Stop One

Temporary Bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To her, life was like a bus ride. Nearly every significant thing that was destined to happen on a particular day was neatly planned out, just like how the way others would have a specific destination they had to get to with a bus ride.

 

Today she had to take a different bus, literally. After being accepted (finally) into a school that provided a better education and broader future oppotunies, she was ready for her first day. Sounds like a corny romcom that consisted of sugar-coated and predictable scenes, but to be honest, her life was quite cheesy. Growing up in a middle class family that experienced hardly any luxuries, it was a big leap of faith for her to take to apply for a school known for their kids that have never experienced any hardships or struggles. But her past isn't important as for now, this bus ride was.

 

Her palms were beginning to feel moist from clenching the metal bars of the bus too tightly while taking in unfamiliar surroundings. This was a new route to what she used to take and the girl tried her best to remember the buildings that came into sight, hoping to see the same ones when the time comes for her to make the dreaded return trip. 

 

The girl scrolled through her new white iPhone in hopes of finding the closest stop to her final destination. She had specially went out of her way to buy her new companion purely for the reason of having a better chance of fitting in. Sounded pretty shallow, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter