Chapter Thirty Five

Love is a work of Art

 

Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bfCAN91Mcs&list=PLF12DE41BC75E50EF&index=97&feature=plpp_video

-Su Myung's POV-

I am in the rain. All by myself. My mother said that she would be back but she`s not here yet. Where did she go? Why isn't she coming back? Minutes past and she still didn't come back. I called for her. "Umma! Umma! Umma!" No answer. I started to cry with the sky. Lightning filled the whole sky. BOOM! BOOM! The thunder blasted.

 

-No one's POV

"Su Myung! Su Myung!" Luhan called for her. Su Myung didn't wake up, her face was covered in sweat she was panting and whimpering in her sleep. "Su Myung! Wake up!" Luhan panicked. Su Myung eyes shoot open. He saw Luhan with a distressed and worried face. She searched his face hoping to find an answer to everything but she no. All she saw was a worried Luhan. She pulled him in for a hug and sobbed into his shoulder.

Su Myung had been asleep for 2 days. Her body had just regained energy from all the drama and the surgery. She still couldn't believe what Suzy had done. She didn't want to believe it. Apart of her wish's that she wouldn't have these eyes for her to see. But she knew that Suzy would want her to live happy just like she had told to her in the letter. 

Su Myung was finally discharged from the hospital. "Where do you want to go today?" Luhan asked as they walked out of her ward. Just then a gurney with an elder man had passed the two. She eyed the hurt man and remembered. Her father. Her father was on the verge of dying! After the days of sleeping she almost forgot about what Suzy had said in the letter about their father. "Luhan! My father! I need to see him!" She shouted hoping that it wasn't too late. He nodded and rushed to the front desk. "Excuse me; can you please direct us to the patient Lee Soo Man?" The lady stood up and angled her hand to the left. "Right this way. Room 29, on this floor." 

They both followed the lady. "The patient is very ill right now, he is conscious but very weak. Please me quiet as you enter." She informed. "Deh. Thank you." Su Myung said and bowed. 

The two entered the private ward and saw Su Myung's father resting with his eyes open. Su Myung burst into tears seeing her father injured and dying. She had just re-untied with her father and now she sees him in a horrifying state. 

"A-a-appa." It felt weird for her to say that word. "A-a-appa." Soo Man heard the cry and turned his head slightly to see who it was. His eyes widened at the vision, "Su Myung." His weak voice called. "My baby. My precious, precious baby. I finally found you." He whimpered seeing how beautiful she turned out to be as she walked over to him. "You look just like your mother. So beautiful." They both teared up. He wanted to use all his strength to speak to her. To talk to the daughter that was taken away from him. "Su Myung. My daughter. Your eyes.... I heard that they were...... your sister's....." He paused trying to hold in the outburst of tears. "Su Myung. You have to be safe, live happy. For your mother, for me, for your sister. That is all we would wish for. I'm sorry that you will be alone once again but fate is doing this to us. Su Myung.... Before my time has come. I want you to know that I love you. I never wanted to leave you. Your mother. My first love, she took you away from me so that I can live without your burden. She was a sweet loving girl but she was too sweet. Her cancer, your cancer, I'm glad that everything went fine for you. I am truly grateful to god for this miracle. For you living. For you appearing in my eyes. For you being this wonderful woman today." He held her hand as she cried. "Su Myung. SM. My company. I want to give it to you. This company was for you from the start. People say that SM stands for my initials but really it was for you. It was my present to you once you were born into this world but you disappeared from my fingertips. But now, I can finally give my gift to you Su Myung. My dear Su Myung."

His voice grew weaker by  the second from the words that kept on pouring out. He felt like he had to use all his bit of strength for her. "Su Myung, please live happy." He smiled and turned to Luhan who was standing and admiring the scene. "Luhan... Do you love my daughter?" Luhan was surprised by the question. He was hesitant but then saw Su Myung's eyes stare at him with love and care. "....Yes sir. I do. I do love her." He confessed. Soo Man beamed, "that's wonderful, then I hope the best for you too okay? And I apologize for my behaviour when I told you that you were to marry Suzy. She.... well she forced me to do it for her and I gave in weakly. I hope that your heart answers to this little one here." He said gesturing to Su Myung. "Su Myung-ah... You're blushing." He chuckled and then groaned. "Appa! Are you okay?!" Su Myung panicked turning back to her pale self. "Yeah, appa is fine." He lied. His body was aching with pain. His heart was burning and he felt like time was going to end right now.

He wanted to end his life happy and he got what he wanted. He got to see his daughter one last time. Soon he will meet up with his other daughter that he loved and his love that he never stopped loving. "Su Myung" His throat was throbbing in pain. He wanted to tell her on last thing before he leaves. "Su Myung.. My love." He groaned in pain. He screamed from the lungs that felt like they were going to collapse, the stomach that was about to explode, the liver that was about to melt, his body was going crazy. "APPA!" Su Myung cried holding onto her father’s arms. "APPA! Someone help! My dad is in pain! Help!" "Su Myung, no. My time has come." He managed to say. "NO! NO! I just got to see you! You can't die! Not now! Appa! Please!" The nurses and the doctor came barging in. They played with the IV's and the monitors. They stabbed needles in his arms, which only made his body go numb. "Appa...... " She whispered. "Su Myung." He cooed. 

"Please.... Be happy."

 

 

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.....

 

 

 

The monitor of the heart beat announced his death. Su Myung watched her father freeze in place with his eyes closed.

He was gone.

He had left the world. 

Su Myung's face was wet with tears. "APPA! NO! NO! NO!" Luhan came over to her and wrapped his arms around her. He patted her head and told her that it's alright. "No.... Luhan.... This is a dream right? Right? Tell me it's a dream... Tell me that everything is a lie.... Tell me... “She whined. Luhan didn't answer. It wasn't something to answer to. All he wanted to do was comfort her. Keep her in his arms and keep her safe.

-----------------------------------