I Can't Really Help It

Kleptomaniac

Hey guys, it's me, Ninjin again! I really hope you enjoy this story. It came to me whilst laying infront of a heater. Who knows how, heat=stealing? oh well, bon appetite!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thoughts in grey.

 

Hey, I'm Hani. I live at home with my mum and older brother Youngjae. Dad died a few months before I was born, so I don't have one. But Youngjae makes up for that, he's in year 12, and he treats me like his daughter. Even though I'm not always the best. You see, I'm a kleptomaniac. I steal things. I can't really help it, it's just second nature. All my life, my brother had been saying 'if you steal one more thing, I'm sending you to work with BAP'. If you're wondering, BAP is the singing group my brother is in. So anyway, on with the story.

20 June 2012

"Hani, did you..."

"No~ of course not. Why would you think that?"

"How could you! That's it, you know what's coming, don't you?"

I was trembling.

"Please. Please, NO!"

Wait a second, you probably don't understand what this is about. Let' go back about 7 months~

 

25 December 2011

"Okay Hani. Do you know what this is?" Youngjae asked me, holding up a big jar with a few dollars in the bottom. I shook my head.

"This is the money I'm saving up for university. Do. Not. Touch. It."

 

Back to the present 2012

 

I was trembling.

"Please. Please, NO!" I didn't mean to. How did he find out, anyway? Oh wait, empty jar...

"Yes. I'm taking you with me tomorrow when I go to stay with BAP." I hate those guys!

I grabbed onto his sleeve and gave my puppy eyes my all. He hesitated, but shook me off.

"Go now. Pack your things, I'll tell mum. But you'll still have to go to school, I'll teach you how to get there from our place."

And with that, I was shooed upstairs. I slowly packed my bag. I knew how long he was going to make me stay. probably around 2 months, maybe more. I shoved five of my favourite shirts into my bag, and threw three pairs of jeans and two pairs of shorts. I chucked in some high heels, runners, underwear, and a photo of me and my friend from school, Taemin. He's in a group called SHINee. He's so cute :3

"Hani, you ready yet? I called the guys, they said that you're allowed, and that we can go today instead of tomorrow." Youngjae called through the door.

"Yeah." I yelled back and zipped up my bag. Before I knew it, I was in the car to Seoul. Yeah, I live in Suwon. It didn't take as long as I had expected to get into the city, but I think I dozed off for about half an hour, so... does that count? As soon as we got into the city, I was amazed. The buildings were huge, and there were adds about B.A.P everywhere, announcing TS's new group. Haha, those photos do not do you boys justice. SM's posters of Taemin look better.

We drove for another 20 minutes until we arrived outside a big building. The windows were borded up and the doors looked as though they were about to fall off their hinges.

"Where are we?" I asked.

Youngjae turned to me with a smile on his face, "Home."