Chapter 2 - First Day of School

Can You Smile For Me?

 

"Have fun dorming, call us every so often." My mother said putting on a show.

 

"Yes, mother." I said, acting along.

 

"Okay, goodbye, darling." My mother said sweetly before speeding away.

 

I knew that my parents were just dying to get rid of me, the Ice Princess, the mistake child that they never meant to have.

 

That's me Song Jooyeon and here's to my first day of college.

 

I walked with my luggage and other things to find my dormitory, it was assigned beforehand.

 

East Wing of Building D, floor 3, room 1122.

 

I was supposed to have a roommate, but they said she wouldn't arrive until later in the school year.

 

I picked the bed away from the window and started to unload my things. I packed simply because I didn't have too many things and I really didn't want to deal with anything unnecessary.

 

After I finished that, I walked around looking for the computer lab. I had to print out my schedule.

 

I would have done it at home, if I could use the printer. But I wasn't allowed.

 

People wandered in the hallway and all of them just stated at me.

 

I was used to it by now, people always said I looked so angry.

 

I just refused to smile anymore that's all. It didn't mean I was angry.

 

After several turns, I found it but inside was a loud bunch. Keeping my anger inside, I entered and found an empty computer.

 

Logging in to my school account was no problem and finding my schedule was also not a problem.

 

"Hey I have that class too." A voice breathed on my shoulder.

 

I turned to see that it was one of the boys that were making loud noises. He had big eyes, full lips and a wide smile on his face.

 

It bothered me a bit but I kept it in. "May I help you?" I said, harsher than I intended but nevertheless the words were already out there.

 

"You look unhappy, would you like to join me and my friends? We were just playing a game. Name is Dongwoo." He said, holding on his hand.

 

I took it politely and shook, "I'm sorry but I have to get back to my dorm. I only came to print out my schedule."

 

Hopefully he would get the message. I didn't see the point in being ecstatic over a game.

 

"Oh, I see." He said softly, and maybe a bit defeated, "Well I guess I'll see you in class."

 

He took my paper out of the printer and handed it to me before walking away.

 

How interesting. Someone was actually kind enough to invite me to hang out with them, despite being mean looking.

 

Accepting this new curiosity and pondering several ideas, I walked out and headed back to my dorm.

 

On the way back, I realized that I had actually gotten lost..

 

"Need help?" A guy with eyes shaped like crescents asked me.

 

"Umm.. I guess so. I'm just a bit lost. I have to get back to the girls' dormitory." I admitted.

 

"Oh, you're definitely lost then." He smiled, "The girls' dormitory is in that direction," He pointed in the opposite way, "And on your left when you reach the big globe."

 

"That's where I was supposed to go..." I mumbled and followed his directions.

 

"My name is Sunggyu and I'm the RA for the boys dormitory. Do you know who the girls' RA is?" He asked me.

 

He was being kind to me but I didn't want to deal with kindness.

 

Kindness is never free, everyone in this world is out to get something from you. That's why they do kind things so you'll do whatever favor they ask when the time comes.

 

"No, I don't. But it's okay. I'll find out later." I assured him walking away, I didn't need him thinking he could ask for a favor in the future.

 

"Wait, I can introduce you two. It's not hard and the RAs are supposed to know all their residents." Sunggyu said, following me.

 

Two people in a row showing kindness to me. That was a miracle.

 

"She's right there. Yenny!" He shouted, calling the girls attention.

 

"What's up, Sunggyu?" She said, turning to him.

 

"She's one of your new residents, sorry I didn't catch your name?" He asked me.

 

"Jooyeon. Song Jooyeon." I said.

 

"Oh, yes. I was just about to go to your room and introduce myself." Yenny said.

 

"Her real name is Ye Eun, but she prefers to be called Yenny." Sunggyu said, rolling his eyes.

 

"Don't hate because boys are harder to handle, Gyu." Yenny said playfully at him with a laugh.

 

She could easily smile like that. How was that possible?

 

Maybe she was loved, not like me. The mistake child.

 

"Well, nice to meet you, Yenny. I still have to unpack my bags." I told them with a bow and left.

 

"Let me know if you have any questions, okay? I am here to help." Yenny called after me.

 

Three kind people in one day, wow, what an interesting first day of school.

 
 
Author's Note:
Okay. :) After this. I think that's all.
Gotta finish the rest~~
But My AMAZING DONGSAENG IS GIVING ME A POSTER :)
So I had to put some chapters up so it would help..
Since I am such a bad mood deciding person. XD