Waiting For the Plane

The End

 

I looked around the airport as I saw people milling around, dealing with their own lives and problems.

A young couple arguing by the café, a small child crying in the middle of the walkway, obviously lost and looking for his mother. I sighed as I turned to my right and looked at my mother, who had just bought the both of us coffee as we waited for our time to board the plane. We were in Los Angeles California and had just booked a flight to Seoul, South Korea a couple days ago. We were going for the sole purpose of seeing my best friend in the entire world for the first time in about 4 years. I was shaking with excitement as I thought about the fact of seeing her in such a long time.

 Back in 6th grade I was new to school and had no friends at all. I remember being bullied and picked on countless times, times where I just felt like giving up. Then one day as I was walking home from school, eyes b with tears for being called a “fat cow” for the nth time, I saw a bruised and cut-up girl sitting by the swing-set, crying as a group of older boys pulled at her hair and made her stand up in front of them. Without thinking I immediately ran toward the group of boys and started shouting at them and shoved them away from the girl. They were so caught off guard that they just stopped and backed away with a shocked expression on their faces.

“Hey, lets just get out of here, there’s no use in bothering ugly pieces of trash.”One of the boys said. The group of boys ran away and I turned back to the girl that they were messing with. Now that I had gotten a closer look at her, I recognized her as being a girl in my music class, Lee Sora. She had always stayed in the back of the room, quietly minding her own business as I, the new girl in class, got constantly picked on for being “ugly”. No one really bothered her for being quiet, so I never really paid attention to her.

She looked up at me with red puffy eyes as she proceeded to step closer to me and gave me a tight hug.

“Thank you so much…”she sobbed as she sniffled in my hair.

From that day on, Sora and me became best friends ever since. I never really did ask her what caused the group of boys to harass her that day, nor did I ever really ask her why she was by herself bruised and cut up near the swing set. We just did everything together, and after that day I didn’t bullied as much anymore. Most of the girls in class respected Sora, and after she had established that we were inseparable they no longer paid attention to me. Middle school flew by in a blink of an eye, and before I knew it I had entered High school without Sora, for she had moved back to Korea after her father passed away. It was an awful, tragic time for both of us, as we got separated for the first time since 6th grade. I made lots of new friends throughout middle school, but none of them ever came close to the friendship Sora and I had. I made a promise to her to visit her after my summer break of 11th grade. I was 17 and had finally convinced my mom to come with me to South Korea to visit Sora and hopefully convince her to let me study over there after high school.

            I sighed as middle school memories flashed through my head. It had been a long time since I had been bullied for being “fat” or “ugly” and I remembered coming home every day of middle school and crying my eyes out for not being like the other girls. It had been nearly 4 years since then, and had lost nearly all of my baby fat. I was finally taller than my mom who stood at 5’6 ft., and had grown my dark brown hair out and learned how to take care of my acne problem.

            I sipped my coffee as I sat next to my mom while we waited for the call for our plane to board. I was so happy as I thought about the fact of traveling to South Korea. Shortly after I had met Sora, she introduced me to kpop and I fell in love with it instantly. Her favorite groups were SHINee and Super Junior, while I loved Big Bang and B2ST.

My mom got up as she pointed over to where people began lining up to board the plane. I shot straight up and we walked over to the line ready to board our plane.


Sorry for any typos! I had to do this really quickly :) Please comment if you like the plot so far, It really helps me trying to figure out how to carry the story on you know? ^^