Preparation

Love is Law?

It had been an hour since my first meeting with the prince and already I have reported to the higher court. They had said that this was perfect, since they have seen me just a little while ago in the streets they wouldn’t expect an attack on the same day from the person who had saved the prince. So guess what? I m going in for the kill today, my long awaited day of massacre is finally here.

Whilst I waited for nightfall, I had spoken to my father’s alter in my lodging room through a spirit orb that I had bought five years ago just for this purpose. He seemed happy and slowly appeared from the alter and stood in front of me as if he was alive yet again.

“Oh my, is it that time already?” he asked me with his gentle voice.

“Yes father, it is time. I think that this is the correct time of the attack, please tell me the details of the castle, for it has not changed a lot in the past five years.” I claimed as my father stared at me with his eagle like eyes from above, as I had been kneeling on the floor.

“Hmmm, as I recall the heir to the throne lives in the eastern part of the palace, right on the edge. It is surprisingly easy to access. So do not mess up, prepare you’re weapons well. This time it is no practice and you will be attacked and make sure that no one finds out you weakness.” As he said his words he disappeared and it was all in my hands now.

A slight tear fell down my face as I could not believe that I had seen my father again afterhis death. Someone walked past the door, as if it was a ghost appearing in front of a mage or a witch. The young man about my age stood in front of me, dressed in nothing but a plane white yukata. He lifted his arms and pointed at me in fear, like a still image that portrayed the terror of a young man’s heart. Though he looked at me in such pain and anguish he was nothing but an innocent figure who had not a single will to murder.

“Do… Not go after the heir of the throne. There will be great pain with in this task.” They young man spoke in a frail yet husky voice that was very uncommon in medieval Japan.

“Don’t spout nonsense this is my life goal and I will finish it no matter what.” I said as I turned away from him.

There was no reply, and when I turned around. It was as if he had never been there. No presence of anything left in the spot that he stood in. A sudden shiver ran down my back, it was a sign on ill omen and bad luck. My mind was filled with worry and despair nonetheless I knew I had to kill this man no matter what. This evening at precisely at the hour of the boar, when the night is still that is when I will strike. My weapons were in their rightful places, some of them were equipped in my ninjutsu. I had over a thousand weapons each and every one of them sharper than the one before.

In my mind the scene of the murder ran through my body and soul. How he would scream in pain within his last few seconds of hope and then fall to the ground as quick as a bird that was just shot.