From the Other Side

From the Other Side

Tiffany walked into the private room nervously with the rest of Girl's Generation. She was used to performing at big concerts and outdoor venues, but she had never really sang at private parties before. The girls hadn't been given much information other than the fact that their client was a very rich man who was holding a birthday party for his daughter, and Lee Soo Man had told them to do their best.

"Tae Tae..." Tiffany whispered, with wide eyes as she saw that the members of Big Bang were in the room too. And he was there... "What are they doing here?"

Her eyes then met Taeyang's and her heart skipped a beat. He looked so much better in person.

"Maybe they were invited to perform too?" Taeyeon replied calmly. "We should go greet them."

"Annyeonghasaeyo So Nyuh Shi Dae imnida!" The nine girl's greeted, bowing in greeting to the five member boyband.

Their leader, G-Dradon, laughed, though not in an intimidating manner. "We don't need to be so formal. We've known each other for so long!"

"Old habits die hard." Tiffany chuckled, her eyes still looking at Taeyang's.

She blushed as Taeyang gave her an eye smile to which she reciprocated. They were both well known for their heartmelting eye smiles.

"We've already done our vocal warm ups, so we'll see you girls when the party starts, okay?" G-Dragon then said.

The boys then gave them a quick bow before leaving the door one by one, but Taeyang seemed to be glued on the spot. The other girl members had already all walked over to the stage, exercising their voices.

"Hi..." Tiffany nervously said in English, staring at her feet. She didn't know what else to say.

"Hi..." Taeyang replied just as shy.

Tiffany wanted to say something to him, but she found no words coming out of .

"Yongbae-ah! Come on! Our manager is waiting!" Seungri yelled from outside.

Taeyang smiled at her and nodded slightly before leaving the room.

"See you later..." He whispered, just loud enough for her to hear.

 

 

-----------

 

 

 

Yongbae couldn't stop looking at Tiffany as Girl's Generation sang on the stage for the birthday girl. Her eye smiles were just so beautiful and it left him breathless each time her eyes turned into crescent moons.

He could see Jiyong smirking at him from the corner of his eyes, probably already noticing what was going on being his best friend and all. And actually, Jiyong had known about his feelings for this certain eye smiling girl for quite some time... ever since Girl's Generation had made their debut.

"Do you like her that much?" Jiyong asked, still smirking. "You haven't stopped staring at her since she walked into this room! You're making yourself so obvious!"

Youngbae shrugged, blushing slightly. He was too shy to say anything.

A couple of minutes later, Girl's Generation's sub-unit TaeTiSeo were singing 'Twinkle' and Tiffany's husky voice rang in his ears. Ever since their debut way back in 2007, he had been listening to her melodic voice, listening to Girl's Generation just to hear her. He was a silent and shy admirer of hers. Forever and always.

Yonugbae mouthed the words every time it was Tiffany's part, hands sweating from the excitement. The other sounds in the room: the cheering, the clapping, the music - everything - just seemed to vanish, and all he could hear was her.

When the song came to an end, Youngbae instinctively got to his feet and clapped his hands. Jiyong was laughing right next to him.

Tiffany then met his eyes and they kept them locked. She left him breathless... so shocked. And with a look of determination in his, Youngbae decided that he was going to pluck up the courage to go talk to her today. 

He wasn't going to be a nervous wreck anymore.

And so, he walked over to her from the other side of the room.