Heart

Hands

Days after that hated announcement, everything was still all wrong. Nobody was relaxed, knowing that any day, half of us would have to leave. We were all suddenly overly nice to each other, afraid that one argument, one yell, would become the last words spoken and hasten the departure.

The dorm seemed like it had mood swings, sometimes with everyone laughing and talking, savoring the time we still had left with each other, while other times it would be completely silent, with all of us silently reflecting the times we’ve had with each other and the times to come.

Everyone had their own way of coping with the news. Some of the members threw themselves into the practices, as if hoping that if they did just a little better, we could all still be one group. Doing so seemed to get their minds off of everything around them, and practicing seemed to be the only way to get away from everything. Others moped around the house, going through the daily activities, but not focused on anything.

With Se Hun, I noticed he seemed to take the latter path, distancing himself from everything and everyone, only speaking when spoken to, and going through our practices without any emotions.

“Se Hun…” I muttered one day when I found him sitting in the quiet dorm, staring off into the Seoul sky. His expression was blank, as if he wasn’t really here. This wasn’t the Se Hun I knew.

“Oh, hi hyung.” He turned around, immediately plastering on a fake smile for me. I’d known him long enough though, and could see right through it.

“Tell me what’s wrong.” I said, sitting down next to him.

“Wh…what are you talking about?” He asked, averting his eyes away from me, hiding his face.

“Se Hun, you’re not being yourself…” I told him, watching his movements and body language carefully.

“I’m fine hyung,” He told me, his voice cold and emotionless.

I winced at his tone. I contemplated leaving him alone, but another look at his lonely expression immediately told me that he needed me.

“Hunnie, tell me what’s bothering you. Let me help. You’re…you’re worrying me…” I turned his face towards me, locking our eyes together.

His face softens at my words, and he puts his hand over mine. “I’m sorry Lulu. I didn’t mean to worry you…it’s just…this isn’t fair.”

“I know it’s not. But we can’t change it…” I lean my head on his shoulder, looking at the dark sky. The grey clouds and heavy wind seemed to reflect our thoughts exactly.

“Why would they do this? Why wouldn’t they tell us before? We…we all got close with each other and they, they knew that! How can they just rip us apart?” His voice returned to the harshness before, and he spat the words out with force.

“Shh…Hunnie it’ll be okay. It wasn’t their fault. They just wanted to broaden their horizons and move into China too,” I tell him.

Se Hun sighed. His hand was still in mine, and he started making different designs on it.

I closed my eyes, smiling at his constant movement. It felt good, the way his fingers traced shape after shape onto my hand. Triangle. Circle. Square.

“I just wish it were different,” He whispered, pausing a little in his drawings before tracing a figure that had me catch my breath.

Heart.

He stopped, looking at me sadly with those lovely eyes.

“Me too. I wish this didn’t have to happen,” I told him, taking my other hand and softly tracing a shape on his hand.

Heart.

Se Hun looked over at me, wrapping both his hands over mine and holding them tightly, as if by doing so, they couldn’t take us away from each other. As if, maybe, we wouldn’t have to separate if he held on just tight enough.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! So sorry I haven't updated in a few days...my internet's been down D: it's been horrible lol. But anyways, yeah, here it is! Hope you like it so far :) again, thanks for reading!