I'll love you till Infinity

I'll love you till Infinity

 

        Sunggyu looked over to Jung Mi and brushed her hair away from her face. She looked back at him and smiled shyly while looking the other way. They were sitting on the park bench just beneath a big willow tree staring off into the sunset. Looking across the small river, they both see cherry blossom trees blooming in the distance. They turned to each other and smiled again. Hand in hand, they walked over to the cherry blossom trees to take a closer look.

          “Sunggyu-ah, don’t they look pretty?” Jung Mi asked Sunggyu.

          “No, you’re prettier.” Sunggyu replied, making Jung Mi blush and squeeze his hand even harder. He didn’t hesitate and put his other arm around her thin waist.

          They both walked up to the biggest and prettiest cherry blossom tree and sat down below it. Sunggyu pulled Jung Mi in for a hug and kissed her gently on her soft peachy lips, the wind blew the blossoms off the branch, making it a beautiful scene.  She pulled away and looked him in the eyes before hugging him again.

          “I love you Jung Mi. I will never let you go and always protect you.” Sunggyu whispered into her ears before kissing her on her rosy cheeks.

          She looked up to Sunggyu and smiled softly.

          “I love you too, forever till infinity.” She replied back to him.

As the day ended, Sunggyu took Jung Mi home but she insisted that she would be fine taking the bus instead. He argued a little bit with her before losing and doing what he was told. He dropped her off at the bus station and left. 9:37 pm. He left for a while already. 9:40 pm, the bus hasn’t arrived yet. Thinking that she would be scolded by Sunggyu the next morning for going home late and calling him to pick her up after she insisted on taking the bus home, she walked instead. After she pressed the crossing button, she waited for a while before walking across the wide street of Seoul. Taking her 3rd step, a car came running up towards her and hit her.  Sunggyu, feeling worried, came back for her. On his way there, there was a delay because of an accident. He came out of his car and came to see what the accident was. After hearing that it was a girl, he felt nervous but he just kept pushing through the crowd.

          “Somebody call the ambulance!” A pedestrian yelled. 

Sunggyu paced up, seeing that the bus stop was empty and that the bus just got there. Jung Mi was nowhere to be found. He got half way there when a girl shouted.

          “Oh my gosh, it’s Jung Mi!!”

Sunggyu then ran up to the front of the crowd and saw Jung Mi’s body lying there, lifeless on the cold ground of Seoul. Drenched in her own blood, Jung Mi wasn’t breathing. Sunggyu pushed everyone out of the way and pulled Jung Mi up into his arms. Feeling the coldness of her cheeks that he used to kiss, he cuddled her in his body one last time. The ambulance finally got there and took her to the hospital. Sunggyu was following behind, and when he got there, she was already in the emergency room. After a couple hours of waiting, the doctor finally came out.

          “Doctor, is she going to be alright?” Sunggyu asked with a worried face.

          The doctor sighed and became silent.

          “Please tell me is she going to be okay!” Sunggyu yelled at the doctor.

          “I’m very sorry, we tried everything we could.”

Sunggyu leaned against the wall. Hearing the news of his most cherished loved one, he ran inside the operation room and saw Jung Mi lying on the bed with a blanket covering her whole body and face. He walked up to her body slowly and kneeled down beside her.

          “I’m sorry Jung Mi. This was my entire fault, if only I just took you home, you wouldn’t even be here right now. You wouldn’t even be lying on this bed. I’m sorry I broke my promise to you.” Sunggyu said while looking at her peaceful face. He took her hand into his one last time and kissed her cold lips that used to be warm and soft. A tear fell down and the only thing that was heard in that room was Sunggyu’s crying and the sound of the tears hitting the solid floor. He buried his face into his arm and whispered to himself.

          “I will always love you, till infinity.”