Chapter 3

Dark Knight

Donghae was still quite shocked as he helped a grimacing Sunye to her feet. They stood there staring at each other in tense silence for a few moments until Donghae finally spoke up quietly: “What are you doing out this late?” Sunye gazed into his eyes meaningfully and said simply, “I was trying to figure out where you lived since I wanted to go visit you. I wanted to see you. We are going out so I figured I should drop by for some…alone time.” Donghae groaned inwardly- clearly, there was still a huge misunderstanding to be sorted out.

 

Sunye could tell from the look on his face that he was about to deliver her some unpleasant news and started to feel the uncomfortable feeling of desperation and fear of the worst. She then said, “Donghae-oppa…I wasn’t lying today when I said that I’ve always really liked you. Despite all the other boys that craved for my affection, it was only all for you. Ever since we entered the same high school and I met you. All I’ve ever wanted was for you to look at me just like you look at that Im girl…” Sunye practically spat out the last few words and then started to mumble to herself. Donghae stood there in surprise and confusion and couldn’t really hear what she was saying to herself, but managed to catch a bit of her words: “…I knew I wouldn’t have much time since she told me she liked him, why didn’t I hurry up and-…”

 

Donghae’s eyes widened in shock and he grabbed Sunye by her shoulders and said, tinges of anger hinting in his voice, “Wait a second…she told you? She told you she liked me…and you just went ahead and tried to get me to go out with you?! I thought you two were friends!” Nearly shouting now, he unintentionally tightened his grip on her shoulders and Sunye cried out in pain and fear. Gaining control of himself, Donghae let go of her and mumbled an apology. Sunye took the moment to snap back at him, “So what?! We weren’t close friends. And all she would talk about was you. All the time it was ‘Donghae-oppa this’ and ‘Donghae-oppa that’ and ‘I really wish Donghae-oppa liked me.’ It was so painful all the time to put up with it, when I…like you so…much…please…” At this, Sunye could hold it in no longer and a huge lump formed in and she was on the brink of tears.

 

All the while he stood there in stunned silence, awkward and uncomfortable around the girl who was close to breaking down. However, it made his decision all the more clearer. He sighed and looked her in her dark brown eyes. “Sunye-ssi…you are a really pretty girl. And…it’s actually really flattering that your affection is for me. But…I’m not the right guy for you. I really don’t think of you that way…the only one I love…the only one I really love…is…Yoona. Im Yoona. So…go find another boy. Someone who will indefinitely return your affections and make you so much happier than I ever will. I’m sorry…” There was a moment of uncomfortable silence and Sunye would not look him in the eye. Donghae then sighed and turned to walk away.

 

“If that’s so…then you better hurry up and go look for her. The one you love the most.” He turned back around in surprise to see her staring at him, a look of resignation on her face. “You’re looking for Yoona aren’t you? You better hurry then. Unless my eyes were playing tricks on me, I think I saw Taecyeon following her- no, maybe chasing her into the darker recesses of that neighborhood over there.” Donghae’s eyes widened and he started to go off in a rant of cursing. It had been no secret to him that Taecyeon had been totally lusting after Yoona and it had always drove him crazy. If he did anything to his Yoong…that piece of scum was going to pay. He started to run off into the neighborhood when he suddenly stopped. He turned around and faced Sunye and gave her a small smile. “Thank you…Sunye-ssi.” Sunye felt her heart flutter a bit, knowing she did something right and smiled back at him and watched as he ran off into the dark.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rain kept coming down and it was starting to get even harder to see in front of her. Yoona was dying to stop and catch her breath but knew she couldn’t risk that for fear of that drunken ert catching up to her. She had no idea of where she was and she was now desperately afraid. Flashes of what had happened previously kept replaying in her mind:

 

When Taecyeon was merely inches away from stealing a kiss from her lips, Yoona felt indignation well up inside her and she lifted her hand up and gave him a hard slap across the face. “What the hell do you think you’re doing, drunken bastard,” she spat angrily in his face. One second later, she realized that she had made an awful mistake as she misjudged how intoxicated and how strong he was. Taecyeon pushed her roughly into the wall, leaned in and slurred, irritated, “Damn , you’re mine tonight.” Her blood starting to race, Yoona quickly pushed him off and warned, her voice shaking, “St-Stay away from me…” When he kept on advancing, she ran straight out the door, him following close behind.

 

So engrossed she was in other thoughts, she failed to notice a hand reach out and by the time she did, it was too late. Taecyeon grabbed her skirt and forcefully yanked her to the ground and Yoona squeaked in fear and pain as she slipped and fell on the soaking ground. This is not good…I think we’re in a back alley… Yoona’s mind was racing but her fear increased when Taecyeon knelt right over her and pinned down her arms. She could feel his hot, alcohol-smelling breath hitting her face. “Now the fun begins, girl…” Her eyes widened in absolute fear and panic and she pleaded, trying to wriggle out of Taecyeon’s strong grip, “N-No…get off me. Taecyeon, please, stop it. I don’t want this…”

 

“Lying ,” Taecyeon snarled, his hand forcefully yanking open her school uniform shirt, the buttons bursting open to reveal Yoona’s undergarments. “You know you want this. Since that bastard dreamy boy won’t do this to you, I’m your only other option.” When his hands started to her s, Yoona started to scream and desperately tried to knee him down there. She just narrowly missed and Taecyeon, now agitated, slapped her so hard across the face she saw stars and her mind went blank and she stopped struggling for a few moments. This gave him enough time to strip down her skirt and finger her underwear. “Scream all you want,” he hissed. “No one will hear you or care.”

 

Yoona began to scream even louder when he yanked her legs apart and pinned them down with his knees and when he leaned down, she felt something embarrassingly hard touch her thigh. Annihilating fear and panic coursed like wildfire through her and things started to look bleak when nobody seemed to show up to stop him from his monstrous act. She desperately thought of Donghae and her day and how everything went horridly wrong and how everything was just about to get worse. His smiling face kept popping up in her brain and she kept screaming: “SOMEBODY!!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!!”

 

Just when Yoona heard Taecyeon his trousers and she shut her eyes tightly, preparing for the worst, she heard a large crashing sound and what sounded like someone getting punched in the jaw really, really hard. She opened her eyes and to her absolute shock, Taecyeon was not kneeling over her anymore but instead being held up by someone by his collar and groaning in pain, his nose and mouth bleeding. And the person who was holding up Taecyeon, fists clenched together and with a murderous look in his eyes was the savior she had been praying for through her whole ordeal. Donghae… she thought, unable to see much through the haze of rain and tears.