Meeting

One Year Later

 

     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_3UxIlohJU 

 

   She felt a raindrop on her head and so did he. A couple of moments later it began to rain, but they were frozen in their spot, unable to move, and with their eyes locked on each other.

 

    “She looks more beautiful than before,” Onew thought.

    “Same old Onew. Getting more and more handsome as the days pass,” Jessica thought.

 

   Suddenly Onew started to walk towards Jessica. As he walked, Jessica noticed how much he’s changed over the one year they’ve spent away from each other. She took note that he had grown a couple of inches and was more muscular.

   At first, Onew didn’t realize himself walking towards Jessica. It was as if gravity was pulling him towards her. As he walked he realized that she lost weight and she looked more mature.

 

    “Let’s find a place to dry off” Onew spoke as he put his jacket over her head. Only then did she realize it had been raining.

Oh.. Yes” Jessica spoke quietly. She took the jacket from his hands and covered herself. “Thanks.”

You’re welcome” he replied while he cleared his throat.

 

   They walked to the nearest restaurant that was open. As she walked through the door she heard a bell jingle and sent her back to her memories of her past year.


*Flashback*

She sighed.

    “Another day has passed by,” she said while she crossed out the number on her calendar. It felt like I’ve been living a dream for a long time. No, a nightmare.


 

*Present Day*

   ‘Should I go back to him? I really miss him, but… no. He probably has someone new. He should have forgotten me by now. So why can’t I forget him? How has your one year been?’ She thought silently while taking a sip of her coffee.

 

*Flashback*

   “Get up, go to work, and come back home,” Onew said to himself. “I feel like I’m nothing.. I’ve been living like this for a while; having to forget you. For awhile, I was doing fine but as time pass by. I realized that I am nothing without you... Jessica.

 

*Present Day*

 

   ‘At that time if were mature… If we knew that this would happen.. Would we have changed it? I have so much regrets right now, but I’ve kept them hidden. One year has passed like that,’ Onew thought to himself while drinking his coffee.

   

Could.. I mean, how have you been?” asked Jessica. ‘Could your feelings be the same as mine?’ was what she wanted to ask. Oh how much she wanted to ask him that.

Will.. Umm.. Same old routine. Wake up, go to work –survive-, and go home,” he replied. “And yours?” ‘Will you give me another chance?’ was what he wanted to say.

 

   She was the person he loved and loved again and he was the person she loved and loved again. They also knew all too well that they can never be apart from each other. How they wished to go back to their first days. When they first met.. When they had their first (and world’s most) awkward date.. And when he first shyly kissed her. They didn’t mind. They just wished to go back to those happy, beautiful, and loving days. The vain arguments they had and screaming and yelling at each other; couldn’t we just forget about it and bury it?

   After they finished their coffee and an awkward attempt of small talk, Jessica stood up from her seat.

    “I.. I have to go.

    “Ohh.. Yes. I’ll walk you.


   As much as she wanted to stay, she had to leave. She loves Onew so much that she was actually considering of asking him to take her back, but she knew it was impossible. After all he was the one that broke it off.

   He felt relieved at her words, yet sad at the same time. Seeing her, being next to her, was all that took for him to be truly happy, but seeing her made him filed with regrets and he had hated that feeling. He was so close to ask her if she would take him back, but knew that it was useless. The way he yelled at her that day, she would never take him back.
  

   They both walked outside and Onew called a cab. A couple minutes later a cab arrived.


    “Thanks,” she replied with a smile. She hung her head so he couldn’t see her eyes. She was about to cry.

    “It was really nice seeing you… really and I sort of missed you.

    “Same,” was all he could say at that moment. He smiled, trying his very best to hold back his tears.

    “Well… I guess this is goodbye.

    “Goodbye and take care.

    “I will and you too. Goodbye… Onew.

    “Goodbye Jessica.

 

   And with that he closed the cab door and it drove away. That was when a tear escaped from the both of their eyes. It was so hard for him to see the cab drive away and it was hard for her to not turn around and see him one last time. But they both knew that no matter how many seasons pass and how many years go by, they hope that they won’t meet like they did today.