The Lunch Box of Destiny and the Cake Shop Angel?

My Gangsta Boy

Chapter 10: The Lunch Box of Destiny and the Cake Shop Angel?

 

 

". I fell asleep." I drag my feet into the kitchen while my eyes were still half open. I was beginning to feel the pain on the back of my neck because of my awkward sleeping position. Aish, stiff neck. I slowly rub the back of my neck to ease the pain.

 

I opened the fridge and took a sip of my orange juice straight from the bottle. Hmmmm~ Refreshing. While I was drinking my orange juice, I shifted my eyes to my digital clock.

 

"Omo. 4:20 pm? Aish. I need to buy food."

 

With that, I exhaled deeply as I walk to get my bag, which was lying on top of the table. I opened my black, Jansport bag. And there, I saw a red lunch box.

 

"Aish! The lunch! I totally forgot to eat it!"

 

I uncovered the plastic containter and took a glimpse of what inside. Omo. The red, box shaped container was divided into three parts. Two smaller areas and a larger one. Kekeke. Cute~

 

"Kekeke. You saved me from going outside!" I whisper as I placed the container into the microwave and heat it. The container is microwave-safe, don't worry. Kekeke.

 

I went near the table and plopped myself onto the chair while holding the lunch. "Hmm. Kimchijeon, bin dae duk and jumuk bap? Aish. It's delicious." I said as I took a bite. "Ahjumma, I'll be sure to thank you tomorrow. Kekeke."

 

After eating, I had a mental debate whether I should go out or not. Aigoo. I washed the lunch box and put it on top of the table to let it dry. I wipe my hands with a towel and I pulled my hood to cover my blonde hair. I took my bag, slipped into my shoes and then headed outside.

 

I wanted to go down the apartment as fast as I could, scared of seeing President Jung. I don't want to see her right now. Deliberately avoiding the elevator, I headed towards the staircase and went down as fast as I could. My residence was on the 6th floor. Whew! As I reach the ground floor, I observed the surroundings carefully. Kekeke. I feel like a ninja. I scanned from left to right, eyeing the white walls, the marble floor and the potted plants near the mailboxes that was located near the apartment entrance.

 

I could also spot a security guard that was playing with his phone and a small child with a her hair tied to a top knot, wearing a lemon-colored dress. She was dragging her mother outside, pleading to go to the playground. Kekeke. Omo! Her mom looks young.. She had long, jet-black hair and an innocent look on her face. Aish! No time for eyeing at girls! After seeing that the coast was clear, with no signs of any evil entities, I quickly ran out of the building.

 

"Aigoo. Now where should I go?"

 

I walked around aimlesly, occasionally looking at people. Hmmm. I guess looking like a bad guy has its own advantages.. People avoid me while walking into streets, like I had some kind of an invisible wall. Kekeke. I find that convenient. My eyes were glued onto the ground. I stopped as I looked around my surroundings.. Hmmm. This place seems familiar. I stopped at a cake shop just a block away from my school. Aish. I want to go in. Feeling a little curious about the shop, I went inside.

 

"Oh. It smells good.."

 

The cake shop smelled like coffee. There were quite a number of people here, mostly from the neighboring schools. I checked my hood and it's still on top of my head, covering my hair. With that, I sling my bag onto my right shoulder and took a glimpse at the cake display. Omo. The cakes here looked delicious. There are cupcakes with different toppings too. I run my fingers through the display.

 

Chocolate Mousse Cake.. Caramel Cake.. Lots of fruit cakes.. Then there's lots of Cheesecakes.. Omo! Something caught my eye as I was looking at the display. I wanted to eat that. Kekeke. I look around and noticed that a girl was watching me. She was behind the cake display. An employee? Kekeke. She wore a short, pink summer dress, with a light beige-colored lapel collar and she had an apron on. Kekeke. Cute uniform. She had her name plate but I couldn't read it. Aish.

 

"Hello, could I help you with something?" The girl asked me. I looked at her and.. Omo.. She tilted her head to the right and slowly, our eyes were connected. Her lips slowly formed to a curve as she smiled at me. I remained silent for a few moments.. I couldn't stop looking at her dazzling, crescent eyes. Aigoo. Pretty~ I snap out of my daydream and I forgot what cake I was about to order. Aish. Fail fail fail. I took a glance at the display again.

 

"A slice of blueberry cheesecake, please."  Oh. I accidentally said it in english. I looked at her and she gave me an assuring nod.

 

"Okay, blueberry cheesecake, it is." What? Am I hearing things? She spoke in English! Not ENGRISH, but.. American english? Omona!

 

As I was about to pay for my cake, I asked her in English..

 

"Erm, are you Korean? Your english is pretty good. Hehehe. Please put my cheesecake in a box~ Since your shop's box is cute. Hehehe." Eww. I'm sure I sounded like a weirdo. Aish.

 

"Oh, I'm actually American and Korean.That's 5000 won, sir." She sent me her pretty smile.. Aigoo~ I took out a 5000 won bill from my wallet and gave it to her.

 

"Oh really? From which state? Gosh, I miss speaking in english. Hehehe. I don't see that much people willing to talk to me in english. Hehehe." She handed me a box with my cheescake. I looked at my back and I saw that people were waiting in line. Omo. I took my cheesecake and put it at the palm of my hands, like it was.. Ermm.. Holy? Sacred? Kekeke.

 

"Hehehe." She giggled as she looked at the way I put the box of cheesecake on my palm. "Oh, sorry sir, let's talk next time." 

 

"Okay, Miss...?" Aish. I need to get her name. Kekeke. Total creeper.

 

"Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang." And once again, she smiled at me. Aigooo. Those crescent eyes~

 

"Alrighty, bye Tiffany. I'm Amber, by the way." I smiled at her and I made my way to a table at the corner of the shop.

 

She waved her hand at me and bowed. I look around the shop, making sure that she was waving at me. I point to myself, probably looking like a dork, asking her if she was referring to me. Kekeke. I don't wanna look like an idiot.

 

She gave me a nod and I waved back, while smiling like an idiot.

 

Dugeun.. Dugeun.. Omo?

 

Another heartburn?

 


 

Hehehe Amber is getting lots of heartburns lately

>.< I'm still not used to using imagery.

Hehehe thanks for your comments, guys.

I want to improve my writing.. >.<

Thank you fmaXp3rt you really were a great help. Hehehe jjang!!

right now, you're writing is like "there is a cat on next to the dog." if you apply tone "there is a golden cat next to the big fluffy white dog". <- Thanks for pointing this out. Hehehe it's a big help for me!

For those new writers / aspiring writers  that are reading my fic, I suggest you read the comments fmaXp3rt gave me. Hehehe it might help you too!

Special thanks to my friend, Sang Wan for telling me the names of some of the korean food we ate while we were playing ps3 at his house! Hehehe I hope you're reading this noobie. I liked those pancakes!! That's why I used them here! Hehehehe