Competition?

And Here Begins the Fight for the Throne

A/n: to get you guys in the mood;) listen to Monster by Big Bang. Enjoy!~


 

It was a little past six in the evening when Kris was suddenly awoken by soft knocks on his bedroom door. Something soft and silky brushed against his chiseled jaw, fully bringing him out of the hold of his slumber. He was fully alert now and aware that he was completely unclothed.

 But the state he was in did not matter to him as much to fact that he had forgotten to finish his meal last night. She was presently tucked right in crook of his neck, her arms laced around his chest.

  But it wasn’t his complete fault he forgot. Last night he had the luck of finding a rare water nymph as his meal for the week. Water nymphs had the most delicious tasting blood and the most delectable aroma. He loved saving them for two meals, so he could enjoy the taste twice.

  This time he hadn’t meant to save her though. He was currently visiting his parents’ place and decided he would finish her in one go. It was common courtesy. He was a very respectful son, but more importantly, the next heir. He had an important image to keep intact.

 He expertly pried the nymph’s delicate arms from around him, and loosely draped his robe around his body. He slowly made his way over to his door, and made sure the occupied bed wasn’t viewable from the visitor’s stance.

“Yes?”

“Oh sir….uh…uhm, you have a…vis-visitor…” the flustered maid quickly diverted her eyes upon seeing the barely covered prince.

 Kris casually leaned against the door frame of the bedroom, “Well what are you waiting for? Bring them up.”

 The maid bowed and abruptly begin to walk off, obviously still a bit shocked.

 Kris stopped her before she could make it to the stairs, “Oh and work on closing your mouth…..it’s not very ladylike.”

 

 

“He what!?”

Luhan sighed, obviously frustrated with Kris’s incapability to understand what he was saying.

“He found his soul mate! I know it sounds cliché, but it’s something you should probably be aware of.”

Kris walked back in forth in the room his parent’s lent him, from the window to the sofa and back. Luhan had only been here for five minutes but he was already confusing Kris, something he did often.

“And what exactly does this have to do with me? So this bloke found love. Whoop dee do. When’s the wedding?” Kris chuckled at his dry humor. He loved messing with his older brother.

“Could you be any more stupid than you already are? Don’t answer that. Tao is under a powerful bond called Enticement. Are you smart enough to know what that means? It means he’s stronger than you, which means he is actual competition for the throne now. Are you getting this?”

With this bit of information, Kris found himself instantly stopping in his tracks. “What? Enticement? That’s not a myth?”

The elder of the two settled himself on the bed, making sure to sit as far away as possible from the now unconscious creature nestled in the covers.

“No, it’s very much real. It makes even the most powerful vampires even stronger. They find their missing piece, their other half one might say. It’s sort of a completion process. What you need to know is that he’s dangerous now.”

Kris’s face contorted in confusion, “I thought he didn’t want the throne? The Dark Raven clan hasn’t had an heir since two generations ago.”

“He has a reason now. He wants to marry the girl. You know that’s the only way a royal born vampire can marry. He means business.”

Luhan closely observed his brother who was currently sitting in the window sill of the lavish room. He appeared to be in deep thought, which was something Luhan rarely saw on his younger brother’s face. He loved Kris, even if he could be a complete douche most of the time. The younger had zeal, even if the older hated to admit. It was something a future heir had to have. Being the older brother, Luhan had no way of getting the throne. With vampires, the youngest of the clan was the strongest and had more centuries in front of him to fully live his reign. This didn’t matter too much to Luhan, he could care less about becoming the next king. He had the love of his life, Valentina, and he was happy, something a lot of vampires couldn’t claim.

Valentina was everything to him. She was a beautiful faerie, with long auburn ringlets running down her back. Her hazel eyes were soft but searching, wonderful orbs he found himself getting lost in. Her slender hands fit perfectly in his. He could never be truly happy unless he was holding them. He even missed her now. The only thing that kept her from being as perfect to the rest of his family, as she was to him, was the fact she was Tao’s adoptive sister.

Luhan was in love with a member of the Dark Raven clan. This would be okay if he wasn’t a part of the Midnight Rose clan, the only other born-vampire clan that’s existed for the past 10 generations. Plus, they were enemies. That didn’t roll well with the future in-laws.

Kris finally spoke up from being deep in thought. He smirked, “We’ll see what happens. I’ll be the next king if it kills me, better yet, if it kills him.”


 

A/N: So here is the first part to my two-shot prologue.

I know I make Kris sound a little douchey, but i kinda like douchbagkris!:D (loliloveyoukris)

I wanted you all to get a feel of what the plot will be like in my sequel and get to know the characters a bit:)

Please comment!:) Part two will be up tomorrow!

-Che

Main image is NOT MINE. (Credits to owner)