I Want To Be Free

A Change to Cherish

 

Baek Hyun

 

“Phew! I thought I was gonna die there. I really hate this life! Why me? Why always me!? Are they jealous of me because I’m so smart and they’re not? They’re really such an idiot! It’s not my fault why they got zero. And it’s not my fault that the teacher caught them cheating! Is it my fault they got…!”

“Baekhyun-ah… who’s your talking to?” OMO! It’s my mom, did she heard me?

“Omma! It’s nothing… I was just singing here.”

“You’re calling that singing? You’re scolding someone! Yah. Just open this door.”

“Coming Omma!”

I quickly put my eyeglasses and opened the door.

“You called that singing?”

“Did I said singing? I said I was rapping! You’ve becoming a deaf Omma… Are you a deaf  now Omma? You should check up now.”

“Yah! Don’t joke on me like that, you’ll be grounded forever if you do that again arasseo?”

“But I really said rapping, didn’t you heard me right?” Keke… this time Omma will forgive me again!

“Ok, ok, I’ll not be a deaf from now on! Just hurry down stairs because our dinner are getting cold.”

“Nae... well then, bye bye!”

It’s so easy to trick Omma. Keke! By the way my name is Byun Baek Hyun, but just call me Baekhyun for short. My Omma is only a housewife and my Appa is one of the board of directors at a company. You read the summary right? If you already read it, it’s true! I’m a bully, and I really hate it. I really can’t believe that my classmates belonged to the first section. My classmates are always making fun of me. They always humiliate me in front of many students, always pushing me when I accidentally blocked them, always throwing some papers on my head, always stealing my money and one time, they hid my eyeglasses and I ended up walking at home patting the walls, as I remembered it took me 3 hours when I arrived at home, and when I got home, it was a bad timing, my Omma is on a bad mood because Appa and Omma quarrelled that time, I tried to explain that my glasses were lost but still she didn’t listen! And the outcome is? I was grounded for a month. I can’t tell my parents and my teachers on what’s happening about me being bullied. Because I’m afraid, they’re so many of them and I’m alone, how can I stop them from bullying me? I also tried to transfer to a new school but my Omma and Appa don’t want me to, because they said that the school I’m into is their Alma Mater. But I believe that someday they’ll all pay! We’ll stop with the flashbacks I have to eat dinner now. As Omma said, it’s getting colder.

 

 

Hmmm… when it comes to cooking samgyeopsaland japchae Omma is really the winner. I wonder why Omma is so happy today. I think I should ask her.

“Omma? What’s got into you? Why are you so happy? You haven’t eaten a single of your japchae yet and it’s getting colder.”

“Oh! Because…Baekhyun-ah… we have a new neighbour, I think I should go to their house tomorrow and welcome them here. My, my, I’m so excited what kind of dish I should prepare to them.”

When it comes to knowing your neighbourhood, Omma is the queen! She was very friendly especially to the new neighbours. She always brought them foods or so on, so in the end, she was receiving lots of love from the neighbours too, she had so many friends that I can’t even remember all of them.

“Really?  So that’s why I saw huge cars awhile ago.”

“Baekhyun-ah… I saw their daughter, she’s really pretty! You should court her tomorrow!”

“Omma? Are you okay? I don’t even know her! And I didn’t even saw her. And besides I can’t have a girlfriend because I’m not ready yet.  I must focus on my studies.”

“Well, if that’s what you want I won’t force you, just court her when you finish schooling.”

“OMMA!?”

 

 

Phew! Sometimes Omma is such a nuisance! I stand on the mirror and looked at myself. Can I even have a girlfriend? With the likes of me, who’s the idiot will like me anyway! Then, I laid on my bed thinking what will happen tomorrow. I hope tomorrow will be alright… Aishh! What am I thinking? Tomorrow? Alright? Come on! I don’t have any hope!

 

 

I arrived early at school. I hurriedly went to the library so that no one can bully me there. Library is like my second room, quiet, calm, and has lots of books! I heard the bell rang and I went to my room with my heart beating so fast. As I entered my classroom, everyone are looking at me except from the guy who’s in the back, he’s the tallest in our class. His name is Park Chanyeol and I want to be friends with him because he’s like a loner too… like me! They start laughing and threw some papers on me. Is this really my classroom? How can I change it? How!? And when I tried to sit… my classmate took my chair and my hit the floor. Darn! My hurt! And when I looked at the guy who took my chair… I saw the eyes of a demon with an angelic, doll face. It’s Luhan! The mastermind of all, The heartthrob of the school. When I looked at him, I clenched my fist, my blood is boiling and my heart is going to wild.

“Yah! Bacon-ssi what’s with the fist? Going to punch me? Then go and punch me, it’s okay to punch me, because your punch can’t even break a soccer ball.”

Huh? Soccer ball? He really is an idiot! Even if you kicked it, it’ll not break. I really don’t have any idea why does he belong in this section, well he’s an idiot… Oh right I remember! His the son of the principal. So, everyone respects him… except me of course!

Everyone laughed at me except for Park Chanyeol of course. Then, I heard my other classmate shouted.

“Mrs. Won is coming!”  

My classmates began to run to get back to their seats like an idiots! As if, they’re model of other sections, but instead they’re much worse! Mrs. Won opened the door, went to her table and began to speak.

“Hmmm… quiet just like always, so proud of this section! Especially Mr. Byun who’s the top student here!”

My classmates turned their head and looked at me, it’s like I’m watching horror movie! Their looks are so scary!

“Ummm… by the way, we have a new transferee student here, she is also smart. Come in Ms. Kim Saehee.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading chapter 1! I hope you liked it... Please comment and subscribe! :D