Chapter Two.

It's a Cycle of Life. [hiatus]

I can't even imagine why I did that. He is a big jerk, why did I threaten him to go out with her? What was he doing all summer? Playing around with girls, saying it was his last days of freedom!? Does she really like him? Argg! I'm a big !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Selina waited there. It has been half an hour already. Do boys always come in late? They always do in movies, she thought. Oh no! What if he comes and finds out I'm waiting for him? Would he think I'm desperate? I'd better do something.

Selina ran upstairs to her room and booted up her computer. As soon as she logged on, the doorbell rang.

"Coming!" Selina yelled, although she was sure that the door was sound-proof and she was wasting her breath. Selina jumped down the stairs and opened the door.

"Hey, sweetie," Joe leaned over and kissed Selina on the cheek. Selina was pretty sure she was blushing. She was in high school and this was her first date. Almost first kiss, too! She giggled over the thought of that.

"Sorry I'm late," Joe continued. "I had to drive my little brother to piano."

Aww, what a nice brother!

"I got you this," Joe's hands appeared out from behind his back. He was holding flowers. Chrysanthemums! It was the first time Selina got flowers. They were a golden yellow and smelled fresh.

"Thanks," Selina took the bunch of flowers and ran to the kitchen. She ran into an unclosed cupboard door. Her kitchen was so messy! Cords were hanging out of drawers, and boxes of food lay everywhere on the floor. The dishes piled up to almost as high as Selina. What if he sees my kitchen? He'll think I'm a freak! She put the flowers in the fridge, which was the cleanest part of the kitchen..

Selina could see that Joe had already took off his shoes and was walking in her general direction, "Here, let me help, " He offered.

"Uh, no!" Selina yelled. She went into the dining room and jumped over the chair. She grabbed her purse.

"Ready!' She said with a bit too much enthusiasm.

Joe looked slightly confused at Selina's attempt to rush. But he didn't question. They headed out the front door and out into a warm and sunny evening.

Joe walked her out to his car. He opened the door for Selina, and waited for her to go in. Selina could feel his eyes on her. He was making her nervous. Selina tripped on her foot.

Then suddenly Selina was in Jon's arms. His reflexes were fast! His arms smelled of lavender and...soap. Selina looked up. Joe's eyes were blue, and his brown hair shone like silk. His face was coming closer...

Selina turned her head. Jon kissed her ear.  Selina started laughing.

"What?" Joe asked.

"I'm ticklish!" Selina struggled to say between bursts of laughing.

"Oh, I see," Joe kidney-shot her and began heading toward the driver's side of the car. "We'd better get goin', you know, the movie starts in half an hour. We can make it through a shortcut."

"There's a shortcut? I've been here all my life and I never knew a shortcut.." 

"Just trust me," Joe put his hand on Selina's. Who knew guy's hands were so warm. God, he's so dreamy. I'm tired... this must be a dream. Selina drifted to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Selina opened her eyes. She took a minute to realize where she was. The engine was turned off. There was faint breathing in the background. Selina turned her head. Joe was sitting next to her, staring straight at her.

"You looked like you were tired. I let you sleep. Did you know you are cute when you sleep?"

"Wha? You've been wa..watching me sleep!? I drool, though!"

"I didn't see you drool, you're so cute," Joe leaned over and pecked her. "If we rush we can still make it to the last show."

"What are we watching again?"

"Haunting in Connecticut."

"What?!"