Chapter 1

Cherry Off the Cupcake [One Shot]

It has been days since that faithful episode. She still couldn't get over it. She really thought she had finally found the one. She really, really believed that. Oh, how naïve. Who was she kidding? 

I’m sorry Eun Hee-ah…I couldn’t go on anymore! Let’s break up…” he said flatly.

 

“Let’s break up…”

“Let’s break up…”

“Let’s break up…”

Those words echoed in her head. The scene is still living very vividly in her mind. Haunting her, creeping up to her, sitting there as if mocking her. As if she hasn't known all this long that she wasn't his all but just a fool. Feeling all so deceived, even her best friend’s consoling didn’t help to make her any better this time.

She had been watching all those sickening-tear-filled dramas over and over again, deliberately choosing the most tear-filled scenes just to make herself cry out the lump that formed in . She thought she would feel better after crying all out, but tears didn’t seem to stop flowing.

Every now and then, her mind would drift off on its own to that particular dimension that she had once willingly being lead to. She was in a total mess.

....................................

She could laugh. She could still hang out with the girls. She could still finish her meals. But deep down she knew she wasn't being very honest with the every hour she's living in.

"This isn't the first time", Eun Hee told herself. "I could very well go on...", she tried to reassure herself. She had done this for countless of times. Who was she kidding anyway? She had failed miserably. Obviously she felt that her everyday has been despicable.

If one is observant enough, they would notice that her every smile failed to reach her eyes. Her cheeks had failed to glow naturally like how it used to. Her laughs, isn't that contagious anymore. It seemed as if she wasn't even there.

She walked mindlessly in total oblivious of the happenings around her.

The three words that were being strung together came to look so sinful now. I love you. She began to suspect if all these while, it had been fake. If, those words were being said out as carelessly as if it had not meant a thing. The mentioning of those words had used to send her heart fluttering. It was her euphoria.

Eun Hee fished out her mobile from her handbag unknowingly. Her hands trembled as she went through each of the text messages she had carefully stored in her inbox. She had been careful as not to delete them so she can look through them whenever she felt lonely, lost, bored and especially before she falls asleep every night. They were then, sweet gestures. Actions that induced her, thus making her fell deeper and deeper into the pit that she has problem getting out from it now. "No! It wasn't my fault. Not at all!", she keep telling to herself... probably trying to make herself better.