Chapter 1: Sungjong

Yakisoba

Sungjong woke up to Sunggyu's irritating 'wake up' song. As expected, he found his older brother sitting on his bed with his right hand on his own stomach. Upon realizing Sungjong's waking up, Sunggyu smirked and and put his left hand on Sungjong's cheek, much to the younger's annoyance.

'I'm awake already!! Hyung, please stop it!!'

Sunggyu grinned and kept singing even louder while walking to the middle of the room. He closed his eyes and lifted his arms as if he is on a stage.

'Wake up now Sungjong~ Wake up~ And you better beready in 10 minutes or I will leave you~ ouch!' He stopped only when Sungjong threw his pig cushion to him.

'Tsk, don't you feel bad for Piggy?' Sungjong snorted. 'Anyway I'll see you in 10 minutes downstairs.' Sunggyu continued, 'I don't know how will you wake up after I left.' Sunggyu ruffled Sungjong's hair then went downstairs for breakfast.

Right, that day was Sunggyu and Dongwoo's last day in town, the reason why seven of them are having a city tour (by Sungyeol, Sungjong hopes Woohyun take a part in the planning too) before sending them off to the train station. Eunmi, Sunggyu's mother, was unexpectedly nothing but calm and supportive about his leaving, Sungjong guessed she had been preparing herself since the beginning of Sunggyu's final year in high school. On the other hand, Sungjong's dad seemed really sad, Sungjong can't blame him, in this house, Sunggyu is the only one who shared his enthusiasm in baseball. If Sungjong didn't know better, he'd say his dad had married Eunmi just to become Sunggyu's dad.

Sungjong honestly can't really remember when he first met Sunggyu and Eunmi, they had been his brother and mother for as long as he can remember and even though they are not blood related, Sungjong and Eunmi are pretty similar in demeanor and appearance.

Sungjong dragged himself to bathroom and took a quick shower. When he went downstairs, he found his dad talking about one of their favorite teams with Sunggyu (Sungjong had tried to remember the names, but there were just too many of them) while his mom preparing the breakfast. He felt bad because he woke up late and didn't help her like usual, but last night was crazy, they went to at least four different karaoke bars and bars. Their parents were so going to kill them if they know what they had done.

Sungjong went to the kitchen and helped Eunmi in the preparation. 'Morning,' Sungjong greeted Eunmi with a tired smile, she smiled back at him, 'morning sweetie, did you have fun last night?'

'yes,' Sungjong grinned, 'we made this bet and Sungyeol finally talked to that girl he's been crushing since last year, he was so awkward, but she agreed to have a date with him. he is so owing us all.'

What he didn't tell her is even though he knew that the older boy never thought of him in that way, he is still disappointed when he found out that Sungyeol likes someone else and now going to have a date with her.

Eunmi noticed the changes in his eyes, she ruffled his hair and kissed his forehead, 'don't worry Sungjong, you'll found someone. Now go and sit with your dad and brother, I almost finish here.'

Sungjong stared at her in surprised, he always forgets how good Eunmi is at reading him. 

'This is unfair.'

Eunmi just smiled at him, he smiled back and kissed her before joining his father and brother at the dining table.