Chapter 1

Heroes of My World

 

The sky was clear and the sun was shining brightly, giving its warmth to the inhabitants of the peaceful kingdom. The birds were chirping happily, perching on top of trees. The melody of their song brought joy to the heart belonging to a most beautiful maiden whose beauty was unrivalled in the kingdom.

Your hair was black as the night. Your lips were luscious and red. Your skin was fair and smooth and delicate. You were simply the epitome of beauty. Your beauty enchanted the men around you. You were a walking masterpiece. God’s gift to the peaceful kingdom of Chara.

Nevertheless, you were an unattainable treasure. Your purpose of survival was the main reason. You were a maiden, a priestess to one of the oldest and most ancient cult in the kingdom. Your fate was sealed the very day you were born. You were betrothed to a man you had never seen nor did your parents had.

As you were still admiring the scenery, a woman dressed in white robe approached you and bowed.

“Your Highness, The Great Mother wishes to have an audience with you.” The woman informed.

You nodded your head in acknowledgement. The woman scurried away as of not to disturb you, the princess any longer. You were a princess to the kingdom aside from being the priestess. You were the sole heiress to the throne of the kingdom. It was not something you were fond of. All the attentions were not something you really wanted. Not to mention the fact that many of the nobles wanted you death.

You stood up from the chair where you were seated and immediately made your way to the chamber where the Great Mother resided.

***

You knocked on the mahogany door of the Great Mother’s office. The said woman was an extremely powerful enchantress that rumor had it that she was actually an angel herself.

“Come in” a voice from inside the room invited.

Without further delay, you turned the doorknob and immediately sat on a comfortable sofa inside of the office. The room was dusty and old. Books and scrolls throughout the ages were arranged neatly on the bookshelves. The knowledge was priceless and you knew it as the books held the mysteries and secrets of their nation.

You bit your lip in nervousness. You were wondering why were you summoned in the first place. To be honest, you were a mischievious girl. Often you were punished for your unladylike actions during your younger days but after years in the monastery, you had changed for the better. A true princess as they said.

The Great Mother heaved a sigh.

“I heard that a delegation from the Kingdom of Typhon was invited to your place. Was it true?”

“Yes, my lady” You nodded your head . The delegation was not someone that you like, in fact, you detested him. He was a ert and many times he had tried to hit on you. His face was hideous and he reeks. A lot. He was the most disgusting you’ve ever seen. But he was your father’s guest. There was nothing you could do but welcome him in your hospitable palace. You hoped that his business in your land would be done and over with sooner so that you wouldn’t have to see him ever again, possibly.

“I’ve a bad feeling of their presence. I believe that you should try to convince your father of these hideous demonic people from Typhon.” She advised as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

“Very well, O Great Mother.” You hurried out of the room. Her advice was surely something that bothered you. The Great Mother was never someone who resented something without a reason but her warning was not something that you should ignore. Though you knew how much you tried to advise your father, he would never heed your speech. But it wouldn’t hurt if you try.

***

You pouted as you stared at the night sky. Just like what you expected. Your warning was ignored by your father and not only that, your good intentions were misunderstood by him. He thought that you were trying to interrupt the peace negotiation between Chara and Typhon. Surely you never thought of doing so but that delegate was playing with your father’s mind.

Suddenly, someone clapped his or her hands behind you. Startled, you turned around and immediately put your guards up. You rolled your eyes as you saw who it was. The delegate.

“Oh beautiful princess, why are you so down?” The delegate smirked.

Your frown immediately deepened. “This is my living quarter. How’d you get here?”

“I have my ways of getting around things.”

You knew what he meant by that. Maybe he had casted sleeping spells over your guards before breaking in.

“I advise you to get the hell out of my sight or you shall face the consequences.” You clenched your hand into fists. White flames started to form around them.

The delegate was surprised but he managed to regain his composure. “Feisty, eh? I like. Don’t worry princess, sooner or later you’ll be mine.” The delegate turned around and made his way out. He laughed. A creepy one. Shudders ran down your spine. You were utterly disgusted by his disrespectful advances. How dare he tried to flirt with you. You were pissed off by his actions and rude manners.

A feeling of uneasiness stirred in the pit of your stomach. You’ve got a feeling that something wasn’t going to be right.