The Brook

The Brook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

....................................................................................................

 

 

 

 

Dear Diary,

 

 

 

“Now THIS is what you call beauty!!”

 

 

 

I swerved round to see who the owner of that unfamiliar voice was. Yes, that VOICE.

 

 

 

I don’t think I shall ever be able to forget it. I don’t know WHY I feel that way though, because I’m sure I must have heard several men having that tone. Yet, in its similarity to those voices, THIS one was quite different. It had this strange pitch and depth at the same time that I had never come across before. It was unique. Made you think of an immense yet calm forest scene being penetrated by this small meandering brook, which wound its way over rocks, boulders and pebbles. The brook, that played hide-and-seek among the beautiful greenery that you behold. You must be thinking that I’m looney or barking mad, to have such a long train of thoughts pass my mind just from a single sentence uttered by an unfamiliar voice. That unfamiliar voice, whose owner I had never even seen before. But this world has its fair share of looney people and I’m not ashamed to admit that I am one too.

 

 

 

But, truth be told, I wasn’t quite imagining that brook, nor the forest. Did I fool you?

 

 

 

I had decided to go camping with several friends to a nearby forest-mountain setting. I usually don’t do such trips. Not with my “always professional-no time for fun” attitude. Though in reality, I was an individual with quite a different personality. But this is not about me. I started off with something else, so I will try not to deviate. Hmm, or maybe I will?

 

 

 

And so, to continue with this camping trip that I had been to. We had decided to do the usual merry-making that people do on such trips. You know, like exploring the forest. Maybe go fishing on a nearby lake and other such relaxing activities. I wanted to spend some time by myself. Somehow, I feel suffocated among a crowd of people at times and I feel like I NEED to listen to SILENCE for a change.

 

 

 

As cocky as “listening to SILENCE” sounds, the irony is that I’m one who’s afraid of being left alone. Funny? Yes, I know I’m wierd. Ah, but WHY am I deviating so much today? So anyway, I felt suffocated that time and I wanted some space, so I sneaked out from our camping area. I walked for almost two hours but I didn’t feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter