Baby Love (Two-Shot)

Baby Love (Two-Shot)

**  Ok, this was supposed 2 b a oneshot but I ended up writing a twoshot instead.  Anywy, hope y'all like it (^.^).  Here it is, enjoy....  **

CHAPTER 1: BEAUTIFUL ANGEL

 

The little 6-year-old boy was bored out of his mind.  He hated Sunday!  He could never understand why his parents always brought him to this boring place they called ‘church’ every Sunday and forced him to sit quietly with them listening to some strange old man talking about the things his young mind could never grasped.

And what’s up with him?He wondered. 

He couldn’t make sense of why the old man always wearing a long dress?  From his understanding, a man should always wear pants or shorts and shirt; only girls wear dresses.  Even a young man like him knows this most important rule. 

He must be really coo-coo in the head, he concluded, remembering his 9-year-old older sister’s simple explanation when he asked her about it one time.

Not that he could really trust his sister’s words since she herself sometimes is weird too.  But looking at the old man right now, he preferred to believe in her sister’s wisdom.

And why did everyone keep calling him ‘Father’ is beyond him.  Even his parents called him that all the times.  The whole ‘father’ thing really confused him.  He would understand if the old man is his harabeoji but he is not.  Not from his mother’s side nor is he from his father’s side.  Is everyone except him become ‘coo-coo in the head’ too when they come to this place?

Scratching his head, he looked up at his father who was sitting quietly by his side.  His father looked down and smiled at him as he ruffled his hair fondly before paying his attention back to the coo-coo gown-wearing old man talking on the stage again.

Urghh!!!  When is this going to be over?He sighed.

Couldn’t content himself by just sitting still anymore, he turned to look behind him and started to check everyone out, trying to kill his boredom.

That ahjumma is mommy’s friend. He started his evaluation quietly before his eyes moved to the man next to her.

That ahjusshi, whoaaa…, where did his hair go?He wondered as his gaze graced the man’s round baldhead that reminded him of his toy bowling ball at home.

Then he spotted his friend’s father sitting next to his wife behind the bald headed ahjusshi and for the first time since he walked inside the place half an hour ago he felt a little excited.

Quickly moving his gaze from Soo Won's parents, he started looking for him. 

“Oh, where’s Soo Won?” he whispered to himself as his eyes kept wandering everywhere when he couldn't find him.

And that’s when he saw her! 

There sat on the bench a little to the left not too far away from Soo Won’s parents was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen in his life.  He seriously thought he had just seen an angel.

With a mouth formed in a big O, he stared at her in awe.

As he stared at her, he realized that the girl was a little older than him but that didn’t take away the fact that she was still without a doubt the prettiest girl he had laid his eyes on.  He had met many pretty girls at his kindergarten and the girl’s beauty few feet away in front of him right now outshined all of them.

Suddenly she noticed him looking at her and she stared back at him, looking a little annoyed.

He smiled and waved at her but instead of smiling and waving back, she made a face and sticking her tongue out at him.

He thought that was very funny of her to do that.  Laughing quietly to himself, he covered his mouth with his hands, not wanting to attract any unwanted attention for interrupting the old man talking.

She’s funny!He thought and liking her even more now.

Suddenly he saw her got up from the bench and walked out of the church.

Frowning, Oh oh, where is she going? He wondered, feeling a little disappointed as he watched her opened the door and walked out of the door. 

An idea came to his mind and he tugged on his father’s sleeves.  When his father looked at him and leaned down to hear what he wanted to say, he immediately whispered in his father’s ear.

“I need to go to the bathroom,” he said, holding his tummy and made a face as if his tummy was hurting.

“Ok, go.  You know where it’s at,” Mr. Kwon whispered back.

Little Jiyong smiled happily.  His plan works.  He quickly jumped off the bench and ran to the door.  If only his father knew that he just told a fib, that the restroom wasn’t really the place that he really needed to go to, he definitely would be in a big trouble.  But at that moment he didn’t really care.  He’d do anything to follow the pretty girl.

Outside the church, his eyes started searching for her but she wasn’t anywhere in sight in the church front.

“Where is she?” he asked himself loudly.

Running to the left side of the building, he went to check around the area but she wasn’t anywhere there.  He wanted to call out for her yet he couldn’t.  He didn’t know her name.  Then, he ran to the opposite side of the building and his face brightened immediately.  The pretty girl was playing with the sand in the church’s play yard. 

So happy and relief that he had found her, he ran to her but not before he make sure that his hair and his clothes were all neatly in place.  He’d heard somewhere before that first impression was very important to impress.  And he wanted to impress this girl very much.

With an eager smile on his face he greeted her when he reached her.

“Hi,” said.

She ignored him and kept doing what she was building with the sand.

“What are you doing?” he tried again as he squatted down by her, pretending like he was interested in what she was doing even though that wasn’t what he was really curious about.

She kept ignoring him.

Having no intention of giving up, “Can I help?” he asked again. 

No matter what, it was very important for him to make friend with her before the church ended.  But she still kept her silence and kept playing with the sand.

“Can I help?” he asked again. 

She still wouldn’t respond to him. 

Feeling a little discouraged by her lack of interest in him, he took one of the candies he had in his pocket out and was about to eat it when she suddenly looked up from what she was doing and looked at him.

“Can I have that candy?” she asked, smiling at him for a second before moving her gaze to the candy on his hand.

He gulped.  Once again he was awestruck by her beauty.  For a few seconds he wasn’t able to say anything but staring at her.  She looked 10 times prettier closer like this than when he first saw her from afar inside the church earlier.  

Such pretty eyes, he thought. 

They were the prettiest eyes he had ever seen.  Not many people he knew had big and round bright eyes like hers.   Her straight long hair looked silky soft.  Her cute chubby cheeks were a little pinkish as if somebody just pinched them.  Her nose is small and tall.  In his eyes, everything about her is pretty.  Even her pretty green flowery dress complimented her very well.

“Can I have the candy?” she said again, interrupting his thought.

“Nae?” he asked, not really paying attention to what she was saying to him.

“Well, can you at least share it with me, please?” she asked politely. 

Her eyes were silently begging him as he looked at him.

“Oh, yes!  Here, you can have it,” he said and handed the candy to her gladly.

Giggling, she happily took it from him.

“Thank you!” she said gratefully and immediately put it in . 

“I have more, if you want some more later,” he offered, making sure that she knew.

She nodded her head at him.  Her eyes twinkled brighter when she heard that and nodded her head at him.

It looked like to him that as long as he had the candies, she would stay friendly with him.  Although he wanted her to like him even without the sweets but right now it didn't really matter.  Whatever works, as long as she’s talking to him.

He was very thankful to himself that he’d put bunch of candies inside his pocket before leaving for church this morning.  He’d learned from experience that he would be very bored sitting inside the church for over an hour listening to the priest preaching like every Sunday so he brought the candies with him.  At least he had candies to munch on while restlessly waiting for the church to be over with.  Little did he know that his candies will serve another purpose this morning and boy was he glad!

Holding a bucket and a toy hatchet in her hands, “Do you want to help me?” she asked him.

He smiled widely at her, nodded his head ‘yes’.  He knew now that she’d accept him to at least be her playing partner.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

“I’m trying to build my castle,” she replied.

“Here, you use the bucket.  I dig the sand with this,” she said, offering the bucket to him then started digging with her hatchet.

“Ok,” he said willingly.

And they started building her castle together, chatting and laughing happily while playing.  He kept stealing glances at the young girl every time she giggles and laughs.  And  the longer they played, the more he liked her….