"Playing with Vengeance" [Chapter o2]

[복수하자!] "Playing with Vengeance!" [On Hiatus]

Seungho stared at his laptop screen. His dark circles drooping and growing as his gaze fixed on the tweet before him. 

"Yah, what's up?" G.O. asked from the doorway. When Seungho didn't look up G.O. moved closer and looked at the screen. "Yah.... same person from before?" 

"These fans are seriously crazy."

"That's not a fan. Someone who says things like that to you is not a fan. Don't mind that stuff. Let's go eat!" G.O. tried to cheer his friend up. Seungho sighed. 

"It's not just this." he added and pulled out his phone. 

"What? They call you now too?" G.O. asked, grabbing Seungho's phone and looking through the missed calls and texts. "Wow, daebak. Those are some crazy fans. I guess its time to change your number again." Seungho nodded in agreement. Stardom wasn't easy but again it was something he enjoyed. Threatening messages and cruel phone calls wouldn't stop him now. MBLAQ was currently at the top and he would do anything to keep them there. 

- -

It had been months since Jinah's first entrance into J.Tune Camp. If one thing was true it was that CEO Jung had a thing for color. There was MBLAQ. And even now with the 3 trainee groups, he had dubbed them under colors and strange acronyms as well. The first group was known as JADE or Jtune's Absolute Diamond Edition. The second group's name was even cheesier. WINE, Women In New Extreme. While the third group was easily dubbed W-HYTE, pronounced as Double White and standing for Women - Hung on Young Tune Ecstasy. How CEO Jung came up with these names Jinah had no clue. 

"Unnie! Did you hear?!" Yoonhee ran into the practice room shouting in excitement.

"What?" Jinah asked. 

"Bi sunbaenim just put out a call for auditions! He's going to debut a new girl group called AEIN!!" Jinah's eyes widened in excitment. Throughout the months she had noticed her change in attitude. Everyone around her worked so hard to be where they were at and that motivated her. She also wanted to work hard. She molded herself to become them, to see things from their perspective, to see their hardships. 

"How do we audition?" Dae In asked. The other girls gathered around. Yoonhee tried to catch her breath. 

"We don't." she shook her head. 

"What?" The girls asked. "What do you mean?" 

"I overheard manager oppa on the phone and he said that each of us, JADE, WINE, and W-HYTE will be featured with MBLAQ on a TV program. Whichever group MBLAQ favors the most will most likely be the group that gets to debut. Also, their fans will be able to vote as well on which team they want to debut." Yoonhee explained.

"That's a bit extreme isn't it?" Dae In replied. "I mean, right now, since we all did our own TV program, we have fans but not all of them are fans of MBLAQ. So our fans can't even vote for us?" Yoonhee shrugged.

"Mian Dae In ah, I didn't get the details. I was too scared of getting caught by manager oppa." Yoonhee sighed. 

"Let's wait and see what manager oppa says first." Jinah calmed them.

- -

"WHAT?!" LeeYoon gasped. "Marry Me MBLAQ?!?!? You're kidding right?" she asked. "Right?" she tried to reconfirm. Jinah felt herself flush and finally blow up for the first time in her life since she had returned to Korea.  

"The group won't be debuting until next year. This program is to show the charm of each trainee team and allow fans as well as CEO Jung to vote and see which group is best to debut fully. It won't even air until the second half of the year." Jinah explained over the phone. 

"That's crazy! You're not going to do it are you?" LeeYoon ran a hand through her hair. 

"I have no choice. Unless I leave the company then I have to follow the schedule."

"No! No, no. Don't leave. We've come so far already for you to just leave. No, do it. Do the show." LeeYoon let out a big sigh. 

"What's wrong?" 

"He contacted me again. He's threatening me now. He says that I ruined his life and he's accusing me of spreading rumors about him."

"What? How can he do that?" 

"I don't know. There was a private message on my Twitter from him so the fans won't know. He's really angry Jinah, but I didn't do anything. I think he's just mad and then he takes it out on me. I don't know. I don't know anymore" LeeYoon began to cry.

"Don't worry and don't cry." Jinah replied. "I'll get revenge for you, Seo LeeYoon. I will debut." she promised.

- -

Jinah sat alone in their practice room out of breath, sweat dripping down her face, thinking about LeeYoon's words, her past, everything. She left her family at the age of 17 and returned to Korea to live with an aunt. She had always been a quiet and down to earth type of person until she met with hardships in Seoul. She had become feeble and aguile, unable to fully ever stand up for herself or use what little strength she felt she had. Her humor disappeared along with her happiness. She had luckily stumbled upon LeeYoon in an alley way. LeeYoon was being bullied by a much older man and Jinah had intervened. Since that day, LeeYoon had stuck by Jinah as though they were sisters. She didn't know much about LeeYoon but she had a lot of respect for her. Without LeeYoon she would've starved in Seoul and disappeared into nonexistance. She had LeeYoon to thank and because of that, she needed to do this one thing for her friend. Get revenge. If Seungho was that bad, that cruel that LeeYoon would forever talk about him and his horrible ways when they dated then he deserved what he got. Jinah would only help karma along the way. She closed her eyes and pushed out all the thoughts for a moment to help clear her mind.

It was already late, but Seungho needed to squeeze in some practice time. He had already skipped the first session that day having G.O. cover for him. Their comeback was coming up in the next month and he had just recovered from a wrist injury. Seungho rounded the corner and noticed the lights from the practice room flickering. 

"Hello?" He called out. "Is someone here?" The flickering stopped. "Hello?" he called again. He looked around the room and pretended not to jump when he saw a girl lying in the corner. "Hey," he called out. "Hey!" he called louder. He took a deep breath and stepped closer towards her. "Hey," he said again as he tapped her shoulder. Her eyes shot open.

"AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Jinah screamed. As she shot straight up into a sitting position her head collided with Seungho's. "Ack!!" she shouted rubbing the pain from her head. She took out her small ear phones and stood glaring at the intruder. 

"Ah, ugh, ah, .. oh..." Seungho grunted to himself as he rubbed his forehead. 

"Yah!" she screamed at him. "You couldn't have not scared me?!" Seungho's eyes widened and he shot up from his squatting position.

"Hey!" he shouted back. "I tapped you gently on the shoulder. Who told you to fall asleep in here anyway?!" he replied. Angry, she turned and stalked to grab her bag at the other end of the room. "Yah," he called after her. "Yah," he called again. "I'm your sunbae. You're not gonna answer me?" he added. Jinah stopped and took a deep breath then turned to face him and bowed.

"I'm so sorry sunbaenim. I didn't mean to sit up so quickly and hit your head." she said sarcastically. "Oh, I think it'll bruise." she added and grabbed her bag from the floor. Seungho felt his dark circles grow bigger as he glared at her. 

"Unbelievable." he said to himself. "Tch," he let out. "Unbelievable." he said louder this time placing his hands on his hips. Jinah turned to look at him. "How can someone who hasn't even debuted yet treat her sunbae like this? Does Jihoon hyung not teach you guys manners anymore?" he asked angrily. Jinah squinted her eyes at his outburst then walked towards him and stopped.

"Jihoon PDnim doesn't need to teach us manners. We grew up with them." she lifted an eyebrow, challenging him. He nodded his head and moved towards her as well. 

"I know you." he suddenly said. Jinah stiffened a bit at the sudden comment. Seungho smiled. "You're the leader of Double White." He smiled and clucked his tongue.

"So?" she replied, hoping that she could make a quick escape.

"I'm surprised that you're being so rude to me when you will have to earn brownie points in order to debut." All sense and sarcasm drained from Jinah's face. He was right. Along with the Marry Me MBLAQ program, not only would the fans vote, but MBLAQ would too. Jinah closed her eyes tightly and clenched her hands into fists. 

"I'm sorry." she apologized with a deep 90 degree bow. She stood without looking at him and left. 

Seungho stared at the door for a moment after she had gone. What was her problem anyway? Everytime he ran across her since she joined J.Tune Camp, she always gave him the cold shoulder or acted as though he didn't exist. Even when they trained together for shows when W-HYTE were back dancers for MBLAQ. Her members always brightly greeted him but she was tough. 

"Yah, that girl, the one that was paired with Joon last time we performed. What was her name?" Seungho asked G.O. as soon as he returned to the dorm. 

"Why? Are you interested?" 

"Earlier, I ran into her and it was kind of strange. Does she hate me you think?" G.O. shrugged, concentrating on his game. 

"I don't know. Did you do something to her?" G.O. replied. Seungho squinted at the ceiling, thinking hard.

"I don't think so." he replied. Suddenly, G.O. dropped his game and hurried to Seungho's side. 

"Wait, were we just talking about a girl?" G.O. asked. 

"Forget it." 

"No no no! I want to know. I'll tell you all I know." G.O. put an arm around his friend. "Are you interested in her?" he asked again. 

"Not interested. It just seems like she hates me."

"Strange." 

"What?" Seungho replied. 

"Even if people hate you, youre never really interested in them." Seungho rolled his eyes when he noticed a glint in G.O.'s eyes. 

"It's not like that. As I was saying, earlier I ran into her and I just noticed now how everytime, even if we're working together on a show, she always avoids me."

"Who?"

"Ah, I don't know." Seungho replied, agitated. "That one girl. W-HYTE's leader."

"Ah!!!!!!!" G.O. nodded knowingly. "Jin Ah?" He paused to think. "But she's so nice. I chatted with her once and she was really positive about everything."

"That can't be right. Earlier she yelled at me. She doesn't even recognize me as her sunbae." 

"Really?" G.O. stood and paced the room. "That's strange. She even calls me oppa." 

"What? Well, it's nothing new to you. What did you say her name was?" 

"Jin Ah. But that's not her real name. Her real name is Kang Sujin. Jin Ah is a nick name she picked up when she moved back to Korea." Seungho nodded, trying to grasp this new information. G.O. eyed him suspiciously. "She's 165cm tall, weighs 53kg, has one older brother who lives in the states, never had a boyfriend," G.O. quietly waited for Seungho's reaction. The room was quiet. Seungho glanced at G.O.

"What? What were you saying? Sorry, I was thinking." Seungho said dazily. G.O. bursted into laughter. "What?" 

"Let's make a bet." G.O. suddenly said. 

"Bet? What?" 

"Let's bet that you can't make her like you and your dark circles by the time she debuts."

"Eh," Seungho replied, feeling bitter. "I don't like those kind of things." 

"C'mon. It'll be between us. If you can't make her like you and your dark circles by the time she debuts, you owe me, hmm," he thought. "You have to go on a blind date with a woman of my choice. It'll be a secret blind date, we'll make it look like a get together with a bunch of friends. But hey, you're in luck because it all depends on our votes. She might not even debut this year, or next year with AEIN." Seungho rolled his eyes at G.O.'s absurd idea. 

"And if you lose?" 

"If I lose, then," He thought for a moment.

"Ah! I know!" Seungho clapped excitedly.

"What?"

"If I can't get her to like me,"

"And your dark circles."

"And my dark circles, like a sunbae. Just liking me and respecting me like sunbae, then I'll go on a blind date with a woman of your choice. But if I can do it before she debuts, then you have to go on a date with Juri noona!" Seungho exclaimed excitedly. G.O.'s eyes widened in disbelief. He couldn't find the words to agree. "if not then the bet's off." 

"Fine, fine fine." G.O. replied. Seungho left him sulking alone in his bedroom. "Fine," he whispered with a smile on his face.