Am I going to have to call him appa from now on?

You made me change for the better

 

The night before

As Key arrived home, Jonghyun was surprised to see that it was so small; it was about the size of his bedroom! Key knew what Jonghyun was thinking and gave him a glare as if saying “do not even dare” which made Jonghyun quiet down immediately.

“So you live here by yourself?” asked Jonghyun as he looked around the house. It was very small actually, you walk in the front door and was greeted by the bed, the left was the bathroom that could barely fit the toilet and tub. Then to the right was the kitchen. You could walk from one side of the house to the other in less than three seconds.

“No, I live with Taemin. I’m his umma so he only has me to take care of him” said Key as he gathered his things and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

“While I’m gone, keep your dino hands to yourself and don’t touch anything, I will know” glared Key as he closed the door to the bathroom. Jonghyun sat down on the bed and looked around, even though there was not much to look at. Feeling hungry, he invited himself into their fridge and saw several bottles of banana milk.

“Whoa, someone must be obsessed with banana milk” said Jonghyun, he spotted the kimchi fried rice next to it.

Without thinking, he heated the dish up and ate his first bite, he felt as if he was in heaven! He never tasted something so good and it definitely tasted better than the stuff his chefs cooked for him at home that they called food. Pretty soon, he cleared the plate and Key was just finished with his shower. Key was only wearing a towel around his waist and walked out with his hair still dripping wet. Jonghyun looked up when he heard the door open and could only stare.

Key’s milky white skin was exposed to Jonghyun and the water droplets on his body did not help the situation at all. Jonghyun felt himself getting hotter as his eyes went up and down Key’s body.

“What were you eating?” asked Key as he approached Jonghyun who continued to stare at him. Jonghyun took a second to snap out of it and said that he found kimchi fried rice in the fridge and decided to help himself. At the mention of the kimchi fried rice, Key’s face fell and his eyes got watery. Jonghyun jumped out of his seat and wondered if Key wasn’t feeling well.

“I made those kimchi fried rice for Taemin, meaning for him to eat it tonight after he came home from school” Key said as tears flowed down his face. Jonghyun didn’t say anything and just pulled Key into a hug, not caring that the water was ruining his shirt.

“Shh, it’s ok Key. Taemin will wake up tomorrow and will be as good as new. Besides, there’s Minho looking after him, nothing will happen to him” Jonghyun tried to calm Key and soon he just had random hiccups and sniffles. After a couple seconds, he felt Key leaning on him, when Jonghyun pulled Key away from him; he realized that Key had fallen asleep. Probably was worn out from the worrying and the tension that occurred today. Jonghyun carefully lifted Key up bridal style to avoid waking him and carried him to his bed. As Jonghyun laid Key down on his bed, he tried to remove his hands from Key’s body but suddenly, for some unknown reason, Jonghyun felt himself tip forward and he landed beside Key.

Jonghyun looked over and for the first time, he saw Key’s face up close. It was beautiful. He continued to stare at Key’s features when he realized that if Key woke up and found him on his bed, all hell will break loose. As Jonghyun was trying to get off the bed, he suddenly felt a pair of arms wrapping themselves around his waist. He turned around, wanting to pull the arms off him with he saw Key’s face was covered in tears. Jonghyun leaned closer and kissed his tears away, it appeared as if Key was having a bad dream and cuddling with Jonghyun seems to make it better.

Jonghyun continued to stare at Key’s face when he saw his face scrunch up as if he was having a nightmare. Jonghyun pulled Key closer to his body and hoped that Key would feel his presence and his nightmare would go away. After a couple minutes, Jonghyun looked at the time and found that it was already past midnight. Jonghyun was too tired to leave and he didn’t want to leave Key alone for tonight so he decided to pull the covers over the both of them and drifted off to sleep.

 

As Taemin unlocked the door and pushed it open, both he and Minho saw a sight that will forever be burned into their mind. Key and Jonghyun were sleeping on the bed, and it seems like a pretty innocent picture, but the thing was, Key was with only a towel around his waist and cuddling beside Jonghyun with his arms tight around his waist. Jonghyun was fully clothed with his arms wrapped tightly around Key’s shoulders.

“Umma... “ Taemin said softly, as they say Key slowly stirring. Key suddenly let out a high pitched scream as he ran into the bathroom. Taemin and Minho both turned their gaze to Jonghyun who slowly sat up on the bed blushing. Minho was the first to say something.

“Hyung, what happened last night?” Minho asked, with his eyes wide.

“Nothing happened last night, we only feel asleep, and that was it” Jonghyun said while rubbing his eyes.

“So, does that mean you are my appa now?” asked Taemin curiously. Suddenly Key ran out of the bathroom yelling.

“NO! Nothing happened, so he is not your appa yet!” screamed Key. Everyone stared at him.

“Yet..?” Jonghyun said, while grinning at Key. Key groaned, guess he realized his mistake a second too late.

“Forget the ‘yet’ Taemin, he will never be your appa!!” said Key as he glared at dino.