I am friends with idiots.

I Love You So Much That It Hurts.

Wednesday night. An unsually schedule free night. Both EXO dorms were silent and reasons for the silence can be found below.

1.     Joonmyun and Wufan had been kidnapped by Zitao who insisted that they visit Dongdaemun,

2.     Sehun swears that he found a new bubble tea shop and dragged both Luhan and Jongin out to get it.

3.     Minseok and Kyungsoo found a mess lurking in Yixing and Jongdae's shared room and forced both boys to clean their room.

4.     Baekhyun was in his room, with a facial mask and being horizontal while Chanyeol was reading just by Baekhyun's feet.

It was safe to say that the night at both EXO dorms would be rather uneventful. Not.
 

Just when Baekhyun's alarm rang, alerting him to remove his mask, Jongdae runs into Baekyeol’s room and bolts the door. Back facing the door, Jongdae's eyes darted around and he dives head first into Chanyeol's bed. He feels his glasses dig deep into his nose bridge and takes an involuntary breath, regret settling slowly in his gut.

Not lifting an eye off his book, Chanyeol pushed his hipster glasses further up his nose bridge and said "Sup, Dae. Nice of you to drop by"

Baekhyun removes his mask and slapping his cheeks, mutters "I swear; this mask really works wonders. My skin feels so supple!"

Jongdae lifts his head from Chanyeol's pillow and groans, "I swear Chan, you are bound to suffer from dehydration judging by the amount of drool you produce each night."

Baekhyun sits down by the feet of Jongdae and pats his . "I know right? But no fear, I check on him every night by listening to his heavy and loud breathing and I ensure that he is still breathing the next morning.”

Jongdae sits up and stares into Baekhyun’s eyes, “Thank you, it will pain us both to lose him. You have worked hard.” He removes his black-rimmed glasses and rubs his nose bridge in an attempt to alleviate the pain.

Baekhyun dismisses the compliment with a wave of his hand. “Now why did you run into our room and lock all three of us in?”

Jongdae takes a deep breath and dry-sobs; “Minseok hyung and Kyungsoo are being es to Yixing ge and me! More like being a to me! I swear to Hogod that Yixing ge’s ‘I’m-so-dreamy-i-don’t-even-know-what-is-going-on’ façade is FAKE! They wouldn’t listen! So they dismissed Yixing ge with a “Go rest Yixing”; “Yeah take a break hyung, watch some ” and forced ME to sort our underwear according to colours and sizes and brands. GOOD LORD! I barely managed to escape and this was the only safe haven I could think of.” Jongdae takes a deep breath after the rant and rubs his eyes tiredly before placing his glasses back on his Greek God-worthy nose bridge. “They should come looking for me real soon.”

Baekhyun gasps, “Oh no! They’ll kill you! Don’t leave us Jongdae!”

“I promise you, I will not go down without a fight.” Jongdae puffs his chest out and opens his arms, motioning for Baekhyun to enter his embrace. Baekhyun lets out a dry sob and lunges himself at Jongdae, closing the gap between them.

Wednesday nights at the EXO dorm, is a night full of coincidental happenings. While Baekhyun dry sobs into Jongdae’s shoulder, rapid rapping was heard on the door.

“Open up Baekyeol! We know you are hiding Jongdae! Surrender him now and nobody gets hurt. We could give you guys a chance to live!” Minseok’s voice projects strongly through the thick wooden door.

“Never! Brotherhood for life! We will protect Jongdae from you two. Asking him to fold underwear? He is the lead vocal for goodness’ sake! What if he loses his voice due to trauma from staring at too many of Yixing ge’s underwear? Loyalty!”

“Hand him over and I’ll cook you guys Kimchi Spaghetti for supper!” Kyungsoo adds for good measure.

“Kimchi Spaghetti?”

“Oh no, please, don’t do this to me Baek, Don’t exchange me for food!”

Chanyeol sighs and closes his book with a snap. “I am friends with idiots.” He walks to the door and unbolts it. (“Don’t do it!-Jongdae yells)

“Hello Minseok hyung, Kyungsoo. How may I help you?” Chanyeol says, facing his band members with a wide smile and a polite tone.

“Urm, can we please have Jongdae? He has to finish packing his mess.” Minseok sputter, it isn’t every day that you get to see the resident “happy virus” of the dorm with such poise and charisma.

“Jongdae? Oh, Kim Jongdae ssi? My apologies but Kim Jongdae ssi isn’t with us right now. In fact, the person in my room right now is Chen ssi. Do you know Chen ssi?” Chanyeol says with a gentle smile.

“Urm, the lead vocal of EXO-M? The one who can’t pronounce Chinese well? I do know him.” Kyungsoo replies, eyes huge and wide, staring into Chanyeol’s soul.

“That is good. You see, Chen ssi here is a singer signed under SM Entertainment. When he signed the contract, it did not state that he had to fold underwears and sort them by colours and sizes and brands. In fact they told him, to treat the dorm like his home and be comfortable in it. This is exactly what he was doing. He was making the dorm into a second home.”

Minseok and Kyungsoo exchanged uncomfortable glances, not having any idea what Chanyeol was driving at.

“If Chen ssi is not allowed to treat this dorm like his home and leave his belongings scattered around, he will feel uncomfortable. If he feels uncomfortable, he would not be adhering to the contract. It will mean that he is deliberately rebelling against the people of higher power. That wouldn’t be quite nice would it? He could be thrown out of the company! Do you have it in your heart to destroy a young man’s dreams and passion? He has been dreaming of being a singer since he was 5! The both of you are destroying his dreams and probably the only one thing that he is good at doing!”

Minseok and Kyungsoo were both speechless. They had no idea how to rebut the happy virus.

“Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to listen to Chen ssi and Baekhyun ssi sing so that I can help them improve their vocal abilities to break more fangirls' heart.” Chanyeol flips his fringe with sass and closes the door tightly, not forgetting to bolt it.

He turns his heels to see Jongdae and Baekhyun, both still clutching on to each other, staring at him with their mouths agape. Chanyeol shakes his head like a wet puppy trying to dry himself and sighs. “Crisis averted. You staying over tonight Dae? We could join the beds again.”

“Group hug!” Baekhyun calls and suddenly, Chanyeol finds his left arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders, right arm around Jongdae’s waist. Both shorter boys rested their heads on Chanyeol’s shoulders and faced each other. Tightening his grip around Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s waist, Jongdae whispers: “I love you guys so much.”

“I agree; I love you and Baek so much that I’m hurting.”

Chanyeol doesn’t realise that he was in pain because both boys were stepping on his feet in their rush to hug him. He doesn’t realise until the trio broke apart from their hug and he found himself limping towards his bed.

“That’s strange; I can’t seem to feel my feet.”

“Love for us has made you numb, you silly giant.”

 

1261 Words