A Slight Taste of Bitterness

Sweet but Bitter, Bitter but Sweet

Dongho's POV

Soohyunnie hyung and I have known each other for about the longest I can remember. Our parents knew each other before we were born and now i'm 16 and hyungs 22.

Soohyunnie hyung has been there for me for all my life. When my mother and sister died in a car accident, and when my father commited suicide a month after the funeral. He has always comforted me in the darkest times, including when I got caught trying to hang myself.

Our bittersweet love began last year. It wasn't bitter at all, before Soohyun's parents found out. They couldn't admit that their son was homoual and blamed me that I made him like that. They started to hate me, started to abuse me, and made my life a living hell.

FLASHBACK

We were sitting on the leather couch in Soohyun hyung's house. He is quite rich. His father is the CEO of the whole S-Market branch. His house is huge. About ten times bigger than the White House.

"How are you Dongho?" asked his mother. She was always so kind to me.

"Oh..um..we have to tell you something."

"And what is that something?" she gave me a warm smile that reminded me of my mother.

"Father, you need to know this too." Soohyun said. His father sat next to his mother, looking at both of us suspiciously.

"What is it?" he asked, with his deep voice. He reminded me of my father.

Soohyun took my hand and placed it on his lap.

"Father, mother..We are in love."

I saw his parents' mouth drop open, his mother's in terror, and his father's in disgust.

"No..." whispered Mr. Shin.

"Th-thats impossible. My Soohyunnie? He's not...he can't be..."

"Mother, yes. I am homoual and I cannot do anything about that." Soohyun said, confidently. I thought they were going to kicj us out when Mr. Shin yelled at me.

"Get out of my house, you filthy beast!" He yelled, pointing at me, then at the doors. His mother parted us, and took Soohyun hyung away from me, his father trying to push me out the door. I heard Soohyun yell as he suddenly grabbed me from his father's arms and walked out of the double doors.

When we got outside, we saw the maids and servants looking out the window to see where we were going as hyung led me to a garden.

We sat down on a swinging bench as he rocked it back and forth slowly, facing me.

"Are you alright?" he asked, his eyes glistening in the moonlight.

"Yeah..i'm fine..." I replied, looking down at my feet. He placed his hand on my arm, where his father grabbed me. It was red and about to bruise.

"I'm so sorry...I knew something like this was going to happen but not this bad. Are you hurt anywhere?"

"Nope. I'm perfectly fine." I said, smiling. He smiled back as we leaned back into the bench that was still rocking, as I examined the garden.

END OF FLASHBACK