The Cookie and the Weird Man

Fortune Cookie

 

 

Its a new day for Kyuhyun and its time for him to wake up early again as always. The alarm clock is ringing hardly but instead of waking up, he just stuffed his face on his favorite fluffy pillow.

"Yah, Kyuhyun-ah, Wake up & make it stop for God's sake! Im still sleeping here yet an alarm clock plans to destroy my eardrum!" his roommate said furiously.

"I know, just stop whining cause you are too old for that. It doesn't suit you anymore." Kyu stood up frowning and irritated not only by the noisy alarm clock but also by his roommate and friend, Heechul.

"This rude boy doesn't know when and how to shut up! Now Im awake too, Its only 5:30 AM! Why do you always have to set it this early just only to EAT YOUR ING BREAKFAST OUTSIDE THE HOSPITAL??!!"

Kyuhyun just stuck his tongue out and stared at his hyung to annoy him. Kyuhyun don't wanna eat at the hospital cafeteria. He only eats there if his stomach doesn't take the hunger anymore. He just can't really stand to eat the cafeteria and he also cannot live without eating his breakfast.

"Aish, this kid is truly....Ah, I don't know" Heechul whispered to himself. 'If he didn't have an awful past then I would be a little mean to him. Of course I love him...as a brother of mine.'

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun immediately took a bath and groomed himself and that took 30 minutes. It is still 6 AM so he got 1 hour to search and eat his breakfast. He drove off using his car that is not that fancy but well-maintained and decent. He took a different route this time to discover new restaurants or shops that is open early in the morning. He had a hard time searching when he saw a small chinese restaurant at the end of the road. He cannot be choosy now so he parked his way at the font of the shop. 

"Finally, I can eat now. Praise the Lord, Alleluia" Kyu said raising his hands up with a hope in his eyes. As he enter the shop..

"Welcome my dear master, Can I take your belongings and lead you to your table?" The chinese man said as he took Kyu's belongings to the table and even pulled the chair for him.

'Is this a chinese restaurant or a restaurant in a hotel, Im just a customer not a master. What a misconception. What a weird guy but since he is pretty handsome and looks nice, I think that's gonna be alright' Kyu raised his eyes in confusion as he smiled and asked the man "Im not that familiar in chinese cuisines so could you just recommend me some?"

"I would like to recommend you Hangeng's fried rice. Hangeng is my name and fried rice is my first creation. Would that be alright to you?"

"That will be okay since Im really hungry"  Kyuhyun stated as his stomach growled empty.

"I guess I would cook quickly, since your stomach agreed with what your mouth said." He politely said as he made his way to the kitchen.

Minutes of waiting, the fried rice was served and because  Kyuhyun was very hungry, he didn't even bother to speak a word and just dug in and chewed his food. He finished his meal within 3 minutes more or less. He felt full and satisfied as he patted his now rounded tummy.

"That was deliciously satisfying, thanks for the meal" He closed his eyes in a satisfying way as he placed out his money on the table.

"Thank you very much that you liked it but before you go, I would let you pick a fortune cookie out of this plate and give it to you for free since your'e my first customer." Hangeng picked the plate of cookies and hand it to Kyuhyun.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt for its free." Kyu picked one and put it in his pocket for he knew he's gonna be late.

"That fortune cookie is very accurate, the message is true in someways you wouldn't even understand" 

"I didn't really believe in those things but I really love cookies. I would try to visit here sometime Im not busy but right now is not a good time. Nice to meet you and I love the food. See you around next time." Kyu hurriedly said as he packed his belongings as he ride on his car.

'Boy, I hope you will get a good fortune, I can sense that this fortune is neutral.' Hangeng thought as he cleaned up the table.

Driving on his way to the hospital, he simply thought that if ever he's gonna be late, he really is ed up big time. He reached the hospital within 10 minutes and he knew he was late so he was preparing himself for a scolding and humiliation even though he got used to it.

"Oho, head doctor , the intern is back" said Heechul as he smirked on Kyuhyun

"Yah, How many times did I tell you to be punctual, You are gonna be a licensed doctor next year yet you still act like a child craving for food. What the hell is in your mind that you cannot eat at the cafeteria?!" Kangin scolded Kyuhyun as he was only late for 2 minutes.

"In my 4 years of studying B.S. Biology and Pursuing Medicine in my 8th year, I am used to your nagging Sir. I don't want to eat at the cafeteria beacause the food there ! and FYI, I was just a little late, what difference will be made in 2 minutes" Kyu explained heartily.

"Heechul, cover his mouth. Leeteuk might hear his snarky comment about the food in the cafeteria. He will be hurt if he heard those." Kang In concernedly spoke. "Kyuhyun, a doctor must never be late. Time is a big issue, even if you are late in just a second, the patient might die. You must always remember that"

Kyu just bowed his head as he was suddenly feeling guilty about what he just said. 

"Now, let's get going to our duty guys. To room 1012" Heechul said as they made their way to their room.

---

It is lunch break but they cannot eat yet and he suddenly remembered the cookie he had in his pocket. He took it out, cracked the cookie and then he ate it immediately. Even though he is uninterested in the message, he just read it. 'Beware, you will be shot by an arrow upon reading this.' He laughed as he read the last line. " An arrow? Are we on the medieval times for me to be shot by that? That's one of the funniest and the absurd things I've ever heard" 

"Yah, are you laughing right now? Don't slack off you kid. Help me here!!" Heechul shouted as Kyuhyun obeyed because it involves the life of a patient. And as always, a medicine intern has to go back to his work.

 

==TBC==

A/N: CREDITS TO THE OWNER OF THE PICTURE