Ties

Ties

“Krystal!”

 

“Unnie!”

 

Two children screamed for each other as they were ripped apart. A seven year old Krystal screamed and cried and begged to stay with her sister who was five years older than her. Her older sister fought as much as she could, struggling against the people that held them back. Tears were in her eyes as she saw her little sister drift farther away against both their wills. Krystal, tears in her eyes also, could only stare and reach with false hope.

 

Krystal screamed one last time.

 

“Unnie!” was all that could be heard as the now 19 year old Krystal bolted awake from her nightmare. She had once again dreamed of the time where she and her older sister were separated due to reasons she was to young to remember, let alone comprehend. Krystal was trying to calm herself down with deep breaths. She moved her hair from her tossing and turning out of her sticky face. The person next to her stirred awake and sat up once they saw Krystal's panic-stricken face.

 

“What's wrong?” The other asked, worried laced their voice.

 

“Nothing... bad dream...” Krystal avoided eye contact.

 

“You dreamed about your sister again, didn't you?” A frown could be heard.

 

“It's fine, Amber, just go back to sleep,” Krystal lifted her head, and she was met with a pout on Amber's face. Krystal smiled slightly when she saw the cute sight.

 

“It's not nothing, Krys. I know how much this bothers you. I don't want to see you so sad...” Amber said as she moved closer to give Krystal a hug. Krystal leaned into the embrace and instantly calmed down. Krystal never voiced it, but Amber knows how much Krystal values her. Amber was the first friend Krystal made all those years ago when she was separated from her sister and thrown into a new environment. As they grew together, so did their love. Feelings arose and both were confused if it was alright to like their best/childhood-friend that way. Their group of friends eventually stuffed them in a closet and didn't let them out until everything was settled. They've been going out for three years so far; they started when Krystal was a senior in high school and Amber was a sophomore in college. Now, Krystal is in her freshman year of college and Amber is in her junior year. Both are living comfortably in a small apartment with enough money from their jobs to pay rent and buy whatever they needed.

 

“Don't worry, Amber, I'll get over it...” Krystal started to become sleepy once again having Amber so close.

 

“Don't push me away when you need me...” Amber said in a quiet voice. Krystal only hummed an “I know”, which caused Amber to sigh. Amber stared at the girl in her arms. She tightened her embrace and whispered an “I love you”.

 

“I love you, too,” Krystal responded. Amber smiled and they leaned back into the soft bed. They fell asleep, arms around each other.

 

-------------

 

“Krys... Krys, wake up.” Krystal's ear tickled, but she refused to open her eyes. It was a freaking Saturday, she wanted sleep. She heard a puff of air and some shuffling of bed sheets before she felt fingers attacking her weak spots. Her eyes shot wide open and she didn't contain the laughter as Amber continued to tickle her.

 

“Okay, okay! I'm up!” Krystal shouted. Amber stopped tickling her with a victorious smile on her face. She leaned on her hand as she stared at Krystal until she finally moved and stared back at her. Amber's smile grew wider.

 

“'Morning,” said Amber in a cheerful voice.

 

“Some morning, dork,” But Krystal had a smile on her face as well. Amber only laughed and sat up. She dragged Krystal out of their comfortable bed. Krystal protested. It was only 10 in the morning.

 

“Come on Krys, just eat breakfast and get ready. We're hanging out today,” Amber said to Krystal.

 

“Can't we just hangout here at home?” Krystal whined. Amber denied her and ushered Krystal to get ready as she prepared breakfast. Which was basically cereal because Amber couldn't cook even though she liked to read cook books. Krystal gave up and listened to Amber. She knew Amber would make it up to her by taking her wherever she wanted anyway.

 

They cleaned up the kitchen and themselves so they were ready for the day. It was a nice day out anyway, the sun was bright and warm with clear blue skies. Amber was dressed in a white shirt, splotched with black and dark blue jeans. She wore a light burgundy hoodie, it's sleeves pushed to her elbows, and her short black hair was pushed to the right side of her face. But it was hard to tell since a gray fedora rested on her head. The occasional couple bracelet dangled from her wrist. Krystal had hers on as well, but it was slightly hard to tell as she wore Amber's oversized sweater. It was light, and had horizontal black and white stripes going across. The white stars and black square they over-lapped were located on the right shoulder. Krystal had on a solid black shirt and dark blue skinny jeans, completed with her large but fashionable sunglasses.

 

They arrived in the busy part of town, where all the tourists gathered to see famous spots and stores. Amber and Krystal walked around, going to stores that Krystal wanted to first since Amber had to make up for dragging Krystal out of bed. They didn't really buy anything, but they found it fun just looking around, laughing at what they found funny and being amazed at the clever things. It was just the two of them, and they were happy. Sooner or later, they stopped for lunch. They decided to eat outside some restaurant and people-watch, and when they were bored, they could look up and watch whatever was on the very large big-screen provided by a large skyscraper.

 

Advertisements would repeat, with some music videos every now and then. One in particular had both Amber and Krystal look up and watch. They fully paid attention as each member of the group flashed across the screen and music blasted through the speakers provided. It was Girls' Generation. The overly popular group across the world consisting of nine individual females. Each were loved because they were themselves. They had released “The Boys” two weeks ago, and it was already playing everywhere- radio, internet, TV, phones. It was slightly ridiculous. The video ended, and switched to a commercial once again.

 

Amber looked away and directed her attention towards Krystal who was still looking up at the screen, but Krystal stopped paying attention as soon as the video ended. Krystal could feel Amber's eyes on her so she looked back at her. Amber kept a watchful eye as she spoke.

 

“Your sister is doing well, and everyone loves their new song.” Krystal only nodded her head. She was too busy thinking of her sister. The sister that everyone knew, the sister that everyone loved. The sister that seemed like a cold person, but she proved everyone wrong once they saw that she was actually really goofy. Girls' Generation's very own “ice princess”, Jessica Jung. The very same Jessica that Krystal reached out for twelve years ago. The very same Jessica who struggled against hands who held her back from her little sister.

 

Jessica never forgot about her. Krystal didn't know, but every October 24th, there would be a “Happy birthday, Krystal!” on Jessica's me2day. Krystal was mentioned in all of Jessica's “thanks to” in every CD by Girls' Generation. There were a couple times where the younger Jung was briefly mentioned in interviews and Jessica would hide her sadness.

 

But Krystal was proud of Jessica. Krystal remembered when Jessica used to hate singing, but it soon turned out to be her dream. And now, Jessica was the one main vocals in one of the most popular groups out there. Krystal smiled. She was sad that they separated, she was sad that they couldn't see each other, but when she found out her sister was just fine, prospering, and that Jessica had never forgotten her, Krystal was happy to just support her older sister in the shadows no matter how much she missed her.

 

Krystal's thoughts were interrupted by the beeping of Amber's phone. Amber looked at the text message and smiled. It was about 2 pm. She asked for the bill and paid for the food before offering Krystal her hand. Krystal didn't ask who the text was from because she thought it wasn't really important and fitted her hand in Amber's. They stopped at the edge of some sidewalk and Amber asked for a taxi. Krystal gave her a confused look, but Amber only answered her with a bright smile.

 

They got in, and Amber recited the address from her phone. Krystal didn't recognize it, but let it go since she dragged Amber everywhere, so it was Amber's turn. They rode in silence, hand in hand and stared out opposite windows until they came to a stop in front of a large apartment complex. After paying, they got out and Krystal continued to stare at the large building in front of her. She felt Amber tug at her arm, and she followed her to the elevator and down the hall until they came to a stop in front of someone's door. Krystal saw a number of presents around the door. She was still confused as to why they were there but she didn't get the chance to question because Amber was already ringing the doorbell.

 

“I'll get it!” The couple heard from behind the door. The door opened and Krystal could only gasp as to who opened it. It was Kim Taeyeon of Girls' Generation. Krystal's wide eyes instantly darted to Amber who released a sigh of relief.

 

“Oh, good, this is the right place...” Amber muttered to herself. Taeyeon only raised her eyebrow.

 

“Can I help you?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Oh! Yes. Sorry, but could you please get Jessica-ssi? The presents were here before we got here, by the way. We're not stalkers, I swear,” Amber said. But Krystal instantly demanded in a quiet voice “Amber, what are you doing?! We don't need to be here!” But Amber looked straight as Krystal and replied in a hard voice.

 

“Yes, we do. I don't want to see you wake up in the middle of the night because of another nightmare, and I don't want to see you trying to hide your emotions whenever you see Jessica on the internet, or a picture or whatever. I know how much you miss her, Krystal. We're doing this now.” Krystal couldn't say anything due to the combination of shock and panic.

 

“Wait, 'Krystal'?” asked Taeyeon. Amber returned her attention to her original task.

 

“Yes. Please. I'll get down on all fours, forehead to the floor and beg if I have to!” Amber said in a desperate yet determined voice.

 

“Whoa, you don't have to go to those extremes! But could you help me bring in these presents?” Taeyeon asked. Amber obliged and put them down where Taeyeon told her to once they were inside. It was a very large dorm, but considering how many members there are and how successful Girls' Generation is, it's understandable. Taeyeon directed them to a couch before going to grab the other eight members. It was a rare vacation day, so they spent it at home, doing whatever. Amber and Krystal sat down on the couch, where Krystal continued to panic and Amber attempting to calm her down.

 

“But... But what if she doesn't want to see me...?” Krystal's usual confidence was gone.

 

“Why wouldn't she? You know she hasn't forgotten about you and your her only little sister. It'll be fine, I promise,” Amber reassured her. Krystal was about to retaliate, but instantly froze when she heard Taeyeon call out to her fellow members. Many foot steps and whines were heard as Taeyeon went to each room. Yoona and Sooyoung came first, racing to the living room but instantly calmed down and said their hellos when they saw the couple. The couple bowed and said their hellos. Seohyun soon followed and gave a calm greeting.

 

Everyone could hear as Sunny and Hyoyeon questioned why they had to move but made it to the living room anyway. The others giggled as they approached. With one last “Yah!”, some shouting and laughing, four sets of foot steps could be heard approaching. Krystal felt like her heart was going to explode when she heard her sister's voice coming from the back. Amber gave Krystal's hand a reassuring squeeze. Yuri was the first to be seen, moving out of the way and greeted the couple on the couch.

 

“You didn't have to throw a pillow at me!”

 

“Aw, come on, Jessie, it was funny!” Laughter could be heard.

 

“Yah, pay attention you two,” Taeyeon said in a joking matter. She entered, following Tiffany. She only gave a blinding smile. Krystal's heart only sped up as her one and only sister was almost in sight. Jessica finally stepped into the living room and Krystal's eyes couldn't leave her.

 

“Why? It's a vacation day, there shouldn't be anyth-” Jessica froze as soon as she saw Krystal. Her eyes became just as wide. Everyone was silent as they wondered what was happening, why Jessica had stopped talking, who were these people until Jessica spoke up again in a quiet, shaky voice.

 

“Krystal...” Tears were threatening to spill from Jessica's eyes.

 

“Unnie...” Krystal's quiet voice cracked.

 

Jessica couldn't take it. Tears ran down her face and she launched herself at Krystal. Krystal followed suit as she saw her sister coming, and they met just before the couch. They hugged each other tightly, crying due to happiness that they found each other. Caring questions rushed out of Jessica's mouth and Krystal responded just as fast. Everyone else smiled at the site. The members of Girls' Generation already knew about the separation, so seeing the two sisters together at last brought some of the more sensitive to tears as well. Amber stood up.

 

“I'll pick you up later, Krys. I'm sure you want to catch up,” Amber said but was soon stopped as she was about to maneuver her way around the two on the floor. She looked over her shoulder and saw
Yoona with an sly grin. Amber instantly paled.

 

“Oh no you don't. You're helping us with the groceries.”

 

And with that, a very confused Amber was dragged out the door by a cackling Yoona. Sooyoung, Sunny and Taeyeon followed, hats and sunglasses prepared. Jessica and Krystal finally detached from each other after calming down. The members who stayed passed around tissues to clean up the sobbing mess they became within a matter of seconds.

 

“You're here, you're actually here...” Jessica said.

 

“Yeah... Yeah... I am...” Krystal was about to burst into tears again. Jessica kissed her forehead. She could finally be a big sister again. How much she's missed her little sister. She whispered “I'm sorry” into Krystal's hair, again and again.

 

Krystal pulled back and asked “Why? You did nothing wrong...”

 

“Back then... When I couldn't reach you...”

 

“It's not your fault... I don't even remember why were we in that situation...”

 

“Mom and dad died in the car crash... We were adopted separately... You don't remember?”

 

Krystal only shook her head. If that's what happened, then she didn't want to remember. She had blocked it out from her memory for a reason, and she now knew why. Jessica squeezed Krystal's hand.

 

“I'll make sure we're not separated again, but only if you want that.”

 

“Of course I want that!”

 

Both laughed and talked about what happened over the years. Krystal found out that the reason why she wasn't adopted with her sister was because she seemed distant, and that didn't exactly appeal to Jessica's foster parents. Krystal also found out that one of the reasons Jessica joined Girls' Generation besides singing and performing was so she could reach Krystal. The fame could help her travel and up the chances of finding Krystal. Krystal told her how she has all their CDs(Amber does as well, but Krystal didn't say that), that she's a big fan herself. Jessica only laughed and promised some signatures in the future. Everyone else in the room agreed. Krystal told her side of the story, how she grew up, how blessed she was with amazing friends, what she was studying in college.

 

“So... who was that person you were holding hands with?” Tiffany asked.

 

Krystal instantly blushed. Everyone soon grinned, with the exception of Seohyun and Jessica, as they found a reason to tease their new friend. Krystal played with the couple bracelet around her wrist.

 

“Th-That was just... Amber... My... girlfriend...” The volume of Krystal's voice lowered with each word.

 

“Girlfriend?!”

 

“Y-yeah...” Krystal looked away, afraid of judgment.

 

“She's American, right? 'Amber' isn't just a name you find on the streets of Korea,” Tiffany said.

 

“Yeah, she's from LA...”

 

Tiffany let out an excited woot, she had another LA-er to talk with.

 

“How did you guys get together?” Jessica asked. Krystal's blush intensified.

 

“Uh... It kind of just happened... I mean, she was my first friend after I was adopted. She was really nice, taking care of me and all when we were growing up. Then one day I found out I liked her... It was really weird liking my best-friend, who also happened to be my childhood-friend, but it just happened... But when our friends locked us in a closet and forced us to talk about our feelings was when we actually got together... I actually didn't know she liked me back. That was three years ago,” Krystal chuckled at the memory- how their friends suddenly kidnapped them, how awkward it was, how much Amber stuttered. Krystal's thoughts were interrupted as she heard everyone laugh and coo at the couple's past, including Jessica.

 

“You... It doesn't matter to you...?” Krystal asked. Jessica stopped laughing and looked at her sister.

 

“Not after you told me that. If she took care of you when I couldn't, how could I say no? I'll have to thank her when she gets back with the others.”

 

Krystal breathed a sigh of relief. Her sister wouldn't judge her and they were finally reunited. Everything was great. They just had to wait for the food.

 

-------------

 

Amber could only stare as the four members discussed what to buy. She leaned on the cart and sighed. While she was star-struck, she was wondering about Krystal. But her thoughts were interrupted when products filled the cart she was leaning on.

 

“So, Amber, was it?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Uh, yes. That's me,” Amber stuttered.

 

“Was that your plan? Bringing them back together?”

 

Amber hesitated. She already knew her answer, but she didn't know how to word it. She took a deep breath before answering.

 

“Yes. Krystal and I go way back, and I didn't want her to suffer any more because of it,” said Amber.

 

“You love her, don't you?” Soooyoung teased. Heat rushed to Amber's face.

 

“Well- I- That is- I mean... yes...” Amber said in quiet voice. Whistles and awws went around as they continued to tease Amber.

 

They forced Amber to tell the story- how they met, how they confessed(the closet thing had them howling in laughter, but it only caused Amber to stutter even more), how long they've been dating. There was the occasional break-the-ice game where Amber told them about herself.

 

“I wouldn't mind meeting your friends. They sound really fun,” Yoona said.

 

Amber agreed, but she couldn't help but ask “It doesn't bother you? I mean, about Krystal and I...”

 

They gave her a confused stare, “No, why would it?”

 

“I mean, same- relationships aren't as accepting here in Korea...”

 

Taeyeon, Sunny, Sooyoung, and Yoona froze. They looked at Amber with disbelief.

 

“Y-you're a girl?!” Sunny asked. Amber mentally screamed at herself. She was so comfortable being herself that there were times where she forgot she looked like a dude. Amber nodded her head. The other four quickly apologized for mistaking her gender. Amber replied saying it was okay, that it normal.

 

“As for your question, I mean, it is weird, but it's not like we can tell you who to love. Love knows no genders, right?” Taeyeon replied.

 

Amber only smiled. She was feeling better.

 

-------------

 

The door of Girls' Generation's dorm opened, and five people each carrying a handful of groceries in each hand wandered in. Everyone helped unload the food and prepare dinner. Krystal insisted on helping since they came unannounced. So Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Yuri, and Krystal prepared dinner while the rest set up the large table and two extra chairs for the guests. The seating arrangement will be awkward, but they can manage.

 

With the last plate on the table, everyone took their seats and officially started dinner. Laughter went around, the table was alive and bright until Krystal realized. She turned to Amber.

 

“Amber, how did you do this anyway?” Krystal stared with utmost interest. The volume lowered as everyone was also interested. Amber only looked at Krystal.

 

“What do you mean?” Amber asked.

 

“You have the address to one of the most popular groups in Korea and the world. That's not information people just hand out. How did you get it?” Amber tensed and resisted the urge to look away because everyone's eyes were on her and it was a weird feeling. Like something was crawling under her skin, she was about to start sweating too. Amber gulped.

 

“Uh... connections... I guess...” Krystal's eyes became slits as she glared at Amber, suspicious as to who these “connections” were. But Amber only gave her a look that said “I didn't do anything, I swear. Please don't let me sleep on the couch.” Krystal sighed and the other nine laughed. They didn't really mind since Amber helped reunite the two sisters. “A friend of a friend is a friend of mine” works too.

 

The dinner continued and soon finished. The table was now clean and everyone gathered in the living room, opening the presents from earlier. Some wondered where they should put their new prizes and some wondered how rich some of their fans were. It was close to 8 pm when the couple decided it was time to leave. Everyone had exchanged numbers and user-names and emails by that point, so contacting was no longer a problem. But before they could leave. Pictures were taken to highlight the amazing day. One was a group photo, and one was a picture of the Jung sisters. Amber handed Jessica's phone back to her.

 

“Thank you,” Jessica said.

 

“No problem.”

 

“And also for taking care of Krystal. She told me about how long you two have known each other. If there's anything, please don't hesitate to tell.” Jessica bowed to Amber. Amber put up her hands, not being able to comprehend what was happening.

 

“N-no, it's fine. I did this because I wanted to,” Amber stuttered. Before Jessica could say anything, Krystal whined for Amber. Jessica only sighed with a smile and went to go give Krystal a hug before everyone said their good-nights. The couple left hand-in-hand.

 

-------------

 

Amber and Krystal decided to walk before grabbing a taxi. It was a nice night for a stroll. It was quiet and comfortable. Amber had her arm around Krystal's waist and Krystal locked her hand with the one on her waist.

 

“Did you enjoy today?” Amber asked in a quiet voice.

 

Krystal grabbed Amber by her shirt and smashed her lips onto an unprepared Amber. Shocked at first, because she wasn't expecting such a response, but Amber relaxed into the kiss and let Krystal take over. They didn't care what was happening around them because the only thing that mattered was them. They disconnected once they ran out of breathe. Krystal leaned her head on Amber's shoulder.

 

“I love you...” said a breathless Krystal.

 

“You're welcome,” Amber chuckled.

 

They continued to walk home in peaceful silence. Krystal's phone beeped. She looked at the message and laughed. Amber, curious, read the message. She instantly paled.

 

“Tell Amber that if she makes you cry, I'm breaking both her legs. Goodnight, love you <3~

 

-Sica-unnie~”

 

-------------

 

I don't even care if there's mistakes, f it.

 

I'm going to assume that SNSD has enough couches and a big enough table in their dorm room now since according to Jessica, “You can play soccer in it” (Star Golden Bell, epi something but it was one of the “specials” since all 9 SNSD members were there).

 

This... ugh this story is so gross... there's so many loop holes and it just kept getting worse as I kept typing and why did I even post this and... ughhhh TT_TT it's so uglyyyyyyy

 

I just wanted a family!jungsis moment with a little bit of kryber, is that so hard TT_TT?!

 

Love it, kill it, flip it, whatever.

 

-fmaXp3rt