Jun-pon

Sunshine Day Care

Halfway through the year, right around Christmastime, Minako-sensei started doing various crafts and started bringing in lots of movies like 'Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer' and 'Frosty the Snowman'. Everybody loved Frosty the best, so that was what they watched more. Kazunari started to lay his head on Satoshi's shoulder during movie time if he was tired, and Sho and Masaki liked to sit together too with their arms around each others shoulders. 

On one such day during Frosty, Sho heard someone walk into the room and he turned and saw a woman and a little boy and girl walk in with Ninomiya-sensei. Sho remembered when he came with his mama to look around first, and Sho thought that maybe that's what they're doing. The little boy seemed shy and nervous to be there, but once he saw Sho he hid behind his mother's leg. 

A minute later, they left, and Sho went back to the movie.

The next day, the new boy was there when the class started that morning. "Sho, Masaki, Kazu, Satoshi, this is Jun," Minako-sensei introduced. "Can you be his friend and be nice to him?"

Sho nodded and held out his hand. Jun took it and shook it before nodding himself. 

Immediately, they could all tell that Jun didn't talk as much as the rest of them. Even Satoshi had begun talking a little bit, but while the other three could talk for a long time, Jun didn't really seem to talk at all. He did like to follow Sho around his first day though. That was how he was introduced to the Drama area. 

"My baby," Sho told him showing him the baby doll. Jun moved to take it from him, but Sho just held it close. "No, it's mine."

Jun saw a small baby brush and grabbed it before handing it to Sho. Sho looked at it before he took it and sat down at the small table and chairs that was there. He took the baby and started to brush the hair when he saw Jun sit across from him. "Can I do it?" Jun asked. 

Sho looked at him, but handed the brush to Jun, who then came over to Sho and started brushing the baby's hair until it was smooth. Then after he was done, he went over and started combing Sho's hair. Sho looked up at him surprised. "Mama does it," Jun answered. 

"Me too," Sho said before he went back to feeding the baby some plastic pie. 

While Sho found a way to make Jun talk, Masaki found a way to make him laugh. They loved to play together with the plastic animals and bugs, but one of the things he absolutely did not like to be around was Masaki's plastic frog. "Frog eat bug!" Masaki told him one day when Jun took the bugs away. Then, when Jun shyed away even more, Masaki would drop his frog and start tickling Jun, who he knew was really ticklish. Jun would laugh hysterically, and the first time it happened Minako-sensei thought he was screaming. Then after that, she would laugh along with the two silly boys.

Kazunari played with him too, but mostly when they were outside playing. One of their favorite games was tag and they would often go back and forth for an entire hour chasing each other. Then when they weren't playing tag, they were on the swing together. If Jun fell off, Kazunari would just look at him, but if Kazunari fell off, Jun would laugh at him which then would make Kazunari laugh. 

Satoshi liked him too, but he was a little more kinder to him. During snack time, if he didn't want his snack, he would very carefully split it in half between Kazunari and Jun. Kazunari took it happily, while Jun would bow slightly before taking it. And during craft time (which was one of Satoshi's favorite times of the day), he would often make his crafts for either Kazunari or Jun. Matsumoto Mama just found every single one of the boys absolutely adorable. 

"It's the last day before Christmas!" Minako-sensei told everyone. "Are you excited about Christmas?"

Hardly anyone knew what Christmas was, or why they had to be excited about it. But if they got to watch 'Frosty the Snowman' during this 'Christmastime', then they didn't ask. 

When it was time for parents to come pick up their children, Jun was the first to leave. Immediately, the four boys followed him at the door. "Jun-pon!" Matsumoto Mama said. "Your friends are saying bye-bye. Can you say bye-bye to your friends?"

Jun smiled then looked at his friends, who smiled back. "Bye-bye!" he waved.

Everyone waved back. "Merry Christmas!" Satoshi and Sho replied back.

"Bye-bye!" Masaki and Kazunari cried as he left. 

One by one, each boy left, each saying a happy 'bye-bye!' and 'Merry Christmas!' As Satoshi left, Kazunari gave him a hug before he left. Then, Ninomiya-sensei held her son up to watch his best friend leave in the cold snow. "Are you gonna miss your friends, Kazu?" Ninomiya Mama asked.

Kazunari nodded. "Yeah."

"After Christmas," Ninomiya Mama smiled. "I promise you'll get to see them again. Can you smile for me, please?"

Kazunari didn't want to. Instead, he kept his frown and lay his head down on his mother's shoulder. She promised, he thought. Christmas better end soon. 

 

===================================================================================================================

 

chapter three is up!! tell me what you guys think!! i'm really liking this story! ^.^ its cute to write!!!