Chapter 4

To Be With You

They awoke some time later, eyes squinting in the afternoon sun.

“Hey.” He said simply.

“Hey.” She responded.

“Did you have a good nap?” He watched as she rubbed her eyes.

“Mm…I dreamed about something good.” Her smile was still drowsy.

“What was it?” He propped his head up with a hand.

“I don’t know. I can’t remember.” She closed her eyes again.

“How do you know it was good, then?” He watched her, still enamored with the way she looked with sunlight playing against her features.

“Because I remember feeling happy.” She opened one eye to peek at him. “I can feel you staring at me.”

He laughed and flicked her on the nose. “Do you want to go?” he asked.

“If I can get up.” She said lazily. “It’s really comfortable, lying here.”

“Be that as it may,” he stood up and leaned down to pull her into a standing position, “we should probably leave soon. You can go home and take a nap in an actual bed before dinner.”

“Dinner?” she repeated. “What dinner? What else do you have up your sleeve?”

“I am a man of mystery.” He smirked.

Together, they repacked the basket and folded up the blanket. Hand-in-hand, they set off again back to the car. They made a pretty picture, the young couple, her bright pink skirt a shock of color next to his white ensemble, the green of the park surrounding them and fine white petals floating in the air.

When they got back, he walked her to her door and watched as she let herself in. “I’ll pick you up at six.” He kissed her goodbye, and waited until she had relocked the door to leave. She dropped her keys into the bowl by the entryway and took off her shoes. Sighing, she plopped herself down on the couch, taking a few minutes to indulge in what her mother called “mooning over Wooyoung” before pulling out a thick binder to review her latest batch of lyrics.