.

Blues

 

"Burgers," he asked as he lifted up a bag of burger buns, "or doughnuts?"
 
 
 
 
"Get burgers," I said while reaching for the bag of burger buns, "we love burgers more."
 
 
 
 
He smiled at me as he lifted the bag higher so that it could be out of my reach. I tried jumping up to reach for it but he lifted them higher. Being mad, I kicked his shin and then as he bent down in pain, I grabbed the bag.
 
 
 
 
"You're so evil," he snickered as he rubbed his shin, "but I still love you."
 
 
 
 
I could feel my cheeks burning up as I looked towards the ground and swayed back and forth. Choi Seung Hyun was always smooth with words and no matter how much I said that I hated that, in reality I actually adore it. But I always took it for granted.
 
 
 
 
He placed his hand on my head and ruffled my hair as he took the bag of burger buns out my hands. As he took his hand off of my head, I looked up at him and as our eyes met, it was as if the world has stopped.
 
 
 
 
The image then began to blur as everything around me became black. I don't know where I'm going but I can't stop walking. His voice echoed in my mind as a broken record player.
 
 
 
 
"I'm sorry for leaving you Aika," is all that could be heard.
 
 
 
 
I could only remember bittersweet memories of us now. I could feel my heart could stop beating at times like these, but once these tears dry up then I will remember my love. Most of my friends said that it's no big deal and that I shouldn't care.
 
 
 
 
But even in my dreams, I would look for you. When I wake up, I can't face the reality of not having you and it has made me realize that we went from nim to nam just in a few seconds. It left all the scars open to become bruised with those words I never wanted to hear. Now because of that, no words can ever comfort me.
 
 
 
 
As a light suddenly , I was left there blinded for a second. But I'm now on this stage to sing this song about our blue dyed love and hoping that somehow you'll be able to hear it. Even if we're under the same sky but in different places, I know that leaving me is like the end of the road of love. Now all I can do right now is make my cold heart try to sing these blues for you. Even though you left me, I'm still here.