Chapter 4 - The Mission

Can You Smile For Me?

 

"I said, wait!" Dongwoo shouted again before catching up to me.

So much for trying to avoid him.

"Hey." I greeted politely.

"Where are you going?" He asked me.

"Back to my dorm, class is over." I answered curtly.

"I'll walk with you." He said.

"You don't have to." I told him.

"But I want to." He insisted.

"Your choice then." I shrugged and continued walking.

I could feel his eyes on me. Was that weird? No, the hairs at the back of neck stood on end as I felt it.

But it was different, it wasn't like he thought of me like a freak, more like he was assessing me?

Assessing why I was the way I was. Why I acted the way I did, and why I wasn't smiling often.

"Do you have a question that you want to ask?" I said, stopping his stare.

"I just wonder why you didn't smile to Boa noona." Dongwoo said.

"I just don't." I answered, walking forward again, I realized that I had stopped to answer his question.

He caught up to me once more, "You don't smile in general or you don't smile at women?" He asked.

"I don't have to answer that question." I told him as I continued walking towards the elevator of the building.

"But I'm curious." He pouted slightly. "Besides, Hoya told me about what happened in class with you and Woohyun I apologize for his behavior as well." He bowed.

"Are you friends with him as well? I saw him with you during lunch but it seemed like you were picking on him." I responded.

"He was being a big ball of grease. So we were teasing him, it's all in good fun." Dongwoo answered, letting me walk into the elevator first.

This boy was polite at least, I made a mental note of that to myself. This was something to store in case I needed some help again, I definitely had no plans of asking Woohyun for any help.

"So why didn't you smile for Woohyun?" Dongwoo pushed on.

"You never give up, do you?" I asked him.

"Not until I get a decent answer." He replied.

"Well, Woohyun is a big ball of grease like you said." I told him.

"I knew it!" Dongwoo fist pumped the air.

"Why does it matter to you?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

"I'm just happy that Woohyun can't woo every girl he looks at." Dongwoo shrugged.

"Well, maybe I'm just special." I walked away, towards the elevator and he followed.

"Jooyeon, why did you push everyone away?" He asked.

"I don't push people away, I just don't let people in." I told him and he gave me a look.

"What?" I asked him.

"That's the same thing, Jooyeon." He said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Who said that we were this close to each other to begin with?" I spat.

"You're the one that didn't stop me from talking to you." Dongwoo pointed out.

"I'm stopping you now." I crossed my arms and looked away.

"Point taken." Dongwoo said as he moved away from me in the elevator.

It was silent for a while, until it got awkward.

"Can I ask one more question?" Dongwoo said.

I sighed, "If you must."

"What if someone could get you to smile?" Dongwoo asked.

"That person would have to try very hard, and be persistent. Patience would be important." I answered.

"So what if I made a deal with you?" Dongwoo asked.

My mind immediately connected the thoughts and stared at him, "You really want to make me smile? There's a lot more to me than meets the eye, you know." I told him.

"I know and that's what makes me curious and why I want to make it my mission to see you smile." Dongwoo said with a smile on his face.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked him. "I'm not some specimen that you can try things out on."

Dongwoo's face fell slightly, "I don't think of you like that. I just think that everyone deserves to be heard and it takes more muscles to frown than to smile." He said.

I listened to his words and thought about it for a bit, there was some truth to them. "Then, I shall wish you good luck. Because you'll need it." I told him.

"So when are you free?" He asked grinning.

 

Author's Note:
Long time no update, huh?
Again.. Yeah, I know. I'm working on it..
Please wait for me.. This or the other Dongwoo fic will get spam updates soon..
once I finish up the fics I've had since at least April..
Enjoy ^^V