I'm Sorry.

I'm sorry

He's holding your hand and walks slowly at the seaside.
"Himchan ah, please stop!" you said.
He stops his steps but he does not turn around to look at you.
"Himchan ah, please. Let me go." You said again.
"No, I will never let you go." He eventually turns around but there are tears in his eyes.
You become silent coz you dont want to hurt him more.
"I know you love Yongguk but...I cant let you go. I love you. Wherever you are, whatever you do, I'm still loving you. Do you understand? I need you. Please, dont leave me." he said sadly.
"I'm sorry." You are lost for words.
You met Yongguk when you was 12 years old and you met Himchan at the same time. They are really good friends. Also, You know that Himchan have loved you for a long time. However, you have admired Yongguk for a long time too. You felt weird with this complicated relationships and you do not know how to handle. So you never reject Himchan and also never confess to Yongguk.
"please, dont apologize." He burst into tears.
You are really sorry for him but you are still loving Yongguk. Therefore, it's time for you to draw the line. You know, Himchan will get hurt but you have to do this.
"Himchan ah. I'm really sorry but...it's time to draw our line. I love Yongguk. So I cant accept your love. Sorry."
You loosen his hand and walk away.
When you come back to school, you start crying. It's hard for you to reject Himchan coz he's one of your best friends.
"What's happened? Are you alright?" this is Yongguk's soft voice. He gives you a hug but you cant stop crying.
"I...I've just rejected Himchan but I feel sorry. What should I do now? I cant lose him...he's one of my important friends!" you said with tears.
"He...he confessed?" asks Yongguk.
You nod.
He sounds worried.
"What's wrong? I did anything wrong or I should just accept him?" You feel weird with Yongguk's reaction.
"Of course not!....or yes...." he is hesitated.
You leave his hug. "What? You said yes?" You cant believe what you have heard.
"I dont know but...aww!" He founds that it is hard for him to tell the truth.
"What's happened? Tell me! What's wrong with you or what's wrong with Himchan?" You just want to know the truth.
"Okay. I tell you." He puts his hands on your shoulder. "I know that you love me." said Yongguk.
You blush and freeze.
He has known for a long time but he pretends not to know.
It's because of a person.
"I know it. And I can tell you, I love you too." he confesses.
"Is...is it real?" you ask.
He nods. "I never tell you this truth because...Himchan loves you."
Weird.
"He has cancer." said Yongguk, sadly.
"W...wwhat?"
It's unbelievable!
Himchan always looks healthy and sporty. And he is just a optimistic person. God, how can you give such pain to a good person?
"I'm sorry for telling you this truth lately coz I'm afraid to hurt him." said Yongguk.
You are still freezing. Your tears come out coz you have just given a hurt to Himchan, a poor person.
"Himchan ah..." you turn around and run back to the seaside.

You try to find him but you dont where did he go.
Until, you find that there is a crowd.
You are worried and disturbed because you are having a inauspicious presage.
"No...please...no."
When you come closer to the crowd, you see a person who is lying on the ground.
"No! Himchan!"
The person is Himchan. He has lost his breath and he looks pale.
You hug him but he is cold.
"No...wake up please! Himchan ah..." you burst into tears.
"I'm sorry...please...wake up..."
He's not waking up. Never.
When you hold his cold hand, you find a little piece of paper.
This is written by Himchan, before his dead.

"I love you, always. Without you, it's hard for me to live. I'm sorry for my leaving. Promise me, stay with Yongguk. He can give you happiness. I know."

"Himchan, I promise." tears are non-stop.
Yongguk run to the crowd and he sees that you are hugging Himchan's dead body. He walks to you and gives a hug, together with Himchan.
"Himchan will be happy if you smile." said Yongguk.
You look at Yongguk and smile with tears.
"Yongguk ah, Himchan will always be with us, right?"
He smiles with tears. "Of course."

- Finished -