Kris/Jiyoung

KARA one-shots

 

                “Rock, paper, scissors!” Nicole recites cheerfully and Jiyoung says it with her in unison, though her voice sounds hard and a bit worried at what’ll happen if she loses. If she lost that would mean that she would be at the mercy of the rest of KARA, this being their fairer version of truth or dare. Though in Jiyoung’s opinion it was only fair when she was the one giving out the dares, not the other way around.

She loses to Nicole and KARA is currently discussing how to torture the poor maknae who had chosen dare “because truth was too boring”. Jiyoung looks around the room and glances outside of the door, looking out into the hallway where other artists were bustling about, getting ready for rehearsals. KARA had been set to perform on the second half of the Dream Concert and their manager, worrying about traffic, insisted that they come early. After their dry rehearsal, KARA had cleared out most of their time killing activities and “truth or dare rock paper scissors” was next on their list.

“We got it!” Hara exclaims before Gyuri can, making the older glare and lightly shove her, “I came up with the idea!” “No you didn’t, I was there and I’m pretty sure I was behind the genius!”

Ignoring the arguing girls, Seungyeon and Nicole lean forward and reveal the verdict, “You have to ask a guy from a rookie group out!” “The first one you see!” Nicole adds, to raise the stakes and Jiyoung gapes. Couldn’t they have been nicer to the maknae? “Fine, but if the manager finds out and I get in trouble I’m taking you all down with me!” that grabs the attention of Hara and Gyuri who turn to look at her, mildly annoyed and incredulous looks on their faces.

Jiyoung flashes them a smile and waves, walking off to find her target and praying that it would be someone who wasn’t too much younger than her. She’s barely out the door when she bumps into a tall guy who was cradling a copious amount of water bottles in his arms. He lets out a sound of surprise upon their collision and he smiles gratefully when Jiyoung catches the bottles that toppled over.

“Thank you,” Jiyoung arches her eyebrows at his slight accent and turns to look at Hara who was urging her from her seat inside KARA’s dressing room. The taller doesn’t notice and gives her a soft smile, mumbling an “excuse me” and side stepping her to get to his destination. Jiyoung is about to call out to him when Nicole starts stage whispering “mission abort!”

“What do you mean “mission abort”?” Jiyoung asks incredulously as she marches back inside the waiting room and Hara folds her hands over her lap calmly, though Seungyeon explains before she can, “In addition, you have to pursue him until you have each others’ numbers in your phone contacts!” “You can’t change the rules like that!”

“Yet it was allowed when you decided my dare?” Gyuri looks faux offended and Jiyoung whines, looking to Nicole in hopes that she would be her savior. The purple haired girl looks like she’s about to side with Jiyoung when Hara gives the maknae a gentle nudge, “Hurry, go, go!” “I don’t know where he went!” “Just GO!”

                Jiyoung wanders around the corridors and sighs when she finds nothing, about to trudge back to KARA’s dressing room when she spots the tall guy from before again. He seems to recognize her too and he bows politely, about to walk past her after she bows back, when Jiyoung stops him by placing a hand on his shoulder. He turns to look at her, eyebrow arched, questioning look on his face. She smiles politely and clears , trying to find words to explain why she was bothering him but finding none.

“I’m KARA’s Jiyoung,” Ugh, she mentally slaps herself for the lame introduction but perks up when he introduces himself as “EXO M’s Kris”, so that explained why his Korean was accented. “I really like you guys!” she hadn’t really looked into them but from what she had seen during their rehearsal for the Dream Concert they seemed quite good for being rookies.

He smiles at that and lets out a soft “thank you” before turning on his heel, about ready to head back to the rest of EXO. She stops him with a tentative “wait” and he turns back again and Jiyoung is both surprised and impressed when she sees that his expression isn’t laced with irritation or annoyance.

“I especially like you,” that wasn’t a complete lie; she had seen a good side to his character in their past two encounters. He was thoughtful and selfless in that he carried all those water bottles for s, probably without their asking, and his patience level was obviously high, what with his dealing with Jiyoung’s pestering much better than any member of KARA would have.

He smiles in response to that and turns to face her fully, glancing around the hall for a moment before turning his full attention to her, “You’re one of my favorites in KARA.” Jiyoung’s interest is piqued and she sits down on the floor of the hall, back against the wall and knees pulled up to her chest. He takes a seat next to her and mimics her position, preparing for an insightful conversation.

                Hara peaks out into the halls after Jiyoung had been gone for at least an hour and a half and smiles brightly when she spots Jiyoung and Kris sitting on the floor, facing each other and talking animatedly about who-knows-what. She motions for the rest of KARA to go over there with a big arm motion, her other hand holding onto the edge of the wall to peek out. The rest of KARA gets in position, all their heads popping out of the hall comically.

“And that’s why she hates heights even more than before!” Jiyoung finishes her story and she and Kris burst into fits of laughter at the image Jiyoung had vividly drawn out. Their laughter is soon interrupted when EXO K’s manager heads over to them, urging for Kris to go back to EXO’s dressing room immediately, as it was time for them to start applying makeup for their performance. That puts a slight damper in their moods and Kris nods, smiling slightly when the manager takes his word for it and leaves, going off to find Chanyeol who had wandered off to who-knows-where.

“Sorry,” Kris apologizes simply and Jiyoung smiles, shaking her head frantically, “Don’t be. I had fun! You’re a lot friendlier than I thought you would be…” she trails off and Kris nods in agreement, “You too.”

She blinks rapidly at that before breaking out into another smile, “I think it’s my eyebrows.” Kris laughs and reaches up to smooth his index finger over one of his own eyebrows, “I think it’s my eyebrows too.”

They share a laugh before Kris decides he was stretching his time too far, standing up and offering a hand to Jiyoung, which she gladly accepts. “I like your eyebrows.” Jiyoung laughs at the odd compliment and is left awestricken when Kris leans down to put a small kiss on the side of her temple, as if to prove that he really did like them. He leaves before Jiyoung can say anything and she faintly registers that she hadn’t fulfilled her dare.

 

A/N: Sorry for the delayed post, it took a while to come up with a way to make these stories semi-believable without making them into AUs. I'd love to make this a "first come first serve" policy but I get inspiration for certain couples over others. But the requested couples will definitely be written!

I was also thinking of making banners for each chapter but, as it's too time consuming, I'm going to be putting that off. I hope this is to your liking, xBabyJing! And I hope those who hadn't requested it will like it and take this as a "sample" of my writing ^^ thank you all for subscribing and I promise to not making the author's notes this long!