Everything Will Be Alright

Letting Go

"Don't wake me up"

"And let my heart beat it out"

"Yeah, we're all misplaced, so lost in space"

"But it's all good..."

 

Bright lights flashing.  The beginning beats of "Keep Your Head Down" blasts through the arena's speakers.  The crowd cheering, screaming, and clapping.  Amongst the audience stood a younger man disguised under a black, fitted hoodie.  The man was looking upon the stage where the DBSK members, the charismatic leader Yunho and maknae Changmin, were performing.   Jaejoong knew it was a big risk being at TVXQ's concert.  He had to see them in person one last time.  He had to see "him" again, the man who stole his heart.  Jaejoong stared at Yunho, watching him sing and dance with the upmost passion onstage.  The taller man never failed to captivate the audience , he was truly born to be a performer. Jaejoong continued watching Yunho in awe for a few moments longer until he moved onto DBSK's youngest member.  He noted how much the Changmin had improved.  He began to feel bad knowing that the youngest was working hard alongside Yunho to make up for the missing members presence.

 

"Fade out the sounds 'cause life is just a dream anyway"

"But the day you stayed beside me is a dream that I can't see"

"But it's all good....."

 

The duo finished their first song following quickly with the start of "Mirotic".  The song brought back memories of when the group was on top of the world.  Jaejoong could remember performing the song on stage with everyone like it was just yesterday.  Now it was just Yunho and Changmin onstage.  Jae wondered what it would be like if the three of them had never left the group or if the remaining members had gone with them. 

 

"Through our lives together"

"We'll break our hearts together"

"Watch it mold together"

"Yeah baby...."

"Baby, it's all good..."

 

*FLASHBACK*

"Changmin and I decided to stay.", Yunho says in a firm voice.  "What? Why?", Jaejoong questions after being caught off-guard.  "I can't leave SM.  I can't leave DBSK.  We've worked so hard to make a name for ourselves.  I can't just throw all of that hard work and effort away.", says Yunho.  "Yes, we've worked hard to get where we are now but does SM acknowledge it?  No!  Though we have worked hard, they continue to treat us badly.  This is why we decided to leave.  We are capable of making it back to the top elsewhere, all five of us together.  I thought you felt the same way.", Jae says almost in tears.  "I'm sorry, Jae.  It's our final decision, we are staying.", Yunho replies.  "Is TVXQ more important to you than us?", Jae asks afraid of what he might hear next.  Yunho doesn't reply.  Jae breaks down crying.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Jae looks around the audience.  He wonders how many of them are old Cassies, fans of the 5-member DBSK.  Are they dreaming of a reunion or have they come to terms regarding the split.   He also wonders how many of them are new fans, fans who only know TVXQ as Yunho and Changmin.  He doesn't think about anymore.  He just hopes everyone is happy and will support all of five of them.

 

"I can hear those broken hearts tonight"

"If I could, I would heal them overnight"

"I saw you again and you were everything"

"And you are the one I lost"

 

Yunho's solo number "Honey Funny Bunny" begins on stage.  Jaejoong stares in awe once the tall leader appears on stage.  Decked out in a fitted suit, Jae notes how handsome Yunho has grown to be if that was even possible.  The man was gorgeous before, but he was even more so now.  Jae feels his heart shatter as he notices that he's falling in love again.  This time, he knew he would probably never have the chance to be with him.  He wishes he could go back in time to when he was able to be with the other man.  Jae continues to feel his heart break looking back on the memories.  He wonders if Yunho is with anyone now.  If so, he wonders who the lucky person is that gets to see those deep, piercing, almond eyes and y smile or experience those talented hips.  Ara?  BoA?  Tiffany?  Jaejoong frowns at his thoughts.

 

"Through our lives together"

"We'll break our hearts together"

"Watch it mold together"

"Yeah baby..."

"Baby, it's all good..."

"Can you hear me?....yeah, it's all good"

"Sweetness comes and goes and changes"

"It's hurting now, but not for long"

"Baby it's ok, yeah, yeah, it's gonna be alright"

"I can feel my heart, it's trying hard to beat it out now"

 

Jaejoong discreetly wiped away his remaining tears.  He took one last look at the man who still owned his heart before turning to leave.  He headed outside of the concert venue.  He spotted two men, one hidden under a baseball cap and sunglasses while the other was under a dark blue hoodie with sunglasses, standing nearby.  He walked towards them. 

"How is he?", asked Yoochun.  Jaejoong knowing that he was referring to Yunho, says "He looked good.  They are doing fine.  I don't think they need us anymore.." with a sad smile.

Yoochun looks at him in understanding then moves to wrap his arm around his best friend.  "Don't worry, Jae.  You still have the two of us.  We will always be here for you."  Jaejoong looks to Junsu who has moved to his right.  Junsu smiles at him, patting him on the back in agreement.

"Let's go home.", says Yoochun.

The three men walk silently to their car, away from the booming concert arena.

Jaejoong wasn't sure when or if his heart will ever heal, but he knows that one day everything will be alright.

 

"Through our lives together"

"We'll break our hearts together"

"Watch it mold together"

"Yeah baby..."

"Baby, it's all good..."

 

"Through love we breathe..."

 

Meanwhile inside the TVXQ concert arena, an attendee is staring in disbelief at her cell phone showing a picture of what looks like the eldest, ex-DBSK member spotted at the concert. Little did both groups know of the media chaos to occur the following day.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

-DUN DUN DUN DUN.  Don't kill me with the little cliffhanger at the end.

This was hard to write.  I am in a mellow mood today. 

I wasn't sure if I should expand on this.  Please let me know if I should write a follow-up story or continuation to this.

Also to be clear, this is totally fiction.  None of it represents any of my thoughts.  I actually support Homin and JYJ equally.  Jaejoong and Yunho are my bias.  I also love the other three as well.