Turned Off The TV

Turned Off The TV

 

Turned the TV Off

(Fanfic inspired by Leessang’s Turned Off The TV)

 

            As he left work, he only had one thing on his mind; you.

            Jong Kook and you had met a long time ago when you worked as a temporary PD for the Running Man show. You had been his fan for awhile already, and in the end of the recording, you approached him to ask for an autograph. He smiled at you with that lovely huge smile, his eye-smile making your heart go crazy, and he quickly scribbled on the small notebook you had handed him. He winked at you and then walked away with a mischievous grin plastered on his face. You opened the notebook in the page he had signed on, but to your surprise, what you found was not his signature, but his number and a small message saying ‘Meet me at Luna Café, tomorrow at 4 p.m.’. You couldn’t actually believe he had written that. You re-read it countless times and you concluded that it was probably a joke. However, you couldn’t brush off the feeling that there was a chance it was real, and that you could be throwing away a once in a lifetime chance.

            After a sleepless night, you decided that you would be going to the café. If it really was a joke, at least you would get to drink that delicious cappuccino everybody talked about. After finishing the report you had to send in that morning, you decided to get ready. For a chance, you prettied yourself up instead of going plainly as you used to. You got your contrast black and white dress, with butterfly sleeves and that had a red sash that tightened the dress around your waist, separating the white top from the black loose skirt. You straightened your long hair, carefully perfecting your straight bangs. After applying natural make up, you felt that there was something missing, and feeling a little bolder, you applied an old red lipstick your friends had once given you, adding a certain spark to your look. You gathered your belongings and put them on your red leather purse, and strapped on your red killer heels. As you locked the door, you walked down the street with confidence, masking the anxiety you were feeling.

            The trip to the Luna café took almost an hour, and three subway line changes later, at 3.45 p.m., you were in front of the coffee shop. You sat down at a table next to the window and ordered yourself that famous cappuccino your friends had told you about. As you worked on your tablet PC, planning your assigned part on another show you had been called on to by your company, the clock pointer kept moving forward, past the 4 p.m. mark. ‘It really was a joke, huh…’ And with that thought, sadness overtook your expecting heart. Suddenly, the door’s bell chimed as a person entered the café. You were so emerged in your work, so that you would not give into the gloomy feeling that filled you that you didn’t even notice when Kim Jong Kook sat in the chair in front of you. You really focused on that’ He said, his gentle voice making you acknowledge his presence. ‘Oh! I’m so sorry, Jong Kook –ssi’ you bowed your head and put your tablet away. ‘I’m sorry for being late,’ he said, ‘ I got caught in traffic on the way here.’ He signaled the waiter and ordered an Americano for himself.

            You talked for hours in that peaceful café, and he admitted that he had noticed you during the recording for the show and that he was planning on contacting you afterwards. Several dates followed that one, and a few months later you were a happy couple. Now, it was time for your second anniversary and you couldn’t wait for him to get back to the apartment you both shared for a year already, that you both called home. You had cooked a special dinner, with dishes that had a special meaning for both of you. You even made yourself prettier, wearing a short black dress, straightening your hair and wearing that red lipstick that gained a special meaning after that first date. As you were finishing all of the details for the dinner, your phone started to ring, the ringtone being your exclusive version of ‘Loveable’, sang by him on one of your dates. You saw Jong Kook’s nickname written on the mobile’s screen and immediately picked up. ‘Yoboseyo?’ you said smiling as you awaited for him to whisper some sweet words to you. ‘Neh, jagiya, I’m going out with HaHa and the rest of the guys. I’ll be home late, ok? Don’t wait up.’ He said with an excited voice, hanging up without even waiting for your answer. Instead of getting mad at him, you were overwhelmed with disappointment, as you expected him to remember that it was your anniversary. On the year before, you had even went on a trip together. Now, because he was busy, you had settled for a surprise dinner after he confirmed he could be home for dinner.

            You switched from the dress to a shirt and worn out pair of shorts, and sat down watching TV, no longer feeling hungry. A few hours later, you woke up as you heard keys rustling by the door, and Jong Kook entering the apartment. As he did so, he noticed the table setting and the unlit candles as well as the flower petals and the rest of the decoration. His gaze then turned towards the couch and saw you there, sitting while watching a movie.

            ‘Jagiya, did something happen?’ He asked while taking off his jacket, sitting beside you. He started kissing your cheek softly and you shrugged him off. ‘Happy 2nd anniversary.’ And with that, you got up, and the TV in the bedroom and laid down on the king size bed. Jong Kook followed you with a worried face. ‘Jagiya… I really am sorry. I forgot! If I knew I would have never went out.’ He started taking out his shirt, showing his more than defined abs, which still made you quiver when it came to be angry at him. Still, you resisted the urge to give in to your boyfriend’s muscular body. He took of the rest of his clothes, leaving only the boxers on and after closing the curtains; he got inside the bed and hugged you. ‘ Don’t be mad.. Oppa will make it up to you…’ He said, placing slow kisses on your jaw. ‘I’m not in the mood.’ You said, focusing on the movie, even though you were feeling even more . ‘It’s not so easy to get forgiven. I went through a lot of trouble.’ After voicing your indignation, tears started forming in your eyes. You turned your back to him in order to hide your tears, no wanting to make him feel too bad, since you understood he was tired and probably really didn’t remember, but you just couldn’t let go of your hurt feelings. He got up and picked up his phone. You heard him dialing and the waiting sound from his phone. ‘Yoboseyo? This is Jong Kook, I can’t go in tomorrow, I caught a nasty flu and so did my girlfriend. Actually, I think I might have to be home for the next couple of days…’ And after hearing the answer, he shut his phone off and came back to bed. ‘See jagiya? I’ll do anything to make it up to you. I’m yours only for the rest of the week.’ He continued kissing you, reaching down to your collarbones, while discretely turning off the TV. You gave in to your urges and as you kissed him back you said, ‘It’s okay but about tonight… go turn off the lights while I think about it.’ And as he got up, showing his incredibly muscular body once again while turning off the lights, you took off your clothes, ready to give in to his ‘apologies’.