One To Remeber

Family Night

Taemin opened the door of his shared dorm, at the sound of its accompanying bell, with much delight. The excitement started to build up from the thought of being able to spend some quality time with his new girlfriend. Of course he was happy to see the others, but, the excitement was mostly for his girlfriend.

The moment the door swung open, the air was filled with friendly greetings from the girls and boys that arranged this night. After greeting each other in a friendly manor, some of the girls went over to their respectful boyfriends and gave them a little more than just a friendly greeting.

As Sophie came into sight, Taemin walked over and wrapped her up in his thin arms. They shared an innocent kiss and were completely alright with that. A smile spread across both of their young faces.

Although Taemin and Sophie's greetings were cute and innocent, some were a little more heated, yet remained PG. And some, well, were just slightly awkward. Like Josephine's and Onew's that most of the other occupants of the room caught out of the corner of their eye.

They gave each other a friendly hug, but it always seemed to last a little longer than most 'friendly hugs' and sometimes it showed that neither really ever wanted to let go. Thus resulting in a slightly awkward after affect of said hug. But, the feeling was soon brushed off as the dorm began to fill with the newly arrived girls and the party (as some would call it) really got started.

As slight conversation and mingling was heard throughout the living space, everyone got comfortable and took a seat on the living room floor. Creating a large circle where everyone could be seen at every angle. Once the group was gathered and seated, the voices slowly faded away as it was time to formally start this evening event.

"Alright," Onew clapped his hands to get the large groups attention. "It's time officially start our 3d annual SHINee and Triple Threat idol-family night." Crystal clapped and cheered at the announcement and everyone looked at her, confused by her sudden reaction to the simple sentence.

"What? I'm not allowed to be excited that we're all together as one big family, having some fun times together?" She asked with an over exaggerated pout.

"Ani, your right yeobo, we should be happy to be here all together. I'm sure most idol groups don't get together like this." Key reasoned with his girlfriend.

"Yay!!! Let's all be really excited!!" she exclaimed and clapped her hands rapidly in over joy. Some still confused by Crystal's sudden mood swings and over exaggerated movements.

"Oh no..." Camille grumbled. Putting her head in her hands. It seemed by that statement, whatever it was, finally clicked with the other girls as well and they all had similar reactions. Besides Crystal of course. She seemed to be completely oblivious to her band mates' downcast moods.

"What's wrong Camille?" Minho asked, concerned. 

"We're screwed." Sophie said after.

"What? Why?" Taemin followed suit, very confused.

"We think she..." Sophie started

"Had an energy drink." and Camille finished.

"An energy drink? What's so bad about that?" Jonghyun asked, surprised by the answer and expecting something a little worse.

"Well you see, Crystal doesn't really react well to energy drinks..." Josephine replied.

"She gets all crazy and doesn't really act herself, like, at all. It's almost like she's on drugs or something." Sophie finished. (A/N DON'T DO DRUGS PEOPLE! or energy drinks, they're both bad for you...)

"Really?" Key asked the girls, then turned to look at his oblivious girlfriends that seemed to have her head up in the clouds.

"We're not saying she'll do anything bad, per say, but it will certainly make for an interesting evening..." Josephine explained.

"Well, it'll be interesting to see what she'll comes up with..." Jonghyun commented. With a slightly apprehensive shrug, the night continued and the game got started.

---------------------------------------

Many truths and many dares were played, some more ridiculous than others but entertaining none the less. Everyone seemed to have a fair share in the game from coming up with the truths and/or dares, and playing them as well.

Although it had been a while since the game had started, the energy drink didn't seem to were off when Crystal's turn came around, because you could tell she had something outrageous coming up. And to be honest, some were a little afraid of what was going to come out of .

With a slightly evil, yet playful smirk gracing her lips, she looked around the circle of idols and carefully chose her victim. With narrowed eyes filled with determination, she landed on the perfect person to pick for her next turn.

"Josephine." she said seriously. Said girl gulped in slight fear because this alternate Crystal was quite unpredictable.

"Truth; or Dare." the girls' group leader asked her very own macknae.

"Truth..." Josephine replied almost instantly. She wasn't one for truth normally, and throughout the night, she picked Dare over Truth many times, but she decided to go on the safe side of this situation.

Crystal's smirk turned into a grin as if she had a plan and everything was falling into place without a hitch. With a defiant smile gracing her lips and a near death stare pointing towards Josephine, she asked the question that was on her mind, waiting all night to finally ask it.

 Knowing the answer already, this was probably really mean of her to be doing this but, despite her frazzled mind from the drink, she still had some ounce of common sense left in her to know what she was doing and what the reaction would be to this later on.

"Do you like Onew?" she finally said. Josephine's cheeks turned bright within the second, and the boy's followed close behind.

"N-No. I mean, of course I like him as a friend, but, nothing...more than...that..." she replied, her sentence finishing off slowly and distant as she lowered her head from further embarrassment, knowing full well that her answer wasn't true. She just couldn't admit it so soon and in front of everyone on top of that. And that would make the situation more awkward than it already was, so she refrained from confessing her true feelings.  

Crystal nodded knowingly in response still with a smirk, satisfied with what she'd done. Phase two of her 'plan' she figured was soon to be initiated. All she had to do know was wait.

"Josephine, it's your turn." Sophie reminded the young girl.

"Oh, right." she said with a sheepish grin, her cheeks turning back to its originally pale color just the slightest.

"Um... Taemin, Truth or Dare..."

 

------------------------------------------

 

After a few more rounds of the selected game for the night, the idols took a break for food and drinks, taking the chance to talk with some they didn't have a chance to during the game. As the friends mingled amongst each other, Josephine was pulled off to the side by none other than Onew.

Although initially dumbfounded by the action, she silently wished he'd do that so she'd have a chance to explain what really happened during the game because both knew that whatever words were uttered during those few minutes, weren't the truth in the slightest.

"C-can we talk...?" He asked nervously. This is the time. This is the night. I'm going to do this. He mentally encouraged himself.

"Yeah....Sure." Josephine replied shyly. He then proceeded to lightly grab her hand and lead her down the hall. Eventually coming to a stop at the small balcony the boys had attached to their dorm.

Back inside the living room, a smirk quickly found its way onto Crystal's lips as she noticed out of the corner of her eye, Josephine and Onew walking away. Phase two of the 'plan', initiated.

"What's up Crystal?" Key asked as he noticed his girlfriend's satisfied expression.

"Oh nothing~" she sang and returned back into the conversation she had been previously in.

As Onew slid the door open and stepped out with Josephine close behind, the breath taking view came into sight. The balcony over looked the beautiful city of Seoul, with the street and tall building lights giving a sparkle to the orange glow of the once blue sky. The breeze gave small movement to their hair and the scene was picture perfect.

Both people took a moment to enjoy the gorgeous view in front of them. While looking out into the sunset, Josephine noticed that Onew still hadn't let go of her hand once they had arrived. But she didn't say anything in fear that he might realized and let go, which is something that she didn't want to happen.

As moments passed by, Onew mustered up as much courage as he could and finally turned towards the girl. Sensing the movement, Josephine turned to look back at the boy as well. They stared into each other eyes for a moment, before Josephine spoke up.

"Onew, about the game earlier-"

"It's alright. I know what you said.."

"It wasn't true. I mean, it's true that I like you as a friend, but about the other part... I guess what I'm trying to say is..."

Before Josephine could finish her thought, Onew bent down and kissed her lips. Something he'd been wanting for so, so long.

After getting over the initial shock, Josephine began to kiss back and her brown eyes fluttered closed as she relished in Onew's touch. Their lips meeting softly at first, but slowly growing more and more passionate as time went on.

Josephine's hands crept slowly up the boy's body, her pale hands stopping, and fitting perfectly around his circular face. Onew's arms took no time to make themselves comfortable around the girl's waist and lower back.

As their bodies were held close together and connected by their lips, neither could help but feel complete after such a long wait for this precious moment. Both broke apart with a gasp, trying to regain lost oxygen; although keeping their bodies close, and their faces closer, with just enough room to breathe.

"I like you too." Onew mumbled, just loud enough for Josephine to hear. A smile spread across her face, causing another to paint itself onto Onew's.

They leaned in the slightest, causing their foreheads to touch as they used that for support while they still tried to steady their breathing.

"So...what now..." Josephine asked.

"Well, I guess we should head inside, the gang must be wondering where we are..."

"Do we have to~?" Josephine whined and added a cutesy pout for affect. Onew chuckled in response, the loud vibration sending chills down Josephine's spine.  

"We have to eventually. We can't just stand here for eternity."

"Well, if it means I get to be with you, I don't really care." and with that, Onew leaned in for another kiss. This one far more passionate in the beginning then the last one.

Once they broke apart again, although neither really wanting too, they agreed that it was best to go back inside. The sun was now gone and it was dark, thus bringing the temperature down, making it cold without a sweater or a blanket.

Onew opened the sliding door once more and closed it just a moment later. They walked down the dark hallway, hand in hand, proceeding towards the light from the living room and attached kitchen. When the light hit them at the end of the hallway, no explanation was needed for the other members of both groups to understand what had happened.

Hugs went around in congratulations for the new couple and the night soon resumed. As the game went on, more laughs were heard and more craziness was spread around as the whole group ended up bent in half from laughter at one point for one's ridiculous dare.

 

----------------------------------

 

With a kiss goodbye from the other's partner, and hugs from their friends, the two groups had separated when the girls returned home after a night of partying and romance. It was late at night so all five walked down the hall in silence as to not disturb the other idols that inhabited the small apartment complex. But one thing couldn't escape Josephine's busy mind: This was certainly, the best family night ever.

 

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole energy drink thing is kind of an inside joke taken to the extreme so I tried to make it work in the story as much as I could but sorry if it didn't work out to well  >.<  I tried my best at this and sorry it took so long... going to go sulk in a corner now OTL

As for the balcony scene at the end of the story, the sky was looking like the background picture. I know it's not Seoul exactly but you get the point right?

 

hoped you somewhat enjoyed it and thanks for at least taking the time to read <3