Chapter 8

Infinitely Forever

Changmin parked the car he borrowed from Yunho on the nursing home’s yard. He closed the door of the car, slightly slammed the black metallic metal. ‘So this is the nursing home.’ He thought. The young man couldn’t wait to meet his parents, a small pang hit his heart when he remembered the past, knowing the reason why his parents decided to live on their own without their kids.

Changmin straightened his coat, cleared his throat, tried to be calm. But his mind was somewhere else, thinking about his parents’ reaction when they see him again, after 10 years. Would they still recognize him ? Or would they shoo him out, treat him like some unknown visitors ? ‘It can’t be.’ Changmin slightly shooked his head. His parents had the greatest love for him and Seohyun, and there’s no way that they’re going to act like that.

He moved his long legs, walked towards the nursing home’s lobby. There’s a young woman busily typing something behind her desk, she didn’t notice that Changmin had placed himself neatly in front of her.

“Excuse me...”

The woman slightly jumped from her seat, startled by Changmin’s voice. “Yeah, I’m sorry. Welcome to Seoul Nursing Home. What can I help you ?” She put all the papers she worked with before under her desk and smiled at Changmin.

“Umm yeah, I’m Changmin. I want visit Mr. & Mrs. Kim.”

“Which Mr. & Mrs. Kim ? I mean there’s a few people with Kim as their surnames. What are the first names ?”

“Taeyeon & Tiffany.”

The woman looked at him for a few seconds, then said, “I’m sorry, but may I know who are you to them ?”

“I’m their so-I mean I’m their relative. I haven’t visited them for a few years and I heard they’re here.”

“Alright, I’ll accompany you to Mrs. Kim.”

Changmin couldn’t hide his joy when the woman got up from her seat and motioned him to follow her. They’re now in a different part of the nursing home, and he could say this place was really peaceful. There wasn’t a lot of sounds, just a few people talking calmly and birds chirping, flying around happily.

“How many people usually visit them ? Mr. & Mrs. Kim.”

“After a few years since they stay in this nursing home, so far, only Mr. Jung & Ms. Choi.”

“Mr. Jung ? You mean, Yunho ?”

The woman nodded. “Yeah. But lately he didn’t come, Ms. Choi said he’s a bit busy nowadays.”

“Who’s Ms. Ch-“

Before Changmin could finish his question, she interrupted him. “We’re here. Mrs. Kim’s usually inside, you can enter her room. I’ll be going now.” She bowed and left Changmin in front of a white door.

The door was slightly open, the window was opened. Changmin saw no one inside, so he decided to wait in front of the room by sitting on the bench.

He fiddled with his fingers, Changmin didn’t know he could be this nervous. Those hypotheses of him played again inside his brain, trying to shrink his courage to face his parents.

‘No, I should see them now.’ Changmin shook his head at his thought, then slightly jumped on his seat when someone tapped his shoulder.

“Excuse me, why are you here ?”

Changmin looked up and widened his eyes when he saw the person that tapped his shoulder. “Mom ?”

The woman that called as mom tilted her head in confusion, and asked him, “Mom ? You mean, me ?” She pointed at herself.

 

Changmin hugged the woman that had given birth to him tightly. She looked much older than her age, the age that Changmin had counted after 10 years without them. Changmin celebrated his mom, dad, and sister’s birthday alone when he’s away, because he’s too afraid that coming back would do harm to his career in America. Heck, his selfishness drift him away from his family instead.

Tiffany tried to release from the young man’s tight hug, she felt it’s suffocating. She knew she had a son, she remembered her husband decided to name him Changmin, but she didn’t remember his face. Well, at least Changmin is her head wasn’t like this. He’s a cute boy, with short black hair that smelled like mint and he would wear shorts with his favorite football team’s jersey. Who’s this man hugging him ? He looked firm and calm, but he seemed to old for her Changmin. The man in front of him didn’t smell like the perfume she gave to Changmin on his 17th birthday, he smelled like some expensive Armani instead. His hair wasn’t that short, it’s a bit longer and she thought he had put some gel on.

She pushed him away with all her might. “Who are you ? Who are you calling me mom ?”

Changmin was hurt hearing those words came out from his mom’s mouth, but he still managed to keep his cool. “I’m Changmin, mom. This is Changmin !” He pointed a himself.

“Changmin ? No you’re not. Don’t ever dare to pretend as my son ! He’s not you !” Tiffany pushed her son again, then ran inside her room, locked it. But he’s faster enough to put his leg between the door and the wall, preventing it from closing.

“Mom...please listen to me first...” He’s practically begging, he’s even ready to hug his mom’s legs and cried like a baby to convince her. He didn’t mind if the edge of the door hurt his long legs, all he wanted was a recognization from his mom.

“No ! Someone, get this man out of my room !” Tiffany shouted, and two men came to her room with a woman tailing behind.

Changmin felt himself being pulled away and finally the door closed tightly right in front of his face. Two men pulled him forcefully, dragging him away. He tried to release himself from their tight grip on his arms, and when he succeeded he ran back to the room but again, the two men catched him.

“Get off me ! She’s my mom, why can’t I see her ?” He shouted at their faces, but a woman answered him instead.

“She doesn’t remember you as his son, Sir.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, everyone ! XD

Here's chapter 8, and please wait for chapter 9 ^^

Btw, Changmin's pretty hot hehe :p

Ciao~!