The First School Day

Random Chibi Collection

A young woman in her early thirties silently planted a kiss on a sleeping boy’s forehead. “Teukie baby, it’s time to wake up.” She placed her hand on the boy’s chest and slightly shook it causing the boy to stir and slowly his eyes fluttered open.

 

“-ma…” he blinked twice then sat up and rubbed his eyes cutely.

 

“Come on Teukie, starting today you should go to school.”

 

The five-year-old little Leeteuk grudgingly stepped down from his bed and followed his mother to the bathroom. After getting a quick warm shower, he went back to his room and watched in silence as his mother took a set of new clothing out and dressed him up. As she brushed his hair, he looked at his own reflection in front of him. He was wearing short-sleeved white shirt, blue vest and shorts with a small bow tie in the same color.

 

“Umma, why do I wear this kind of clothes?” he frowned as his fingers played with the bow tie on his collar.

 

“This is your uniform, Teukie-ah. You must wear it to go to school.”

 

“Uniform? Can’t I just wear my usual Superman t-shirt?”

 

“No, baby…”

 

“Then I can’t also wear my favorite duck jacket?” his eyes widened and got moistened.

 

“Well, you still can wear your usual clothes when you’re not going to school.” She chuckled softly seeing her son’s cuteness as the said boy pouted and nodded slowly.

 

“Why should I go to school, umma? I can read already.”

 

“At school you can learn new things and meet new friends. It’s going to be fun, Teukie.” His mother smiled reassuringly and put a blue hat on Leeteuk’s head as finishing touch.

 

***

 

Leeteuk stood in front of the school gate, one hand securely wrapped in his mother’s hand while his other hand clutched the yellow strap of his duck-shaped yellow and orange backpack. There were some other kids around his age scattered all over the large place wearing the same white and blue uniform just like him, but he noticed that the girls were wearing blue dresses instead of vest and shorts on top of their white shirts.

 

“Look baby, I have to tell you something.” He looked up to his mother as he felt a tug on his hand. “Your real name is Park Jungsoo, so people at school will call you by that name and you should answer if they call you Jungsoo. Do you understand?”

 

“But why—“ his protest was cut off as a young woman approached  them and squatted in front of him.

 

“Good morning dear, what is your name?” she asked with a warm smile.

 

“Leet…uh, Park Jungsoo imnida.” He answered stiffly and glanced at his mother who released his hand and soon the woman took it.

 

“My name is Lee Sena. I’m one of your teachers. Come on, let’s meet your new classmates over there.” She bowed to his mother and started walking away. Leeteuk looked back at his mother as the teacher led him to one of the buildings.

 

“See you later.” His umma mouthed and waved before finally went away.

 

When they stopped in front of a room with bright yellow double door, a kid seating on one of some small chairs there immediately caught his attention. The kid had a shoulder-long hair, milky-white skin, large round eyes, plump pink lips and a faint dimple showed up on its right cheek when the owner smiled to the two tall boys standing in front of him.

 

Really pretty, Leeteuk thought.

 

“That is Kim Heechul,” the teacher informed as she noticed how Leeteuk stared intently at the other kid.

 

“Seonsaengnim~ can we go to the class now? I’m tired of waiting already.” The said kid jumped upon seeing the teacher.

 

Leeteuk widened his eyes, brows rising up he eyed the pretty kid in front of him. Aside from long hair, beautiful face and stark pink bag with “Princess” written on it in the kid’s hold, the kid was wearing exactly the same uniform like his own. So it meant that the pretty kid was a boy! Now frowning, Leeteuk thought: then he’s handsome.

 

“Umma said that it’s rude to stare at people like what you’re doing right now.” Leeteuk took a step back, surprised to see the boy stood close in front of him.

 

“Sorry…” he said meekly. Heechul merely smiled brightly and walked away to the two awaiting tall boys. One of them smiled kindly towards Leeteuk, showing his two deep dimples, while the other one glared at him scornfully.

 

Leeteuk turned around to see more kids had gathered in the corridor. The girls were chatting noisily in few groups while the boys were mostly silent except for Heechul who was excitedly flailing his arms around as he was talking loudly. Beside the group of Heechul, a strong-looking boy was using a toy sword to poke a wide-eyed small boy who was pointedly ignoring him and pouting cutely. Not too far from where Leeteuk stood, a boy was squatting while biting his nails and another chubby boy was happily munching on two chocopies.

 

When a particularly loud sound of laugh was heard, Leeteuk saw Heechul holding his stomach with an expression that made his heart beat faster like when he’s going down a high and steep slide.

 

-The End-

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

it would be nice if you tell me your opinion about this first story :)