Chapter 42: Finally

Opposites Attract

 

================================================================================

 

 

 

Hana scratched her head in annoyance. She just couldn’t be at ease. She turned to look at the wall clock near her. 6:45. She read the time quietly. “Just when will he wake up?” She asked herself.

 

The truth is, she found it hard to sleep last night. Just how would she sleep right? She kept on thinking about what would happen when he wakes up. How would he react towards her and how would things be like. And what’s more important is if he was serious or not. He’s drunk anyways. And drunk people don’t know what they’re saying. But still, she couldn’t help but believe Chanyeol’s words.

 

“Since he said he likes me, and I like him back, doesn’t that make us a couple?” She mumbled to herself as she poured milk in her cup.

 

That’s when Kyungsoo suddenly walked towards the kitchen while massaging his temples. He’s currently suffering from a terrible headache. And he doesn’t even know why he agreed to go drinking with Chanyeol, Kai and Baekhyun. “Just why did we drink last night when we have classes today?” He asked himself as he was about to prepare his breakfast but he suddenly stopped when he saw Hana.

 

She eyed him and turned back to her cup. “..Morning.” She greeted him rather awkwardly.

 

“Why’re you so early today? You usually wake up at 12 or something. Are you going somewhere?” Kyungsoo asked her innocently. He wasn’t used to this. Seeing Hana in the morning was definitely something new to him.

 

She glared at him. “Why? Can’t I wake up early for once in my life? Is it forbidden?” She snapped at him.

 

“I was just wondering why you’re early. That’s all.” Kyungsoo explained as he prepared his milk and sat parallel to Hana. “What do you want for breakfast today?” he asked her with a smile.

 

“Anything.” She answered before looking away. Kyungsoo’s smile was really… enticing.

 

Kyungsoo nodded as he stood up and grabbed the pancake mix from the cupboard. “We’ll have pancakes today. Do you like that?” He asked her.

 

“I said anything would be okay.” Hana repeated.

 

He nodded silently as he continued making the pancakes. Hana silently watched him and she thought that it would be the best time to ask him. “Kyung, about last night, you’re serious about it right?”

 

He stopped and thought about what she said. “Last night?” He turned to her. “I can’t remember anything. Why? What happened last night?” He asked her innocently.

 

*He forgot?!* She exclaimed in her mind. Hana tried to act normally as she shook her head. “Forget it. It was nothing big anyways.” She lied. But still, her disappointment was evident in her voice.

 

 

….

 

 

At school, the moment Kyungsoo arrived, he was immediately greeted by his friends.

 

“Kyung! What happened last night?” Kai asked him eagerly.

 

“Last night?” He asked.

 

Chanyeol slung his arm on Kyungsoo’s shoulders. “Did you tell her what you have to? Did she accept you?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“What did Hana say? Is she your girlfriend now?” Baekhyun asked him.

 

“What are you talking about?” Kyungsoo asked in confusion.

 

Chanyeol held Kyungsoo by his collar. “Did you forget? You’re supposed to confess to her last night!” He sighed as he released him.“All of our efforts are wasted.”

 

“You didn’t confess?” Baekhyun asked him with a pout.

 

Kyungsoo tried to remember what happened last night. And little by little he did remember everything. He sang in the car. He ordered Hana around. He acted childishly. He called her Jung Deul. He confessed indirectly to her. And more importantly, he looked awfully stupid last night.

 

Kyungsoo covered his face with his palms in embarrassment. “Did I really do those?” He asked himself.

 

“You remember everything now? So how did Hana react?” Kai asked him.

 

“So that was why she woke up early. I think I need to go home. We need to talk. I need to talk to her.” Kyungsoo said as he grabbed his things.

 

“See? My plan worked well! He was able to tell her!” Chanyeol grinned as he bumped his shoulder with Baekhyun.

 

Kyungsoo turned to him. “This is all your fault! Confessions should be well planned! But mine was ruined!” He whined. “I’ll get back to you after this.” He threatened him with a slight glare before walking away.

 

Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol with a grin. “You were saying?”

 

“Atleast he was able to tell her!” Chanyeol defended himself.

 

 

.

 

 

At his apartment,

 

Kyungsoo hurriedly stormed inside only to find her in the sofa. She was eating. Again. *She’s always eating and yet she never gets fat. How unfair is that?* He thought as he shook his head a little.

 

Hana stood up and went to him. “You’re early today. Are your classes cancelled?” She asked him.

 

Kyungsoo breathed deeply as he held her arm. “I already remembered what happened last night.” He told her.

 

Hana looked at him and gave him a small nod. “Really?”Unsure of what to say.

 

Kyungsoo nodded as he smiled awkwardly. “I know that might be the worst confession ever. But.. I really mean it.” His grip on her arm tightened as he spoke. “I love you. I really do.”

 

And finally, he was able to tell her how he really feels. And his only problem now is her answer.

 

“What about you? Do you feel the same way? Do you love me too?” He asked her eagerly.

 

Hana smiled as she nodded. “Yes. I love you too.” She whispered shyly.

 

Due to his delight, Kyungsoo hugged her as tight as he could. “You’re not joking right?” he asked her.

 

“I’m not.” Hana pouted.

 

Kyungsoo released her from his hug and stared at her. He still couldn’t believe that Hana loves him back. The girl he loves also feels the same way for him. He never thought that it would happen. Dreams really do come true. And Hana is a living proof for that.

 

“Why’re you staring at me like that?” Hana asked as she blushed. He had been staring at her for a while now.

 

Kyungsoo just smiled. “This is the part wherein, we’re supposed to kiss.” He jokingly told her.

 

Hana leaned towards him and gave him a peck on the lips. “There.” She mumbled shyly as she backed away.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. He was surprised after all. *She’s really unpredictable* He smiled as he shook his head. “Not like that.” He told her as he closed the gap between them, held her chin and lifted it a bit.

 

“Like this.”He mumbled as he gently brushed his lips against hers. And started kissing her passionately. Everything was perfect. The two of them. Their hearts beating as one. The timing. Everything was in place.

 

 

And in that moment, they both wished for time to stop.

 

=================================================================================

 

^^