The Best Day of my Life

The Best Day of my Life

-Soo Min's POV-

"Good Morning Class~!" the teacher said. Good morning...yeah right. The grandma that lives next door to me just passed away yesterday! She always baked me cookies when I want some. She loves me as if I was her own granddaughter. In fact my whole family loves her. She was so nice. I heard her grandson is coming to live in that house. Today is such a horrible day, I miss her...

"We're going to start our English lesson now. Please do these warm ups." Mrs. Hwang started writing sentences on the white board. 

KNOCK KNOCK

The door opened and the principal walked in with a student that didn't look to familiar. The teacher and principal whispered to each other then the principal left the classroom. "Ok class, this is your new classmate, Kim Jonghyun, Jonghyun please tell us more about yourself."

"Hello everyone! For a reason I don't want to share I had to transfer and continue school here." he said.

"I don't care what reason it is but he's hot!" the girl in front of me whispered to her friend.

"Ok~ who wants to show Jonghyun around school?" the teacher asked. Thank goodness I sit all the way in the back. No one ever notices me. I thought as i rest my head on the desk. "Lee Soo Min! Are you sleeping in my class again!?!" she yelled.

"I always sleep in your class Mrs Hwang." I stood up and said.

"Did you finish your warms ups?" she asked. i nodded. "Homework?" I nodded.

"I did all the homework you put on the board for the rest of this week already." everyone was surprised.

"Since this class is the hardest English class on campus and the homework I give takes forever. You have a lot of free time don't you?" She raised an eyebrow. Oh no you don't. You know I hate explaining or showing people around school. Everyone in this classroom knows that. The last time i showed someone around I scared the heck out of them because I was grumpy that day. "Why don't you show Jonghyun around. I looked at his grades from his previous school, he needs a tutor for English. You are assigned to be his tutor now Soo Min. Oh yeah isn't there a sit next to you, Jonghyun that's your seat now." She smirked. Darn you Mrs.Hwang.

"IS this my punishment or something." I muttered to myself a bit too loud.

"Yes it is. Do you have a problem?" She smirked again knowing that if i said yes she'd give me my first detention ever. Jonghyun walked over to the seat next to me and sat down. It was a bit awkward. We didn't talk. Since my friend that I copied notes off of is absent today, I had to stay awake to copy the notes. I fell asleep a few times but Jonghyun woke me up.

RINGGGG

Class is over now. It's lunch. This school has a big thing to do with English. Everyone had English in the morning for 3 hours then it's lunch time.

"Um, you're Soo Min right? My name is Kim Jonghyun, nice to meet you." He formally introduced himself. He put out his hand for a hand shake.

"Nice to meet you too. And yeah, my name is Soo Min. Lee Soo Min. I guess I'm your tutor and guide now." I awkwardly said. "Come on I'll show you around since lunch is 1 hour long." I shook his hand.

The walk around school was rather, awkward.

"hmmm" I looked at my watch. "There's still 45 minutes left, want to get lunch? Wait I brought my own lunch today." I said. Jonghyun laughed.

"I brought lunch today. Do you mind eating lunch with me? I feel awkward eating alone." He smiled.

"Sure." we walked to our lockers which was somehow 3 lockers away from each other.

"Hey Jonghyun, what did you bring?"

"Kimbap, what about you?"

"Funny, I bought kimbap too!" we laughed. We found a table and sat down. As we ate in silence, I noticed that he has a white and black pin that only people with relatives that just passed away would wear.

"Jonghyun, I'm sorry if I'm being nosy but did someone just pass away in your family?" Jonghyun gave me a shocked look. "Sorry, I never should have asked. you don't have to answer." I said in guilt.

"Nah, it's fine." He has a little pause. "My grandma just passed away." I can heard the pain in his voice and see it in his eyes.

"I hope you feel better. My neighbor, who's always been there since I was born , she just passed away yesterday. I loved her just like my own grandma." I began to get teary, but stopped myself from crying.

"It's ok." Jonghyun patted my shoulder. "My grandma passed away yesterday too. My parents told me to move into her place and watch over the house so they can finish their work then they'll come and live in the house too." I was a bit shocked when I heard it.

"Jonghyun, by any chance," I took put my wallet and pulled out a picture," is this your grandma?"

"This....is my grandma." we looked at each other.

"Wow.... this is so...." I muttered. It fell silent again.

"You want to.... walk around?" Jonghyun asked.

"Sure." we walked in silence again.

Suddenly Jonghyun stopped in his steps. "Soo Min, I hope we can be good friends." he smiled.

I nodded, Yeah", and smiled at him.

RINGGGG

"Let's go to class. You know where your class is right?"

"Yeah. See ya later."

 

 

I was walking out to the gates like I always do each and every day after school. I notice someone waving to me today though. It was Jonghyun.

"Soo Min! I need help." He said.

"What is it?"

"Well I haven't been to my grandma's house for awhile now, can you show me that way please? I stayed at the hotel yesterday and brought all my things to school. Also I lost the address so I can't go print a map." he explained. I laughed at him panicking.

"Come on lets go. It's on the way to my house anyways."

"Thank you~!" It wasn't a really long walk only about 15 minutes and we actually talked this time.

"What the... This is my parents' car, what is it doing here." Jonghyun's face was confused. "It doesn't seem like anyone is at home though, oh no I lost the key! I left it in my locker." he signed and face palmed himself.

"Jonghyun! You're here!" a lady walked out from my house and hugged Jonghyun.

"Umma. I thought you had work. Appa your here too."

"We finished work early." his Appa said.

"Hello!" I said and bowed at a 90 degree angle to Jonghyun's parents.

"Aww I love her! Can't they get married now?" his Umma exclaimed as she hugged me so tight that I could hardly breath.

"What?" I said. I am so confused. I looked at Jonghyun for an answer but he gave me a shrug that met he didn't know what the answer is. My parents came out.

"Soo Min~ You're back." My Umma said. Jonghyun bowed for my parents and said hello.

Our parents rushed us to shower and change so they can take us out to eat. I finished getting ready before Jonghyun surprisingly. We went to an all you can eat KBBQ place. Something weird was going on. Even Jonghyun thought so.

"Ok kids. Here's the thing. You know how grandma just passed away?" Mrs.Kim said.

"In her will, she wished for Jonghyun and his "wife" to live in that house she lived in. Also she says 20 years ago she promised that her grandson/granddaughter will marry the Lee Family's grandson/granddaughter. Mr. Kim said.

"But I already have someone I like. I told him I would marry him and him only." I told them.

"Me too! My childhood friend, she promised to be with me."

"This necklace is our proof!" we said at the same time. I looked at Jonghyun's necklace, it was the letter "S". Mine's was the letter "J".

"How...." I said. Jonghyun and I were in shock.

"So~ will you guys get married or engaged already to make grandma happy?" a familiar voice spoke. We turned around and saw grandma. Tears began to flow and we ran to hug her.

"I thought you died!" Jonghyun said.

"Why did you lie to us?" I asked.

"If I didn't do something how can you two meet again. Last week I noticed Soo Min's necklace was the one I gave to Jonghyun when he was little. I asked her and she said it was from her 'future husband' when you guys were kids." She patted our backs as we hugged her.

"No wonder Umma didn't let me go see you in the hospital." I muttered.

"That explains why my parents were still happy and smiling." Jonghyun said.

"So~ are you guys going to get married?" she asked us.

"Ummmm I don't know~" We looked at each other. Grandma took you hands and held them together. We smiled and went back to eating.

The next day in school, all the girls in class were disappointed to see that I was Jonghyun's girlfriend, but most of the boys were happy since yesterday they were scared of losing the girl that they liked.

 

 

Two year passed like that and we're out of high school. Jonghyun auditioned to SM and passed a year ago. He's going to debut with a group name SHINee soon. SM also said that it was ok for us to be together. Things just get better and better until one day.........

Jonghyun took me out to the same KBBQ place we went 2 years ago. It's my birthday today.

"Soo Min....."

"Hm?"

"We need to talk. I.....I think we need to break up."

"WHAT!?!? WHY??" It hurts. The two words,'Break up'. hurts ALOT.

"I'm going to get married." He said.

"You're what!? With who!?" I was about to cry.

"With someone I truly love." he handed me a box. "Here, lets say this is you birthday present and goodbye gift." He stood up and left. In tears, I opened the box and saw a mirror. There was a note saying "You're looking at the person I'm going to marry." Suddenly the lights turned off and music went on. I saw my Umma and Appa walking towards me with a huge cake.  My family and friends were singing the happy birthday song to me. The Jonghyun came through the crowd with flowers. He got down on one knee.

He gave me the flowers. "Soo Min...", he got out a little box from his pocket, "Will you", he opened it, "marry me?" The ring had a heart shape diamond in the middle with the letters "J" on the left side and "S" on the right.

I nodded and said "Yes!" He put the ring on my left hand. That, was the best day of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hoped you enjoyed the oneshot :DDD not the best >.> i know. i wrote it out of random so yeah ;D

please subscribe if you liked this :DDD thank you ~! please leave a comment as well~~~!!! :DDD thank you so much for reading !!!