fin

Jealousy of the Name

Jealousy was not a familiar vocabulary in her life.

Oh sure, she would get jealous once in a while, who doesn’t? However, she preferred to change the situation when the injustice could be fixed; when her brother received more sweets than she did when they were younger, or when her best friends received higher marks in school than she did. But jealousy and romance never seem to occupy the same island together. And that was the topic her boyfriend was currently confronting.

As an international stars and one of the leaders to the hallyu wave in K-Pop; EXO saw a lot of action girls, but couldn’t really get any. Dating within the company or industry would be complicated and could end messy, same with regular girls. So when the fierce leader of EXO-M was confronted by his group mates about his frequent trips to the local bookstore that bore little fruit. Kris broke down under the strain and confessed to members that all this time when he was supposed to head for the bookstore, in actuality he was meeting his girlfriend.

When the cat left the bag, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. After all the jokes and mocking, EXO-M turned out to be quite clever in making up excuses for why Kris kept disappearing or why Tao’s “cousin” kept showing up.

“I don’t understand. . . Why am I supposed to be annoyed with the fact that Kris is making “bowchikawaowao” eyes with her?” Kris’s girlfriend was currently sitting in EXO-M’s dorm room floor; scratching her head, while trying to make sense of the video that was playing before her on Luhan’s laptop.

Kris originally been afraid that his girlfriend would have been jealous, hell even angry at him; Kris had just filmed a pretty steamy CF with a hot young actress in which he had no control over and hadn’t found the chance to tell her about. All of EXO-M had seen their leader panic for over a week about what his girlfriend’s reaction. But when she had showed up that morning she didn’t even bat an eye toward that direction.

“Shruen, Kris is your boyfriend. He is looking at ANOTHER girl while making the “bowchikawaowao” eyes at her.” Placing air quotes around her ridiculous line. “A hot girl to add on, with an incredible bod. Who is now getting shipped with Kris!” Lay explained, “doesn’t that bother you?”

“No. . . It’s not real, so why should it bother me?” Shruen was frustrated and looked up from the screen and glanced between her boyfriend and Lay.

“Dude, I give up.” Lay said to Kris, throwing his arms up in the air. He strode out of the room, leaving the frustrated couple behind.

Kris didn’t understand, didn’t Shruen have any feelings for him? He did have a few past relationships and jealousy didn’t play a major part in it, of course; but there were some issues that arose where jealousy played it’s hand, it was natural after all. From what he understood, people became jealous because they cared. Did Shruen invest any feels for him? Was he, Kris, in trouble? Kris knew that he was serious about Shruen; hell, he would even move back to Canada or China if she wanted him to. But was he investing in a relationship in which only one person was present? Kris’s internal rambling was cut short by a snort.

“Ohgawd,” Shruen managed to get out between her laughter, “how is that hot? If you ever flashed that expression at me, I’ll know that I’m busted.” Scrolling down to read more of the viewer’s comments, “Roll like a buffalo?. . . Kris, you can roll like a buffalo with me. . .WOAH!” Slamming the laptop close, Shruen shook her head to get that image out of her mind.

Getting up she got on the sofa where the tired leader was sprawled on. “Kris, your fans are more erted than I am.” Wrapping her arms around his torso, she mumbled on “if what they said was true, then we would spend half the time with our clothes off and the other halftrying to get our clothes off.”

“Shruen. . . Aren’t you bothered at all by. . .” Kris gave up; rubbed his face against his hand tiredly while groaning.

“Even if I did, it wouldn’t help. So why should I?” Tugging at Kris’s arms, “don’t most idols want their significant others to understand?” Shifting again, Shruen sat face to face toward Kris, “why are you trying so hard for the opposite?”

“Because. . .Because people who get jealous show that they care. People become jealous because they care about that something in the first place!” Kris felt childish to explain this out loud, but he couldn’t stop. “When I do something that even my fans get riled about, I wonder if my girlfriend would care. If she cares enough to become jealous.”

Quietly laughing Shruen reached out and pulled Kris’s head over and whispered in English. “Jealousy, noun. Word origin, old French.” Shruen proceeded to recite into his ear, “Definition: negative thoughts and feelings of insecurity, fear, and anxiety over an anticipated loss of something that the person values.”

Kris shivered when Shruen did this. She was hardly ever this serious or . . . provocative. When Shruen busted out this card, Kris couldn’t help but be amazed by his girlfriend. Shruen was always fun to be around with, she gave him energy when he was tired; calmed him when he was nervous, it wasn’t his fault that he felt insecure around her.

Skimming her nose against his jawline and then kissing him on the lips. Shruen gazed straight in to Kris’s eyes, “are you trying to tell me something? Are you planning to leave me soon? Should I anticipate the loss of this relationship? Therefore call for the need of jealousy, Kevin Wu?”

“. . . No. . . “Kris sighed out, she had won again. Her words had squashed his doubts, “I just wanted to make sure that you weren’t uncomfortable with what I did. And don’t call me by English name.”

 “ I am uncomfortable with what you do, but that can’t do anything, it would just cause all of us more issues.” Sitting on her boyfriend’s lap Shruen continued, “And why don’t you like Kevin?”

 “It makes me feel like I’m in grade school again.” Kris replied hugging Shruen.

“Well, that’s too bad. Because I can tolerate sharing Kris with everyone, but I get jealous when I have to share Kevin.”

Kris Kevin smiled and kissed his girlfriend, content with her answer.