Destiny and other fried stuff

Que Sera Sera

  I just threw in the towel at 7k words. M'sorry...I....I can't

 

 

UNEDITED OF A CHAPTER

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The first thing Yesung notices after he lands on his buttocks is that the place is pitch-black. The second thing he does is tense up in pain as his sprites off angry waves of flaring torture. Someone reaches for him, their hands blinding roaming his body before grasping him by the collar and tugging him to his feet.

            “Yesung, Siwon, are you guys alright?” Amber’s unmistakable voice echoes in the darkness. With the mention of Siwon’s name, Yesung is able to ignore the pain as a sense of panic causes him to blurt out,

            “Siwon, he, he didn’t-we - we have to go back for him” which was a pretty vague thing to say since they were in a rather spooky underground location, with no sense of direction and their eyesight was useless in the dark. In order to get to Siwon they would have to find a way out first.

            “What? What do you mean go back for him? What the hell happened up there?” Donghae’s high pitched squeak startled Yesung. He could not see the other boy, but his voice had sounded very close.

            “He-that stupid bastard, ugh! I-” Yesung breaks off, making a frustrated sound as he recalls the quick kiss and Siwon’s desperate face just before the man had shoved him into the hole. His heart ached with sadness but he also finds that he was filled with so much admiration for Siwon’s bravery. After weeks of hating the erted jackass it felt so weird to mourn him. It wasn’t like they had been friends. But Yesung could reluctantly admit that he had sort of grown accustom to having Siwon around.

            “I can’t believe it” Lovelace’s surprise is evident in his voice. “Who, who would’ve thought that Siwon would be the one to put his life on the line for us”

As Lovelace’s words soaked in, they all went silent for few seconds, each offering up a heartfelt thanks in a silent prayer to Siwon.

            “Is Suzy alright?” Yesung asks when he finally manages to calm his racing heart.

            “Yes, she’s fine” Lovelace assures him. His response is quickly followed by Suzy’s own timid voice, “It’s scary and very dark in here”

Thank you for pointing out the obvious Suzy. Yesung takes a cautious step forward, unsure of his sense of direction. He wonders briefly if this was what Kyuhyun had felt when he had been blinded by the unicorn.

            “Then let’s not waste any more time here then” Amber states.

Donghae hysterically questions, “But which way should we go”

It was really no use trying to look around. The entire place was blackened around them; therefore gut instinct would have to be used.

            “Lets, let’s try straight ahead…f-for now, I guess” Yesung instructed. Donghae and the others were already in front of him, therefore it is with difficulty that Yesung limps forward, the hands that had helped him before, which belonged to Donghae, were now fumbling to grab his wrist.

            “You could’ve just asked to hold my hand if you were scared” Yesung cannot help but tease.

Donghae does not reply but his hand on Yesung’s wrist does tighten a little and it was like they were practically holding hands as they walked. The darkness in the tunnel makes Yesung feel overly conscious about his body, well, Kyuhyun’s body. On more than one occasion Yesung bumps into Donghae or Amber and at some point he completely trips over something in the path, landing with a sharp smack to the face. Lovelace had blindly called out to him while Donghae uses his slight hold on Yesung’s wrist in order to guide his fallen comrade to his feet.

                “Stick close to the wall. Let it guide you” Lovelace instructed.

After the initial shock of the fall wears off Yesung balances himself on the left side of the tunnel. He had been reluctant to touch the walls of the tunnel, afraid of what he might find on it. However this was no time to be worrying about hygiene. Even though this new strategy provided them with a better way to follow the path, Donghae still did not release Yesung’s hand.

They’ve been walking at a fast pace for over 10 minutes now, however there is still no sigh of a possible way out, not even a hint of light.

            “We’re never going to get out of here” Donghae moans pitifully, finally releasing Yesung’s sweaty palms.

Suzy makes a whimpering sound, a bit frightened at the prospect of never making it out of the dark. If there had been any source of light in the tunnel at that moment, Donghae would’ve found himself pinned by everyone else’s glares.

            “Would you be quiet? You’re scaring Suzy” Amber hisses.

As much as Yesung hates to admit it, he also shares Donghae’s fears. What if they never found an end to this tunnel? What if they had chosen the wrong path and needed to turn back? After much thinking he pauses in his steps,

            “Guys, maybe, maybe we should try a diff…”

Lovelace’s scream echoes throughout the cave and Yesung almost s himself as it takes him by surprise. Donghae shrieks with fright before shouting,

            “Lovelace!”

There is no answer. Immediate panic and concern take over Yesung’s body and he rushes forward, bumping into someone but not caring.

            “Ye-Yesung wait! What if…”

I can’t lose them too!, is all that is going through Yesung’s mind as he runs blindly in the pitch black. The solidarity of the ground suddenly disappears from beneath him and a very unmanly scream is ripped from his throat as he begins to fall. He barely hears Donghae and Amber yell his name.

His back hits against a slippery wall of moss and he skids smoothly until landing with a splash of water. When he surfaces, grasping for air, a pair of hands reach under his armpits and pull him toward a wall. The light in the room immediately has him breathing a sigh of relief as he takes in his new surroundings. They are in the bathhouse!

His ears are still ringing with the loud thump of his heart when he hears Donghae’s unnecessarily feminine scream followed by a loud splash.  Amber comes out next, making a ‘weee!’ sound as if the slid was enjoyable.

            “Why didn’t you let Amber come first?” Lovelace scolds Donghae, “That was very un-gentleman-like”

Donghae pouts. “She’s tougher than nails, even while pregnant. If anyone tried to mess with her she’s probably just eat them” He has to dodge the smack that Amber had been aiming at his head. However , he cannot escape the shove that Lovelace gives him which causes him to tumble right back into the filled basin. The sounds coming from outside the bathhouse were muted slightly but it was obvious that there was still some fighting going on.

            “Well, now that we can all see again. What’s the plan?” Amber asked as she squeezed the excess water from her clothes. 

Yesung looked at them. Now that they were out of the darkness he could see just how terrible they all looked. Lovelace looked absolutely weary but he still managed to carry Suzy who refused to be put down. Amber was heavily pregnant and despite her adventurous attitude it wasn’t proper of them to expect her to be able to keep up if they were to make a run for it. Donghae… was just pathetic…Yesung groans. They had lost their only hope of surviving in combat.

Siwon would’ve been an excellent asset to have around if they were attacked again. Now that Siwon had gone and played hero, Yesung felt an unsteady distress for Kyuhyun. He wondered if the other boy was okay. And it would be a lie to try and convince himself that his concern was only out of being fearful for his own body. Everything around them was hitting its and it would to die without knowing how Kyuhyun really felt.

They could just stay in the bathhouse and hide out until things cooled down a bit but that was just cowardly and Yesung would probably claw his hair out if he didn’t find Kyuhyun. The only way to ease the heavy burden of worry would be to go look for Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk. But he’d have to let the others stay put until he returns. He could not risk Amber or Suzy being targeted in the battle and Lovelace and Donghae seemed exhausted.

‘You better still be alive you ’, Yesung prays silently but passionately as he finally confirms his plans in his thoughts.

            “Okay…I-I’m going to find Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk” he declares as boldly as he can without stammering.

Lovelace is the first to protest, his fatherly nature taking over as he sternly tries to convince Yesung to abort his plan.

            “No! No Yesung” Suzy cries, reaching out with her arms and latching them around Yesung’s neck.

            “Suzy” he sighs, knowing that her stubbornness could not be prevented. He hugs her back tightly, silently promising to come to back in one piece. It is with a deep exhale that he finally manages to coax her back into Lovelace’s arms and he has to look away from her wide doe eyes and cute pout.

            “Yesung…are…are you sure about this?” Amber touches his arm, her voice soft. He looks down at her. She has her other hand on her stomach, rubbing circles in a way that makes him think that she is probably unaware of what she is doing.

He nods once, “Yes, yes, I- I can’t leave without him, them, the both of them. I have to make sure they’re okay. It’d be easier if I went alone since I might be able to convince the Overlord’s knights to protect me. I’ll be back as soon as possible and we’ll all leave together” He drops a kiss onto Suzy’s forehead, gives Lovelace and Amber a brief hug and  pauses when Donghae pushes his cheek forward.

When Yesung doesn’t do anything, the young lad straightens up, looking affronted,

            “What? No cheek kiss for me? And I thought we were amigos. Anyways, here…” the boy holds out a steel bucket for Yesung to take.

            “What’s this for?” Yesung asks as he takes the bucket, eyeing it wearily as the handle creaks.

Donghae grins sheepishly, “To bash in people’s skulls with. Every prince needs a weapon”

            “Ah yes. Everyone likes to read about princes who prefer to wield buckets into battle”

The young man shrugs, “Look at this way, if you get thirsty you can get yourself a drink of water”

~~

Kyuhyun’s heart is his throat the moment he recognizes the midnight cloak that the Overlord likes to wear in the midst of battle. His father or at least the man he thought was is father, slices deep into the neck of three men before he looks over to where Kyuhyun and Luna are watching him. The muscular man grins at him, giving a mock wave with his bloody sword.

When he notices that the Overlord is heading toward them, Kyuhyun grabs Luna’s arm as the girl readies herself for a fight. Although he had original wanted to kill the bastard, he did not wish for Luna to be present. The Overlord would see her as unnecessary and possibly kill her without batting an eye. There was no doubt in Kyuhyun’s mind that the Overlord was a skilled fighter, however the man did have his blind spots and thankfully Kyuhyun had made it his business to know at least 2 strategies of taking his father down. They had sparred several times together and each time Kyuhyun had struck a direct blow that caused his father to stumble in his concentration he made a note of it to use in a next sparring session.

            “Ah…if it isn’t the harem girl…hm, well you look rather-boyish. Have you been dieting too heavily on mens’ seed? Too many long nights of rough ”

Kyuhyun doesn’t fidget, but his mind was in shambles.

Luna raises her sword, pressed it toward the Overlord and snarled her displeasure.

The overlord did not even blink, instead gave her a mere once-over before focusing his attention to her left.

            “Eunhyuk…” his eyes narrowed. Hyukjae smirked, trying his best to look confident as his former master gazed at him with displeasure. Eunhyuk raised his sword as well.

            “I always suspected-but never fear. I think I’ll kill you first, then” without further warning he took off with a speed much too quick for his solid build.

Their two swords clashed together angrily.

Yesung clutches the handle of the bucket tightly to his chest. The bucket is long gone by now. He had already smashed it into the back of an attacker’s head and slapped the er into oblivion with it. His hands tremble a little as he rushes from corner to corner, hiding behind houses or any surface big enough to cover him. There is blood and dead bodies and yelling but he doesn’t focus on it, his main priority is to get to the castle and hopefully Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun would still be inside.

            “You highness!” someone shouts just before his body is protected by a large silver shield.

Yesung glances up at his savior and sees an unfamiliar face staring down in concern.

The man turns away and yells to someone, “Quickly! We must get the prince back to the castle!”

Yesung does not protest as he surrounded by a group of knights.

~~

Kyuhyun cries out in horror as the flat-side of the Overlord’s sword strikes Luna’s left cheek. She had been trying to prevent Eunhyuk from being stabbed when the Overlord decided that she was being a nuisance. Luckily the impact did not break the skin but it would indeed leave a nasty mark. When Luna refuses to back down, the Overlord snarls and jabs his elbow at her, catching her sharply in the throat, causing the girl to draw back from the pain and shock of the blow.

Eunhyuk uses this as a distraction to escape from under the Overlord’s shadow. He moves around the back of his former master and aims a deadly strike toward the man’s skull. The overlord jerks backward, narrowly escaping the attack with only a scratch of the blade grazing his ear.

Unable to locate a weapon, Kyuhyun in all the courage he can muster up and charges forward. His father seems to have been expecting this and is quick to turn around, grasping Kyuhyun by his neck, his large hand wrapping tightly around Yesung’s delicately thin throat. Kyuhyun claws at the hand feebly, his head dizzy as his air supply is suddenly limited. There are blue spots forming in his vision when he finally tossed aside, flying into someone and taking them down with him.

            “Yesung!” the person shakes him, but Kyuhyun is all too focused on getting as much air into his lungs as possible which leads to him coughing up a storm afterwards.

            “You bastard! Never ing touch my brother again!” Luna growls just before she moves to attack the Overlord again. Despite her blind rage, she does manage to slice into the Overlord’s arm which takes him by surprise.

Furious at being wounded, even if slightly, the Overlord crams a punch into Luna’s stomach, causing her to keel forward, her eyes bulging from their sockets as the wind is knocked out of her. A large, muscular knee slams into her chin; she bites her tongue in the process and can taste the mouth in as she flies backward onto the ground.

Eunhyuk continues to hold up his side of the battle with the Overlord, but he is quickly being overpowered. Their swords clang together musically, and at one point they are braced against each other, their weapons forming a sort of cross as they push against each other. The Overlord grins just before slamming his forehead into Eunhyuk’s, stunting the other boy’s concentration and causing him to stagger them.

            “F-FATHER!” a familiar voice screams in absolute terror just as the Overlord raises his sword again to strike the final impact.

Yesung races across to where they are, the knights who had been shielding him branch off widely, securing the area around their king and his son.

            “What-What are you doing!?” Yesung is trying not to sound too panicked but seeing his body curled in pain on the ground, while the Overlord aims to kill Eunhyuk was not exactly a calming situation to be in. There was someone else groaning nearby as well, but the knight had been facing downward and at the moment Yesung could care less about anyone else.

            “Kyuhyun?” the Overlord raises an eyebrow, “Why are you not with Emma and Merman? I gave them strict...no!”

To be honest Yesung did not even feel it at first. The initial shock of someone pressing into his back, followed by the tragic yet quick penetration of something sharp sliding into his flesh had only left him standing there for a second or two looking like a deer caught in the headlights. He does however, yelp a little when the object in roughly pulled free.

The Overlord frowned but other than that he did not even step forward to catch Yesung as his knees gave out. He could hear someone screaming but it all didn’t seem to matter as time slowed down and seemed to only concentrate on the racing of his heart and the way it gradually began to slow down to fewer, yet solid pumps. Before finally hitting the ground, he looks over his shoulder, gasping in shock as he sees his attacker. Luna.

Luna was here.

Luna had stabbed him.

But she was here. And, she was safe. Right?

He had kept her safe by coming here.

            “L-Luna.” He smiles happily, however it comes out sort of watery and he mildly wonders why she looks so confused just before he collapses.

He was on his back now for some reason. It seemed to take all his energy to open his eyes, so he didn’t bother.

Shaking her head to overcome her surprise, Luna raises her knife toward the Overlord,

            “You’re next” she declares, just before Yesung shoves her to the side.

            “No! No!...What-Eunhyuk!, Eunhyuk, I need- I need help. Get-Get Merman!” Kyuhyun cries as he tries awkwardly to maneuver Yesung’s body so that he could see the wound.

            “You’re going to be okay” Kyuhyun lies desperately, tapping his fingers against Yesung’s cold cheek. “You’re gonna be okay! Just-ing open your eyes!” he practically screams. His hand goes to inspect the wound just as Eunhyuk moves to stand over him. Kyuhyun practically sobs harshly when he draws back his bloodied hand.

This was not ing happening!

            “He’s already dead you stupid slave” the Overlord says impatiently. He snaps his fingers, signally his guards. They immediately surround Luna and aim their swords at her.  If Kyuhyun weren’t so intent on reviving Yesung he would’ve killed the man with his bare hands for being so inconsiderate. Had the Overlord ever really loved him?

However scared she is, Luna cannot help but keep staring at her brother as he knocks the dead prince back and forth in his arms.

‘He can’t be dead…he’s-it should be me!’ Kyuhyun frowns, his chest shuddering with each raspy breath as he tries to keep his tears at bay.

            “Change us back!” he yells toward the sky, not caring if the demand made no sense. “You’ve had your fun! Now change us back. This is not his body; he shouldn’t h-have to die it!”

Luna keeps her eyes trained on her brother, confusion and utter despair setting in as she realizes that her brother must have loved the prince, and she…she had-

But still…       “Yesung, what are you…”

Why hadn’t the spell been reversed?! Stupid magical creatures and fairy tales and their riddles! What was he supposed to do? Yesung…Yesung had always believed in fairy tales and if this mermaid was trying to give them a fairy tale solution.

True love’s first kiss…

How many ing stories had concluded with the prince kissing his princess to save her from death?

Looking down at his body’s own pale features brought on by death, Kyuhyun did not even see himself anymore, he only saw Yesung. It’s a shame that he never got to tell the other boy that he did love him.

            “But I’d say it now if it’d bring you back” he whispers, “I’ve loved you possibly for a while now. E-even after I found out you were a male” his soft laugh sounds more like a sorrowful  hiccup. “You’re smart, funny, beautiful in any gender and I’m sorry I didn’t tell you how amazing you are when you were alive and so close. I-I love you” it is easy to close the gap between their faces, and he presses his lips to Yesung’s chilled ones. It is brief but heartfelt and he does indeed cry a lot more than he thought he should when Yesung doesn’t suddenly spring back to life.

            “Well that was- pathetic” the Overlord scoffs. “Kill them all”

A sword slams into Luna’s open pal as she tries to block the first attack. Eunhyuk finds himself locked in a choke hold, the Overlord preparing to twist the fragile throat when all of a sudden the metals of the swords peel back as if they were rubber and all the knights as well the Overlord go flying into the air, landing harshly against the cold bricks of the castle walls.

            “Hi guys!” the cocky tone immediately catches Kyuhyun’s attention as he watches as Zelo smugly approaches them. He is followed by Yongguk whose eyes are a solid white. The young socerer doesn’t ask and instead Kyuhyun makes room for him so that he can easily access Yesung.

            “What- What is he doing?” Luna questions, holding her injured hand.

            “He’s saving your asses. Y’all should be happy we came to help.”

Kyuhyun doesn’t bother to answer Zelo’s arrogance, too focused on watching Yongguk as the shorter boy runs a glowing hand over Yesung’s body.

            “He hasn’t been dead for long” Yongguk comments shortly.

Kyuhyun almost rips out his hair at the word ‘dead’. He had been hoping that Yesung hadn’t been too far gone as yet.

            “What does that mean?” Luna asks.

Zelo gives her a pitying look, as if he thought she was a waste of air,

            “It means thank we showed up at the right time or els…”

            “Zelo, stop it” is all Yongguk has to say, his voice soft yet deep with authority and Zelo blushes sheepishly before quieting.

After what seems like forever but is possibly only a few minutes, Yongguk rises from his knees, Zelo moving to help his friend stand and his body providing a surface for the weakened sorcerer to balance himself on.

Kyuhyun stares intently at his body, looking for any signs of life. Suddenly, a few seconds later, the chest begins to move with each breath the body takes. Kyuhyun pulls the body into his arms once more, reaching behind it gently to check the wound, only to find a new patch of smooth skin there.

            “K-Kyuhyun?” the sleepy voices whispers causing Kyuhyun to laugh in both shock and absolute relief. He then bends his head and cries into Yesung’s shoulder like a little baby.

            “Ah! My sorcerer has returned” the Overlord staggers to his feet, his voice loud and harsh as he glares at Yongguk. “I think I just might take you with me” the gigantic man begins to approach them but has to pause in his steps as he spots a large group of people in long white robes entering the area. Zelo smiles smugly as he watches as comprehension dawns on the Overlord’s face.

They had brought most of the sorcerers from their village with them.

            “You cannot win this war” Yongguk announces.

Kyuhyun helps Yesung to his feet, placing an arm around the other boy’s waist to steady him. He joins the group in glaring at the Overlord.

The Overlord raises an eyebrow in surprise as he sees that the prince is alive.

            “My son! You are alive. Quickly, come with me!”  he smiles, but it isn’t the same anymore. Kyuhyun can see underneath it now where all the malice and dishonesty lay.

Rather than having Yesung speak, Kyuhyun holds his stance, catching the eye of the Overlord,

            “Really, ‘father’? I just saw you basically treating my death like a mere drawback to your larger plans. Was that all I ever was to you? An object to use to your advantage? WAS IT YOU BASTARD!? Why did you take me from parents!”

Despite his previous confusion as to why this slave had been addressing him as father, the Overlord catches n quickly, tying several bits of information together and comes to conclusion that these two s had somehow managed to switch places with each other. He looks back and forth between the slave and the prince.

            “Hm. So you think you’ve figured it all out, haven’t you?” the overlord snorts, “I should’ve killed you as a babe. You proved to be of no use to me whatsoever-“

Furious and not wanting to hear aymore, Kyuhyun speaks up even louder and more serious than ever before, “The day I come for you will be your last” he warns, not blinking as he and the Overlord have a staring contest.

The Overlord nods, “And I will be waiting” A cloud of smoke explodes out of nowhere.

The group covers their nose and eyes against the burn and when it finally clears, the Overlord is gone.

~~

The Overlord is gone. But his knights who were left behind are still fighting for their lives even as dusk draws near. The sorcerers have divided themselves between helping with the battle and getting all of the slaves from the dungeons. The sun declares an end to the day as it slowly begins to disappear beneath the horizon. It is a fitting conclusion to an otherwise stressful day.

Yesung is in the middle of a tearful reunion with his sister, who is crying her heart out as she keeps apologizing for killing him. She is still trying to comprehend the whole switching bodies thing but quickly recognizes Yesungs’ personality and habits as they are displayed by Kyuhyun’s body. Yesung is signaling for Eunhyuk to fetch someone called Lovelace from the bathhouse when his body suddenly goes slack and collapses sideways right into her open arms. Luna cries out in horror and she barely hears it when Eunhyuk and the others do the same for Kyuhyun.

The two boys are still sleeping soundly however none of them have moved in the last 10 minutes and by now the sorcerers have lit lanterns that illuminate the surroundings against the darkness. As for the two unconscious lads, the sorcerers claimed that they were both in a very spiritual trance and would soon awaken.

            “The mermaid’s spell has faded. Their bodies have been placed in comatose while their spirits return to their initial owner” one of the older sorcerers declares soundly.

Luna was growing more fretful by the second as she paced around them. The boys were lying side by side on a large rug that she and Eunhyuk had pulled out of the castle’s foyer. She looks down at the prince, scrubbing her hands together in unease. She had almost killed the future King! How many times had she heard the story of the baby prince who had been murdered by the overlord? To think, that the Overlord had actually taken the prince and raised him as his own. The King and Queen would throw a years’ worth of celebration in honor of their son’s return.

Her brother was in love with a prince. It wasn’t hard to figure that out after all the dramatics. Thankfully it seems that the prince more than returned her brother’s feelings as well. But how would the King and Queen respond to this relationship? Surely now that they have their son back they would want for him to marry a princess and produce an heir for the future of the Kingdom.

She sighs, studying their sleeping expressions.

They would just have to cross that bridge when they arrive in Monte F’aire. For now she would look on from the sidelines and promises herself that she would not let anyone or anything forcefully tear down the love that these two men have for each other.

Another 5 minutes pass when she notices that they were now holding hands but still fast asleep, their chest heaving slowly.

Her mind was still worrying tirelessly but her heart warmed at the sight of the two lads intimately connected hands. They found each other even while unconscious. A tap to her shoulder had her spinning around, coming face to face with Mitch, one of her comrades from the King’s castle.

            “It is you! You’re a…you’re a girl?” Mitch’s blue eyes roamed her body in what seemed to be surprise and pleasure. She isn’t wearing her tunic anymore and therefore her small but evident s are being emphasized by her tight undershirt.

Luna braces her hands on her hips, “Is this a problem?”

            “Uh…no. No, just that you lied to me and I’m supposed to be your best friend. Not to mention that I’m sort of relieved because I was beginning to develop a very inappropriate man crush on you” he grins embarrassedly, running a hand through his longer than usual blonde hair.

            “I have a boyfriend” she informs him matter-of-factly, her heart stuttering a little at the thought of being back home with G.D again. “And where the hell have you been? You were supposed to be my back-up” she stresses, her fingers moving to caress the healed wound that had been in her hand. The sorcerer’s healing ability had been a blessing.

            “I was on my way but some idiot with a bucket attacked me. The practically gave me brain damage with that thing” Mitch winces at the memory, his hand touching unconsciously at the spot on his head.

            “Sorry…” a soft whimper comes from behind them causing Luna to turn around so fast that she almost tripped over her own feet.  Yesung’s eyes were opening to sleepy slits and he appeared to be staring up at them.

            “Am I…am I me again?” he questions quietly, his right hand patting at his lower body.

Luna’s eyes brim with tears for the 5th time in the last hour. Even after all that intensive training in the King’s army she was still a crybaby. Kneeling, she cup Yesung’s chin, grinning at him,

            “Yep, you’re back to your very handsome self” Yesung grins sleepily, blinking a few times before yawning.

            “Am I still pretty too?” at the sound of the prince, Yesung’s face visibly brightens and he turns his head to face the other boy. 

He pretends to gasp in horror, “You’re still absolutely hideous”

Kyuhyun rolls his eyes and smiles happily which morphs into a full-blown grin as he and Yesung continue to stare at each other. Luna steps back, content to leave them alone.

A heavily pregnant young lady rushes past her, followed by a little girl, who Luna barely recognizes as little Suzy from their visits. Both of them are tailed by two other men.

            “YESUNG, KYUHYUN!” one of the men calls out excitedly before dropping to his knees beside Kyuhyun.

            “Look who we found!” the pregnant woman announces pointing behind Luna. Both Mitch and her turn around curiously, spotting a lazy grin from a tall limping man, who is the middle of getting a bandage wrapped around his arm.

            “Hey y” the man shouts huskily and it’s only when Yesung groans that Luna realizes that the man had not been speaking to her.

Yesung cannot help the pleased smile that fills his lips.

            “Why is everyone so happy to Siwon?” Kyuhyun asks with a pout as he takes in Lovelace, Amber and Yesung’s happy faces as they continue to look at the erted knight.

Had he missed something?

            “Don’t be such an attention hog” Amber comments offhandedly, which is followed by a squeal and then she is taking off toward through the array of people around them.

They all watch as she practically glues herself into the arms of a weary looking man, who also looks overjoyed at seeing Amber.

            “It’s her husband, I think” Donghae comments.

Siwon, who has had his wounds bandaged strides slowly over to them and Yesung sits up in order to hug the man properly.

“Ah, Yesung, you are back in your body’ Siwon says softly, his chin on Yesung’s shoulder as he closes his eyes, loving the feel of Yesung’s warm body against his.

            “The ?” Kyuhyun is hissing to Lovelace as he takes in the almost too intimate hug. Siwon overhears this and opens his eyes to find Kyuhyun glaring at him. He sends the other boy a cocky wink, pulling back slowly but promptly kissing Yesung on the cheek. Kyuhyun sounds like he’s giving birth as he practically tries to claw at Siwon’s face.

            “Leave him alone, Kyuhyun” it is Yesung’s turn to roll his eyes. Siwon is quite pleased at the fact that Yesung defended him and pokes his tongue at Yesung.

Unable to get at Siwon, Kyuhyun wraps a possessive arm around Yesung’s waist and hauls the other boy nearer to him, practically ensuring that Yesung was sitting on his lap. He gives Siwon a victorious smile even as Yesung protests stubbornly.

Luna shakes her head at the scene.

Of course Yesung didn’t have to be a girl in order to get two hot boys chasing after his heart.

~~

Luna brings around Yesung’s horse, passing several men who are preparing the 6 available carriages for the freed slaves. They were going home.

The sun was bright above them, its rays enlightening the path before them as if to signify a new era or chapter in their lives. As she examined the visible happiness and relief on most of the former slaves’ faces it was truly a brighter continuation to their lives. The residents of Belmont have all been standing, their faces pleased as they have been reunited with their families and their village is once again under the control of their rightful King who had been one of the prisoners in the dungeon.

The white bearded man had looked more like a sorrowful vagabond than the king he was supposed to be but Luna assumed that spending just a few months in a crappy dungeon with only one meal a day would not be the best luxurious setting for a king. The man had been so grateful of the freedom of his village and people that he had granted Yesung and all of the other slaves free reign of the horses from the stables and the carriages that he survived the battle. The sorcerers had all cleared out of the village at dusk, way too early in Luna’s opinion. However they all said their goodbyes the night before and promised that they would visit Monte F’aire as soon as possible. Luna had kissed Yongguk so many times on the cheek that poor boy’s face had turned into a tomato. His sassy boyfriend had had to step in and ward her off with his snappish attitude. She had just been so thankful for his presence for he had truly been a blessing to her and Kyuhyun for reviving Yesung.

When Luna brings the horse around she spots Yesung speaking to Amber, the pregnant girl and her fiancé seem to be offering up their thanks as well and Yesung seemed to be blushing fiercely at their words. When Luna approaches them, Amber greets her with a smile, while her fiancé takes the time to introduce himself. The poor lad didn’t appear to be older than 16, let alone old enough to be expecting a child or getting married. He was practically skin and bones. Luna’s sympathy rang out for all those who had been in confined to the dungeon.

            “…send us a letter when you have the baby, okay? And I get first preference as Godfather” Luna overhears Yesung saying.

            “Hm. Siwon and Hyukjae are currently fighting for that position as well but I guess you can all be godfathers”

Luna watches out of the corner of her eye as Yesung pouts, “Fine. But I get to the main one. Like seriously…” the two share a friendly laugh, hugging in a way that made it seem that they had been exchanging hugs for a while now.

            “This is their fifth one” Amber’s fiancé, Key, states, confirming Luna’s suspicions.

            “Ah, I see the pants fit” Luna says to her brother after Amber and Key leave.

Yesung looks down at himself at the baggy pants that he had borrowed from Kyuhyun.

He scratches the back of his head sheepishly,

            “Yeah. But right now it just feels so good to be wearing boy clothes again”

Luna frowns in thought as she once again finds herself taking in Yesung’s ragged skinny features.

He had lost so much weight here.

Their mother would definitely be piling more food onto his plate when they get home.

…home.

They were truly going home.

They were going to be a family again.

            “I brought you a horse” using her head she nods toward the large white stallion.

Yesung gives her a small smile; however it does not distract her from the blooming pink flush that is growing on his cheek.

            “Uh…I-I was going to ride with Kyuhyun?” he doesn’t meet her eyes and instead looks around timidly before settling is gaze toward the ground.

Luna just grins silently, leaving him to squirm under the steady watch.

~~

A tearful goodbye between Yesung, Suzy and Lovelace is the finally loose end before they all mount up their horses and align themselves at the forest entrance. They would be taking a longer route toward Monte F’aire but at least it was safer than going through the Enchanted Woods.

Yesung is riding on the back of Kyuhyun’s horse. They had fought over who got to sit in the front and after a very fliratous Siwon offered Yesung the opportunity to sit with him, Kyuhyun had declared that they would take turns.

            “You are not riding with him. We’ll just switch places every hour or so. Is that okay with you?” Kyuhyun had then huffed not waiting for an answer before turning to face forward. It had taken a complete minute before Yesung had managed to stop grinning at Kyuhyun’s jealousy. He had leaned forward and dropped a brief kiss on the back of Kyuhyun’s neck,

            “I will accept these terms…for now” this time Kyuhyun’s scoff sounds more like a repressed chuckle.

Eunhyuk and Siwon had decided to come with them to Monte F’aire.

            “We are hoping that the king would accept us as knights as well” Siwon states.

            “That sounds great. Maybe Kyuhyun could put in a good word for the two of you”

The prince makes a throaty sound, “Nope. I’m not doing them any favors. One of them lied to me for years and the other one is…well to be honest I don’t like him. So no, no special treatment for you”

Despite Kyuhyun’s words, Eunhyuk shakes his head in laughter while Yesung pretends to bop the prince on the head.

            “What do you think my parents will be like? Do you think they’d like me?” Kyuhyun mumbles to Yesung as they begin their journey through the forest.

Yesung braces his chin on Kyuhyun’s shoulder, “I’m sure they’ll both love you no matter what. I mean. You are practically a miracle for them. The son they thought had died returns. And, and as of now I can tell that you're going to be really great some day…and to me…you're pretty great right now and if I can see it, they will too" Yesung finishes his statement by blushing, and ducking his head against Kyuhyun’s bashfully.

Siwon, who was still watching quietly, tossed his head in annoyance and rode up alongside them.

"Well, I certainly don't mean to interrupt you two running off into the sunset together…but I would like to discuss our final kiss, Yesung. I mean that last one certainly did not count seeing as…”

            “What…”

Yesung rolls his eyes, “Siwon now is not the time…”

            “What…”

Siwon smirks, “I suppose we should do it in private then”

            “WHAT!? You kissed him?!” Kyuhyun hisses in disgust while glaring at Siwon in distrust.

            “It was a heat of the moment thing. He was going to die and trying to save me…” Yesung tries to explain.

            “There is no need to defend our love to this…”

            “Oh please like-“

The shorter boy waves a hand between the two of them, his mouth set in stern line to show that he was tired of their       “Shut up, the both of you”

There was a silence for all but 10 seconds before Kyuhyun declared triumphantly,

            “I’ve seen him , so ha!”

Yesung his head at Kyuhyun in confusion,

            “When-“

            “I had your body for almost a 6 hours of course I saw you !”

A smack rang out so loudly that caused Luna to slap a hand over her face in annoyance.

There was a heavy, heated discussion for most of the journey that day. This chapter in Yesung’s life had begun has an individual journey but it had ended as a one filled with love, friendship and forming a bond beyond the point of physical attraction. As they all embark toward a new goal, unsure of what the future may hold, they were pleasantly content to relish every second of the present.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Well that...you didn't even try did you?

:(

And you call yourself an author!

I was going for something like that narrator from Pokemon

{This is just the beginning of the amazing adventures of Ash and Pikachu. Their journey is destined to be pact with non-stop action, millions of laughs, heart pounding perils and endless excitement. Together they will encounter fantastic friends, evil enemies and meet creatures beyond their wildest imagination and as their story unfolds, we'll unlock the magic and mystery of the most wondrous place: the incredible world of Pokémon!}

 

tumblr_mcgu38Gqtw1r3zat8.gif

Anybody else notice that I totally disregarded Eunhae in favor of Zelo/Yongguk??

And this is it guys

I probably disappointed a lot of you with this chapter but I hope you can find it in your hearts to leave a constructive comment and not....well just say nice stuff and what I could've done to make it BETTER. As for the switching back of Kyusung's bodies I was at a loss so I just made it seem like it had a time limit :D Thank you all for SUBCRIBING, COMMENTING, DOING OTHER STUFF THAT MADE ME FEEL GOOD (You what I'm talking about *wink*) and just being AWESOME! I LOVE ALL OF YOU! 

Excuse me while I move on to not updating my other fics :/

tumblr_md00m0EyRF1qcdukj.gif

THE END

 

 

 

 

image