Chapter 18

I Met My Lover On A Site [MULTI-CHAPTER]

Tao had spent the last two weeks completely engrossed in hanging out with Yixing and Suho.  

Yixing was being a full bridezilla and Tao had to step in so that Suho wouldn't eventually get too angry and eventually... slap his bestfriend. 

"Suho! Get your fatass on of that chair and get working on that guest list or I swear to satan!"

Tao groaned as he pushed his head further into his pillow so he could at least try to drain out the irritating voice. But obviously there was no luck because nothing would erase that sound from his ears.

Finally getting irritated enough he got out of his bed and stomped his way (in his panda onesie) down the stairs to go and deal with this.

When he got to his Kitchen he frowned and glared when he saw his friend march around the kitchen table throwing his own glares at the young man that was writing non stop and going through his contacts on his phone to get a 'perfect' guest list as Yixing had put it. 

The panda did not know how Suho put up with him. Tao certainly couldn't.

"Yixing. Can you please, lower your voice when your shouting?"

The both of them shot up freightened when they heard the sudden voice come from no where and Yixing literally fell on the floor due to the suprise. Tao rolled his eyes and sat down on one of the seats completely ignoring the shocked best friend.

"So Suho, How many guests are there right now?"

Suho looked at him with his tired eyes and sighed before giving him two peices of paper full of names. 

"Right now? 234 people. Plus guests. My Bride does not get that we can't add many more people."

Tao sighed and read all of the names. 

There was him at the top and then Lay's first family then Suho's. Then under the heading 'cousins' was about 50 names and then the rest were friends. Tao shook his head slightly and kindly gave the sheets back to the other. 

"Good luck."

The panda said it quietly so that Lay wouldn't hear him and start getting loud again. 

The morning and afternoon pretty much went along like that. 

Tao was sitting down on the couch, Lay was beside him sleeping on the armrest while Suho was still in the kitchen now phoning venues to get tours so they could choose the final place to have it. With all of the 'excitment' going on Tao really couldn't wait to have a wedding of his own. Unfortunetly he thinks he's going to be more like Lay than Suho.

But the thought brough him back to someone who had been ignoring him. 

Bringing out his phone again he pressed and held the number one button and it came up with the speed dial for Kris' phone and he held it up to his ear. 

It wasn't like the bartender expected to get an answer, he just wanted to hope that Kris was actually going to stop ignoring him and pick up the phone to talk to him at one point. 

Ring

Ring

Ring

Ring

The caller you are phone is unavailable at the moment. 

As usual. 

With a sigh he threw his phone on the floor and sunk back into the couch, lifting up Yixing's legs to let them rest on his lap and let his friend get more comfortable. At least he was useful to somebody. 

When his phone went off he threw his friends legs off immediatley and dived to the ground to get to his phone. 

It could be Kris.

His full body went limp when he saw the caller I.D on it. It was only Kyungsoo... He huffed a little but nevertheless picked it up and gave the voice on the other end a small 'hi' and was blown away from the energy that the other's voice actually had in it.

"Tao Tao Tao, wanna come to Kai's house for a party?"

Tao gave himself a small smile... maybe this would be good for him. After all it would get him away from all the thoughts about Kris... like the ignoring or his smile.... or the fact that he completely ruined their first ever date... and left the rose... and didn't even kiss him goodbye.

Yes.

This would definitely be the right time to get away from those thoughts.

"Yeah sure. When?"

Kyungsoo seemed very happy about his co-operation on the matter and Tao could hear his squeal. He may seem very sophisticated on the outside but this is the real Kyungsoo. 

"Next hour? Be there... or be a krispie square."

Tao laughed and agreed while putting the phone down and going up the stairs to get a shower and get ready. Not caring about the idiot sleeping on the bed and the poor man working his little bum off in the kitchen.

 

********************************************************************************

 

Suho had been gracious enough to drop him off at Kai's house and as he gave the elder a smile he walked towards the door and knocked on it a few times. He could already hear a lot of voices throughout and smiled. At least there would be one person that can take his mind off of Kris. 

As the door opened a happy looking Kyungsoo threw himself on the panda giving him a large bear hug.

"Tao! So glad you came!"

Tao grinned and laughed but nevertheless followed the other into the house.

"Guys!" 

Tao brought up a hand to stiffle his laughter a little as he scanned the room. He saw Kai, Chanyeol and someone sitting on his his lap... that was quite a weird site to see given that Chanyeol was a very... unsocialable man when it came down to it. But then someone almost running up towards him caught his attention.

"Tao."

Oh no. It was Kris... maybe this wasn't such a good idea in the first place.

As he got even closer, close enough that he could feel Kris' breath on his face the elder spoke and wrapped his arms around his own waist tightly giving him a very unexpected hug.

"I'm glad you're here."

Really? Was he just trying to be nice in front of everyone else? In fornt of Jongin who knew that the both of them were supposedly too close to be normal friends? 

He felt the taller lift him up a little but the panda kept his mouth shut until he was put down again. It felt so awkward in his mind. 

The smile that was shown to him a moment later almost broke down the wall that Tao had put up in the last two weeks, but he didn't let it. He couldn't but he couldn't deny that it was hard. 

"Hey Zitao."

And then the deep voice resounds his full name and he knew he could melt. But he smiled a little back. 

"H-Hi Kris."

"Are you okay?"

The long fingers came up to brush a single strand of his black hair that had went out of place.

"Um... can we talk?"

Tao saw the worried look on the others face but he knew that he was feeling much worse.

"Of course."

With a nod from the taller one and unexpectedly holding onto the panda's own hand Kris dragged him through the crowd until they got to another room where Tao watched the other one close the door and turn around, the look on his face still different. Tao was twitching with his fingers, he did'nt even know where to start.

"What is it?"

The voice was soft and Tao took a breath before answering.

"...Um, we need to talk about what happened."

"Oh I see, then let's talk."

They both sat on the bed together, Tao shifted a little more to the side away from Kris. He had to get all of this out. Even if he was mad at him it technically was all his fault in the first place... 

"I'm really sorry I had to leave. I'm sorry I left the rose there. And I'm deadly sorry I ruined everything between us. I mean; it's fine if you are mad at me for it, but please don't ignore me anymore, because I don't think I can handle it much longer."

He could feel his own heart beat faster and faster with every word that left his mouth. He didn't like being ignored especially if that someone who is ignoring him was Kris. 

The panda squeezed his eyes shut. He didn't want to hear the reply of rejection from the Chinese man... he didn't think he could handle any more of this. 

"Why... why do you think I'm going to ignore you?"

What? For the last two weeks he's heard nothing from him. He didn't pick up any phone calls either... 

"B-Because that's what you've been doing... "

He could feel the tears b at his eyes and his voice was quickly loosing the will to even let out sounds anymore.

"No, I haven't!" 

Tao shot up and looked at the other straight  in the eye. Such an outburst.

"You have, I haven't spoken to you in two weeks Kris, even though I keep calling you."

Maybe the panda had his definition wrong through his life somehow. But Ignoring was exactly the definition of what Kris was doing the past weeks.

"Zitao... there is a very good explanation for that."

Kris had spoke, once again his full first name just rolling off his tongue like it belongs there. He watched as the other tood up and then suprisingly instead of wlaking out or something, he knelt down in front of him and took Tao's hands in his own, almost like he was cradling them.

"That night, I wasn't mad - Of course I wasn't. Even though we were only there for a short time it was great. Also, don't worry about that rose. And thirdly, when I left the restaurant, I dropped my phone into the river, so I actually got a new phone today, but through these past two weeks I have tried to contact you and you never picked up!"

Kris had taken a deep breath and Tao's brain literally just turned into mush. Like... it wasn't there anymore? Hsi full head had just evaporated into thin air... of all the things that went wrong. Every single one of them could be corrected? Just as easily as that? His face went red as he thought even more about the explanation he had just recieved. So Kris... wasn't ignoring him?

"...Are you kidding me?"

"No..."

Tao huffed but then threw his long arms aroudn the tallers very warm neck and tackled him to the ground using all the strength he had built up through his wushu practices.  He started to laugh loudly, especially in Kris' ear, about the whole situation. How did he doubt him so quickly?

"God! I'm such an idiot..."

The words came out very loudly and he rolled himself off of Kris who was settling almost on the floor and sat up in a position that he didn't have to look at the other anymore. The elder had then sighed a little then took him self off of the ground... probably making Tao look like a very small ant. 

"No you're not, sorry for being clumsy though. But I have one question." 

Kris had brought out his hand to offer it to Tao to help the panda up to which he happily complied.

"About what?"

He gasped silently when he felt Kris' long arms wrap around his waist and pull him inwards, their bodies hitting off of eachothers in intimacy. It was probably making Tao's cheeks look like red balloons.

"Why didn't you pick up anyone else's calls?"

Tao gasped a little. What was he supposed to tell him? That he was so eagerly waiting on the elder's phone call that he hung up on everyone else that tried to phone him just incase Kris would happen to be trying at the exact same time? He couldn't tell the other that... that would just make him out to be even weirder and more stupid than Kris thinks right now.

"Oh, that's because I was really busy."

"Whatever you say panda."

Tao sighed in relief that the other knew not to really ask more questions. Cause he wouldn't get them answered. But he smiled at him and then watched him do something that wasn't even in his mind at the moment. Though it should have been... he was just too concerned at Kris possibly finding out what a loser he was. 

Their noses bumped into eachother as the brown haired man lowered his head down, slowly but definetly their lips touched and stayed in sync with eachother very slowly. The panda's hands acted themselves and brushed up Kris' quite hard biceps to hang them around his neck pushing the kiss that they had even deeper. Even though their lips weren't moving, it was a very comfortable postition.

And when it ended Tao's stomach dropped a little.

"Let's go back okay?" 

He felt Kris storke his cheek and if he was a cat he probably would have meowed right into his touch. It was so soft and caring. 

When they got back Kyungsoo was the first to jump over and eye them both.

"How the hell do you guys know eachother?!"

He definetley had something to drink. Kyungsoo was never that... open? Probably Kai giving him apple sour shots or something.

"I should be asking you the same thing."

Kris had spoke before Tao could get a word out but he wasn't in any rush to speak to drunk people anyway... especially when he was... sober. Turning around to Kris he answered for him and Kyungsoo.

"Kyungsoo's actually one of my best friends, and Kris is someone really close to me."

That answered both... and hopefully Kyungsoo would leave afterwards. He intertwined his and Kris' hands, wanting to obviously touch himi but to also give his best friend a kind of hint as to what he really meant.

"Whatever you say Tao."

The younger had completely turned around and had probably ran back to Kai. Kris brought him over to the couch to talk. Hopefully about something that was good.

"So, what were you doing for two weeks then?"

"My best friend and his fiance came over to visit actually, so I've been spending time with them."

He probably should have also asked if the both of them wanted to come as well... but who knows, they were probably having fun together anyways.

"Sounds great fun."

Kris' smile was so special he could die right in the second it was presented to him...Then he remembered about the plus one on his invite.

"Oh!"

A chuckle escaped Kris' mouth but it didn't dampen Tao's mood any.

"Yes Tao?"

"I want to formally invite you to their wedding!" 

Him and Kris at the wedding together... holding hands and brushing up against eachother... having a dance on the dancefloor.... but what if he didn't want to come? He saw the grin on the others face but it didn't help these thoughts any.

"I-I mean, if you want to... that is."

"Of course I want to."

The panda felt his hand getting squeezed tighter in the hold and Tao felt his heart beat quicker and all the images he was just having about them at the wedding were flooding him again.  Maybe they would have their own wedding some day? With Tao all in white and Kris with black, holding hands while saying their vows to eachother... living happily ever after in a small cottage by the sea... well. Hopefully it comes to that... he guessed....

 

***************************************************************************************************

 

Tao didn't think they actually removed their hands since they left the bedroom at Kyungsoo's place. Because here they were still intertwined walking down a dark road together. It was a very romantic setting. Tao blushed at it.

"I'll walk you home okay?"

He nodded at the gesture. Both of them knew he could do it himself, but this felt more welcoming... and too adorable. He bit his lip from the excitment and kept walking.

"Tao, let's go and play."

The panda hadn't even realised they were even at a park... but here he was getting dragged a bit too quickly on the grass to reach the empty swings that lay dormiant hanging from the pole above. Kris  had alreay took a seat... almost daring him to sit beside him.

"What are we even doing here?"

He loved simplicity like this. It was like they were on a date again, Tao had sat beside the other and swung very gently. 

"I want to have fun with you."

Well. Was Kris trying to kill Tao with all of this damn cuteness?! He watched Kris kick off his feet and the awing immediatley started off, he heard a few giggles retort themselves out of his mouth while he swung.

"Come on Tao!" 

That was what set him off. He let out a sweet giggle and then kicked his legs just as Kris had done before and was swinging higher and higher. The laughing could not control itself and as he looked at the other who was staring back , it was hard to hold a smile that was just growing on each of their faces.

They played for so long, Tao had never done anything like this before, especially with someone like Kris. It was ages before Kris finally stopped, causing himself to slow down as he watched the other go in front of him.

"Zitao, how do you feel about me?" 

....

That was sudden. Did they have to have that conversation while they were in the middle of having fun? Cause Tao didn't know that answer... he wished he did. He was frozen on the spot. He had nothing to say.

"Tao?"

Stop asking, stop asking please?

"Kris...I feel so weird about you, I don't know what to say."

It was true. And that was better than saying he didn't know what he felt. Weird is good right?

"Okay...well, why don't you ask me?"

"Ask you what exactly?"

"Ask me, what I asked you."

He blushed and a tiny cough came out before he did what he was told to.

"How do you feel about me?"

For the love of god if he says something like, we're friends or that the panda was going to kick him in the balls. He was in the perfect position to do so as well.

"It's very complicated, but would you like me to sum it all up?"

Yes please. He gave the elder a nod and waited for the man to continue this.

"Well, I've never felt this way about anyone else, and to be honest I love this feeling."

He wasn't making sense at all. He was confused. All that Kris was saying was mumbo jumbo. 

"huh?..."

He saw a slight amused smile on Kris' face and he started to wonder what the other person was actually playing at? Was this all a play to make him look like a fool or something? Well that wouldn't happen! He was a strong independent panda... he was going to be the dominant one in this relationsh-...

"Let me say this: Would you like to be my boyfriend?"

Or maybe not... 

...

He asked that right? To be his boyfriend?... Huang Zitao would have a boyfriend?

"...O-Of course."

Suddenly the panda was lifted up by the strong arms of his... boyfriend as he was picked up off of the swing and spun him around, probably making someone with a weak stomach puke. But all he did was giggle.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!"

With every spin was a thank you and Tao couldn't help but join in on the fun by laughing at him. When he got settled down lips were suddenly on his and it wasn't like earlier, this was a real kiss and it was getting better every second. Kris had pushed his tongue in quickly and they both started to play with eachothers, occasionaly massging the panda's. The elder's arms got tighter around him and it was amazing.

He was finally with the person he was dreaming about marrying. 

And he didn't even have to embaress himself either!

The night ended too quickly and when Tao finally got inside his home a giggle left his mouth when he saw the sight in front of him in his living room couch. It was Lay and Suho, cuddling together on one of his small couches. Their arms were wrapped around each other and it looked as if they were actually kissing in their sleep... they faces were that close together.

But it all made him think back to Kris. 

He means... his boyfriend. 

Slipping down onto the empty chair he started to think of things to do other than day dream about his boyfriend all night. Then the panda got an idea. 

He ran up the stairs and jumped into his bed. Not even bothering to remove the clothes that he had wore to kyungsoo's... they still had Kris' scent on them so it made it better. 

As he closed his eyes and rested his head on the fluffy pillow, Kris popped up everywhere... and to be honest.... he did not have one tiny complain about it at all.

 

 

A/N - sorry for making you almost wait a month. I really didn't have any motivation for this. But here :D And because Xmas is coming up we'll probably be more generous and give you more chapters in a regular basis :P