SNEAK PEAK: Maknaes Are Always Stuck Together

Wishing Wells
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is an example of a chapter that you'll see in a future series: A POT OF LUCK that I will start soon when I finish some of my other series. And it will heavily on Maknaes. Not only ChangYoonSeoKyuSooWook, but also TaeLliKaiHunStal. Well maybe even more on the latter five :).

 

Only in K-Pop Group there is a special role that the youngest member has to borne. While the other members (except the leaders, of course) can choose whatever attributes or persona that they want to, these so called Maknaes have to live the lives of never ending scrutiny and spotlights, just because they are the babies of the group.

Everyone in the business notices that it is easy for them to build alliances among themselves. Lines of supports and shoulders to lean on. Something that only the youngest would understand.

Kyuhyun and Changmin for example, developed a line that they could make the other members (except perhaps their extraordinary member, Ryeowook, was the only one who did not) called them ‘Hyung’.

But mostly, they build a support system amongst the group’s maknaes. Yes, with ‘s’, because most groups actually have two youngest members that sometimes separated only by months. Yet even in the case of Yoona and Seohyun, a year of difference does not lessen the bond that these two most criticizing members have with each other.

It does not exclude the next generations of maknaes. Even in EXO, out of all of the 12 members – because for them, there are no ‘K’ and ‘M’ in real life -, Kai and Sehun are inseparable lately.

It is just how maknaes lives are meant to be.

Perhaps.

Because there is one maknae who thinks she is a lone raider.

Long time ago, watching the older maknaes interacted, she thought Jinri and herself would be like that. But apparently she was wrong.

There always Taemin in between the two of them.

And she knows what a third party means of.

Since Taem

Please log in to read the full chapter