Madly in Love

Madly in Love

“Hey there, beautiful.”

“Mwoya, Eunhyuk-ah!” I hit his arm.

“What? You’re my girlfriend, remember?” he stared at me

I could feel my blood is running to my cheeks.

“Huh. Keep dreaming.” I smiled sarcastically, deep inside I’m dying.

We walk to our lockers and taking some books for the first period.

Eunhyuk is my best friend. He has a cousin called Tiffany. Tiffany is also my bestfriend. The three of us are very close. Everyone thinks that Eunhyuk and I are dating since he always puts his arm around my shoulder, saying cheesy lines to me, and some other stuff. You know, just like a couple. I do feel happy when they tease us. I like Eunhyuk, I love him since we first met and I’m madly in love with him.

“Oh look, the couple’s is here.” Yoojin said loudly until every single student watching us.

“Yoojin-ah, don’t say it too loud. I’m afraid that everyone knows.” Eunhyuk replied.

I hit Eunhyuk’s arm hard, “Yah! Are you crazy?” and I walked to my desk and sit. He sat next to me and we begin the class.

 

“Yoobin-ah, ireona.” Someone tapped me. Since I’m a light sleeper, I wake up so easy.

“Wae?” I asked with my sleepy voice. I rubbed my eyes and I just realized Eunhyuk is staring at me.

I sat straight and put on my glasses. “I fell asleep, didn’t i?”

“Yap. Good thing this handsome student covered you.” and he winked at me. I feel like I’m shivering. Why he is so hot?

“Kajja!” he pulled my hand. Even though he holds my hand every day, I still feel nervous.

“Oddiseo?”

“To have lunch of course.” He smiled

On the way to go the cafeteria, it’s awkward for us. I don’t know why.

“Yoobin-ah, call me Hyukjae from now on.”

“Why?” I looked at him

“So I can be your someone special.” His tone sounded very serious

“Excuse me?” I didn’t understand.

“I..” he stopped.

 

“Unnie!” someone hold my back. Oh my God. I was almost died.

“What?!” I turned back and I saw Tiffany smiling with her eyesmile.

“Did I shock you?”

“Apparently, yeah.”

“And you stopped me doing that thing.” Eunhyuk said to Tiffany.

Tiffany stared at Eunhyuk blankly. “Oh my God. Don’t tell me you were..”

Eunhyuk nodded.

“Mianhae, Eunhyukkie.” Tiffany pouted.

Seriously, I don’t understand what they’re talking about. “Hyukjae-ah, you were going what?” I hit his arm slightly.

“Nothing. Just nothing.” And he put his tongue out to me. I’m dying of curiosity right now.

“Hyukjae? Unnie, you call him Hyukjae right now?” Tiffany asked me and she’s walking in the middle of us (me and Eunhyuk)

“Well, he told me to.”

“Oh, you guys are so sweet.”

“I know right.” Eunhyuk teased me. I just laughed because inside I feel like I’m dying.

 

“Yah! Yeogi, yeogi!” Taeyeon waved her hand and point the seats beside her. Taeyeon is also my bestfriend, and she’s dating the student’s president, Park Jungsoo, or we usually called Leeteuk. They’re very cute and “adorkable”. The three of us sat across them.

“Hyukjae-ah, can you take my lunch? I’m too tired to stand.” I asked him, but of course I’m not reall mean it.

“Anything for you.” and he gave me a quick kiss on my cheek and ran.

I gasped. “Yah! I was only joking.” I shouted and covered my face. Damn it! I can feel that everyone’s staring at me.

 

*Reader’s home*

PRANG! I heard something. Sounded like a broken glass. I hurried to go in.

“Yah! I trusted you! But look, you suddenly came here with a woman and HER BABY!”

“Oppa, appa, what happened?” I asked them. Wow. My house really looks like.. umm.. Tornado just came in here I guess. I saw my portrait with my parents are torn into pieces.

“Just in time.” My oppa smirked.

“What happened? Who is this?” I saw the woman that’s carrying her baby. All of their faces are pale. They know I’m mad as hell. They can hear it from the way I talk. “I said what happened?!” I shouted.

“Yoobin-ah, meet your mother and your sister.” Appa said and he hugged the woman’s waist.

“Excuse me?” I asked again. I can feel my tears are floating down.

“This is Taeha. And she will be your mother.” My father explained.

“What kind of mother?! A foster mother? Explain to me CLEARLY!” I shouted again.

“Appa has been dating this woman for long, he made her pregnant and the baby was born. Appa didn’t tell me or you anything but suddenly he came here and he said that he will marry this ahjumma and we will become a new family.” Oppa emphasized the words ‘new family’.

“Appa, is it hard to tell us? Why so sudden? We trusted you. We love you. But why suddenly you came in with someone else and she will replace mom. WAE?!”

“We worked hard for this family, appa. We tried to love each other even mom has already gone. But why you keep this, appa?”

“Mianhae, my kids. It’s just that..” he seems don’t have any answer.

I scoffed.  “It’s just that what? You’re too busy with your work? Or too busy with your new daughter?”  I know I sound very impolite, but I just couldn’t hold myself.

My dad slapped me. My cheek is hurt, my heart hurts more. I opened the door and run away. We were a happy family. My appa is a manager in a big company. My omma is a housewife. But she took care of me and my oppa really nice. Sungmin oppa is really my rolemodel. He’s cool, smart and talented. We share everything together. When omma died because of cancer, oppa and I cried hard. But my appa comforted us. Appa told us not to keep secrets. When we have problems, he wants us to come to him and solve it together. But he didn’t do it. Just like now.

I don’t know where to go. I just run and cry. I don’t care even if the people see me weird.

Hyukjae. His name crossed my mind.

 

I knocked at his door and he opened it. I cried and hugged him.

“Wae? Are you hurt somewhere?” he looked confused. I shook my head. Then he took me to his room. I told him everything about my family. He always understands me the best. For half hour I cried. Then I stopped. I feel relief. When I looked at him, his eyes seemed captivating me. I don’t know what I feel, I don’t know what he feels, but suddenly we came closer and we kissed.

I became more madly in love with him. Every day, my feeling is getting stronger and stronger. I decided to tell him that I like him. Yap. I’ve decided.

 

“Hyukjae, saranghae.” I told him.

“Mworago?”

“I’ve been crushing on you since we first met. And every day I fall in love with you. I’m madly in love with you. You always there for me and understand me the best. So will you be the one for me?” I closed my eyes. I’m scared to face him.

“Mianhae.”

“Eh?” I looked at him.

“Mianhae, Yoobin-ah. I like Seohyun.”

“Seohyun unnie?” I asked him bitterly. Great. I started to cry. “Wae? Wae, Eunhyuk-ah?!”

“I did love you. But I don’t know since when, I feel in love with Seohyun. We’ve been together for a week. Mianhae. I didn’t have the chance to tell you. Tiffany doesn’t know either. It’s just that..”

Again. His line sounded just like my dad. And again. I ran away.

I ran to my house. Good thing nobody’s here. Sungmin oppa still at the university. I ran to the kitchen and a knife. I closed my eyes. Mianhae oppa. And I slit my hand. I can’t take this anymore. I lost my mom, I lost my happy family, I lost him.

Eventhough I’m dying, I’m still madly in love with him.

 

sorry if the story T.T