Protection

Protection

Aaron never excelled in anything in particular, and he couldn’t be bothered with his subjects in school. He doesn’t care about anything around him as nothing caught his attention, nothing was worth his time and energy. But there was one thing he knew more than anyone else, that no one can ever beat him in.

 

Gui Gui.

 

His childhood friend, Gui Gui, had grew up together with him, and they knew all about each other. She was a tomboy, loud and hyper, a noisy person who never seemed to shut up. Her clothes were all worn for comfort, and she never put on make-up or anything that she deems as ‘artificial crap’. And honestly, that’s what he loved about her.

 

Being with Gui Gui, Aaron felt so much at ease.  Gui Gui was a trustworthy friend, one which Aaron had no problems sharing his problems with, and the only girl who hadn’t fell in love with him like all the other girls in school did. She was truthful, and extremely gullible.

Being around her was the most comfortable thing that Aaron could even imagine. He didn’t need to maintain his cool appearance, nor did he have to pretend to be someone of a high status.

 

With Gui Gui, Aaron could be Aaron. Not Aaron Yan, the heir to the famous Yan company, but just Aaron. Although they quarreled practically every single day, and teased each other about their grades, they both knew how much they needed each other.

 

They value their friendship so much, and no one would be able to understand that.

 

Gui Gui was the only one whom Aaron knew befriended him because of his personality, and not by his wealth. She was the only one who encouraged him to be himself, to go on a mad rampage as and when he liked, and taught him the true meaning of living.

 

Without her, Aaron would rather die.


He would willingly lay down his life, if it meant the protection of Gui Gui.

 

He was always on guard, always protecting her. Because he knew, more than anyone. That behind that tough façade lay a girl so fragile, a girl that wanted to be loved. It was his responsibility to protect her, and he swore to kill anyone who even dared touch an inch of her hair. Those that made her cry would get beheaded right there and then, because Gui Gui was his to protect. She also believed in him, and depended on him on a everyday basis.

 

The day where Aaron saw Gui Gui crying in the corner of the classroom, he rushed up to her immediately and saw the bruises on her skin. She was so, so, delicate, and Aaron was literally seething. Gui Gui had held on to him and made him swear not to  find the culprit, but he did anyway.

 

Gui Gui never cried because of pain, and Aaron knew the reason she cried.

 

Memories.

 

With a bad childhood, Gui Gui usually got abused by her parents, and it wasn’t till the age of 16 where she decided to abandon her family. She was guilty of that every second she lived, because she knew she was at fault. As their daughter, it was her duty to take care of her parents no matter what.

 

But she ran.

 

She shared this with Aaron once, and he had listened silently watching her weep as she told her story. She had only mentioned it once, and Aaron knew how hard it was for her to bring up such a heartbreaking past, so he just hugged her until she cried herself to sleep.

 

They never talked about that ever since, but he remembered. And for someone to remind her of her dark past.. It pissed him off.

 

Because no one bullies Aaron’s Gui Gui. And the end of that man wasn't a pretty sight.

 

Gui Gui was a very bright lady. She loved to read, and her grades were straight As, and ususally tops the level. She was unpopular, and had many people hating her. But she didn't care.
 

She had Aaron.

 

Even if she knew that it was a selfish thought, she can never imagine Aaron with another person other than herself. No one knew him like she did, and they practically knew every single thing about one another.

The girls that desperately tried to cling on to Aaron irked her. What did they knew about him? Nothing. If those girls liked him because of his looks and wealth, she tried her best to get Aaron away from those places.

 

What Aaron needed and loved was freedom. As the heir to then Yan company, everyone revolved around him and it was hard for him to get even a little bit of silence.

 

Many hated Gui Gui for being close to Aaron, and there even had been rumors of her seducing him. Aaron had been furious and declared that he would kill anyone who said that again, instantly creating a loud commotion from the press and the school.

 

She knew he didn’t mind doing those things for her, but it still made her feel guilty. Once in awhile, they went to the beach to admire the sunset, keeping their tradition of peace in the sunset. In those times, no one would talk. Just gazing at the gorgeous horizon beautifully coloured in scarlet red made them feel at peace.

 

Another thing that she knew about Aaron was that he was lonely.

 

Sure, he lived in a huge apartment, had over a hundred butlers and servants catering to his every needs, and many people raving over him. But he didn’t want that. She knew it. He had mentioned to her numerous amount of times that he would rather live on his own and just earn his livings. He didn’t want to be called Aaron Yan, but just Aaron.

 

Gui Gui hated the wealthy side of Aaron too. She had told him that his fancy hair covered in wet sticky substances were too annoying to look at, and that he should never wear things like that in front of her. She would just drag his head over to a nearby sink to wash it all away. He was visibly comforted by those words,

 

She relied a lot on Aaron. Her parents had abused her since young, and she had ran away at the age of sixteen. After escaping from her house, she lived in guilt every single day. Running away from her responsibility was cowardly. But she had no guts to return to suffer.

 

She was weak.

 

She hated crying, because crying makes her seem weak. She hated the way people would stare with curious eyes, some with sympathy. Aaron knew that, so he would just hug her silently whenever she cried, and never spoke of it the next day. She was thankful for that. He protected her so much, and it comforted her to know that someone was looking out for her, watching her back. Aaron was always there to catch her whenever she fell, always there to save her when she’s in trouble.

 

Sometimes, he tends to go overboard in his protection towards her, so she always had to restrict him.

 

He had confessed to her on one normal day of school.

 

“Will you be my girlfriend?” Were his exact words. And truthfully, she wasn’t surprised.

 

“I was always yours.” She had replied, watching Aaron grin and pull her into a hug.

 

Somehow, they both knew that this love would last forever. With the trust they had, the bond the shared, nothing could stand in their way.

 

 

 

Hi guys :D Cherry again~ This time I posted a one-shot with a light theme, basically about trust. I absolutely love couples with strong bonds, and those that trusts each other. Those were the inspiration for me to make this one-shot ^^ And I'm sorry for the short one-shot, but it seems that my one-shots can never get long :P This one was a little longer than the previous one though! And for those who hadn't read my other one-shot, Revenge On Gangsters is on hiatus as my inspiration ran out. Alright, that's it for now :) Please subscribe and comment about what you think about this story.

 

P.S: For those who read both of my one-shots, (Resurrection and this, Protection) which one do I do better in? It would help a lot if you tell me what kind of one-shots you prefer ^^ Feel free to tell me how to improve too!

 

Okays, bye! <3