Meet your niece, Lee Jinae

You made me change for the better

 

Taemin decided to call his hyung and told him he had some news he wanted to tell him, Onew replied that he also had some good news to tell him too. They decided to meet up later that night and have dinner to catch up.

“Key umma, we’re going out to have dinner with Onew hyung. I’m going to tell him about my engagement to Minho hyung, hopefully he takes the news well” Taemin pouted as he thought about how his huyng’s reaction would be. He had hated Minho after the accident, would he be okay after knowing that not only was he back with Minho but was engaged to him too.

“I know what you’re thinking, Taebaby. If he dares to object, I will make him regret it. A little threat and a little blackmail here and there won’t hurt” Key laughed as, it made Taemin a bit scared seeing his umma this way, but he was willing to do anything to be with Minho.

“Just whatever you do, don’t hurt him too bad, umma. He’s still my hyung” Key nodded and said that he will try his best.

 

Later that night

“Taemin! So, I heard you got your memories back!” Onew and Joon walked closer to the table, and in Joon’s arm was a little girl, about 2 years old.

“Uhh...Onew hyung, why is Joon hyung holding a little girl? And what was the news that you wanted to tell us?” they sat down at the table and Joon placed the little girl on his lap, she peeked at Taemin who waved at her, which made her nervous as she hid her face in Joon’s chest.

“This is Lee Jinae, she’s your niece. We have always wanted a little girl and after the adoptions papers were finalized, we were officially her appas” Onew leaned over and picked up Jinae, she smiled brightly as he placed her in the chair between him and Taemin. Taemin stared at her, she was beautiful, and she continued to look at him when she suddenly raised her hand, Taemin got closer as she touched his face. Taemin felt his heart explode in cuteness, she was the cutest thing ever!

“Hi, Lee Jinae, my name is Lee Taemin. I’m your ahjussi. God, it makes me sound so old” Minho chuckled as he saw Taemin playing with him. He looked over and saw Onew staring at him.

“What are you doing here? I won’t ever forgive you for what you did to Taemin. All the pain he’s been through, I don’t want to lose my brother again because of your stupid mistake” Minho looked down, he had to be responsible of his actions, he admit that he had hurt Taemin in the past, but he promised him that he would take care of him and this time he would definitely keep his word.

“Hold on, Onew hyung! It’s not your decision to make, its Taemin’s, if he wants to stay with Minho, then it’s his choice. I know you’re his hyung, but you have no control over his life. Do you want Taemin to marry and leave you forever?!” Jonghyun slapped a hand over Key’s mouth who was still struggling to speak, wanting to yell at Onew a bit more.

“Forget what Key said about marriage, he’s just babbling. So what were we talking about?” Jonghyun looked around the table and saw that Taemin had stopped playing with Jinae and was looking at Minho. Onew looked over and saw their eye contact; he picked up Jinae and gave her to Joon.

“Taemin, care to explain?” Joon held Onew’s hand but he ignored it as he glared at Taemin.

“Hyung, I know you don’t like Minho because of what happened to me, but because of him, I was able to recover my memories, he risked his life for me! I finally feel complete” Taemin looked over at Minho lovingly; he took Minho’s hand and squeezed it. Jonghyun and Key were sitting across from them, Key’s mind was moving quickly, trying to think of a way to solve this before Onew kills Minho.

“Onew hyung, you remember telling us how Joon left you right? Were you hurt by that?” Onew nodded, of course he was hurt, and he hated Joon for doing that.

“And then you took him back when you realized how much you loved him and vice versa right? So why can’t you do that with Taemin? Why can’t you forgive Minho for what he did to Taemin? Taemin forgave him already as he loves him very much, why can’t you get past the bad things and think about all the good things that he’s done?” Jonghyun finished that speech and took a deep breath. Everyone stared at him, they had not expected him to be so involved, if anyone was going to give a speech, and they thought it was going to be Key.

“Why is everyone staring at me? I’m his appa; of course I have to defend my son!” Key smiled as he pulled Jonghyun in for a kiss, he found Jonghyun so y and hot right now, so much that he just wanted to drag him to the washroom and do things to him, but he had to contain himself and solve Taemin and Minho’s problem first.

“Jonghyun’s right, Onew hyung, I have changed. I know before I wasn’t able to protect Taemin from harm and ended up hurting him myself, but after losing him once, I’m not going to lose him twice. I’m going to cherish him even more. I won’t let him out of my sight for a second and I will love him forever” Minho stood up and bowed at Onew’s direction.

“Yeobo, Minho’s right, when I left you, you forgave me right away, why can’t you do that for Taemin? He’s your baby brother, you should make sure he’s happy, it’s his choice who he wants to be, as long as he’s happy, you said that right?” Joon looked at Onew who was deep in thoughts.

“Onew hyung, it took you so long to finally found Taemin again, do you want to lose him again? If you don’t agree to this, then I’m going to plan with Minho and take Taemin away from you again, is that what you really want?” Minho stared at Key, surprised. He wanted Onew to let him be with Taemin, not make him even more mad. Suddenly Taemin started crying.

“Hyung! I finally found the person that I love, he makes me feel complete and I want to spend my life with him. Did I ever tell you what happened when umma and appa kicked me out? I was never able to say ‘I love you’ again, but Minho changed that, he made me feeled loved again and filled the empty space in my heart. He undid what our parents did to me; do you really want me to go back to the way I was? If I have to feel all empty and alone again, I would rather die!” Taemin got up and ran from the table. Minho got up and chased after him.

“Onew hyung, is that what you really want? Burying Taemin just when you just found him again?” Key shook his head as he left the table to look for Taemin and Minho. Jonghyun stayed at the table to comfort Onew if he had to.

“Yeobo, if he really loves Minho and feels that he can take care of him, then let him have another chance with Taemin. I would rather see Taemin alive and happy. I want our Jinae to have Taemin in her life, I can see that she likes him” just as Joon said that, she spoke up.

“Umma, where’s Taeminnie?” Onew then decided that he couldn’t bear the thought of Taemin leaving him again. He remembered those years when he tried to find Taemin but all he had was disappointing news. He didn’t want to go through times again.

“Let’s go” was all Onew said as he picked up Jinae and walked out. Joon and Jonghyun stared at each other, they had no idea what Onew was thinking or where he’s planning to go.

“Aren’t you guys coming? We have to look for Taemin” Joon and Jonghyun smiled as they followed Onew out the door. After 5 minutes of searching, they found Taemin with Minho and Key sitting in the nearby park.

“What are you doing here? To make Taemin cry even more?” Key spat out, Minho was sitting with Taemin on the bench, one arm around Taemin’s shoulder while the other was wiping his tears away. Onew’s heart broke seeing Taemin cry, which was the last thing he wanted to do.

“Taemin, please listen to me, please look at me. I know I was being selfish and controlling, telling you to stay away from Minho; I realized that the similar thing happened to me and I’m living very happy right now, so why can’t that happen to you. I’ve decided to let you be with Minho again, but listen Minho, if you ever hurt him again, I will personally kill you” Minho gulped; he knew that Onew was true to his words. Taemin sniffled; he looked up and saw Onew kneeling in front of him. Taemin leaned forward and pulled Onew into a hug, they stayed for a few more seconds before Taemin pulled away.

“So, you’re allowing me to marry Minho hyung? He makes me happy, that was what you wanted right?” Onew nodded, Taemin smiled brightly as he hugged Minho as he literally bounced up and down on the bench. Taemin suddenly stood up and walked towards Joon.

“Can I?” Joon nodded and passed Jinae to Taemin. She looked closely at him and pulled on his hair.

“Taeminnie!!” Jinae screamed, Taemin giggled, she was just too adorable. He turned towards Minho.

“Hyung, we should make one ourselves!!” Onew jumped up and tried to strangle Minho.

“What did you do to Taemin?! How dare you!!” Key and Jonghyun tried to pull Onew’s hand from Minho’s neck; Taemin quickly gave Jinae back to Joon and ran towards them. Key and Jonghyun was successful, as Minho coughed and tried to breathe, but Onew flung them away and was about to throw a punch towards Minho when Taemin ran in front of him, his face inches from Onew’s fist.

“Move away, Taemin! I don’t want to hurt you!” but Taemin shook his head and tried to shield Minho with his body.

“I was the one that told him to do it with me. It wasn’t or anything, I wanted to do it” Onew’s face was red now, as images of his baby brother doing it with Minho appeared in his head. Onew knew how painful the first time was and to think his baby brother went through that, it angered him even more. To him, Taemin was forever a child; he always wanted to protect him.

“Onew, he’s a grown up now, you can’t shield him from the society forever. He was going to go through it sooner or later; at least Taemin was able to find someone he loved to do it with, like you and me” Joon pulled Onew closer and kissed him, that seemed to calm Onew down a lot. Jinae Onew’s face and giggled, not knowing the tension and the situation happening right now. Her smile and laugh seems to make everyone feel much better.

“Ok, Minho, I know I can sometimes be a little protective, ok maybe a bit more than a little, but he’s my only brother. I don’t want anything to happen to him” Minho nodded; he knew where Onew was coming from. Taemin is his only family now and he is going to do anything to prevent anything from harming him.

“I understand, I will forever protect him and love him. I know it’s not the right time, but I don’t know when it will be, but I would like to ask for your blessings again. I know I disappointed you last time when Taemin got into that accident, but I promise you, I won’t let anything happen to him. He will live a long and happy life” Minho bowed and stayed that way until Onew gave them his blessings. Key and Jonghyun looked from the sidelines, today wasn’t their battle, but they were happy to be present to see this happy event taking place. After a while, Onew and Joon left, they promised that they would get in touch and would visit them often, everyone had gotten attached to Jinae.

“Taebaby, I’m proud of you. You stood up for yourself today, you’re all grown up” Key started to tear up as he cried into Jonghyun’s shoulder.

“Umma, no matter how old I get, I’ll still be your Taebaby, and I’ll forever be married to you” Taemin turned to Minho and kissed him deeply. It was the perfect moment, until Minho ruined it.

“Minnie, you know that we can’t ‘make’ a Jinae right?”