Chapter 1

{Two-Shot}Those Pair of Stars

Those Pair of Stars
A Cinderella Story.

Chapter 1

Footsteps clattered among the darken entrance way. Candle lights that tilted on the faded white columns guided the passageway with wispy and sparkling light. The magical twinkling stars burst out its brightness as it claimed the sky as their own, leaving the lonely moon settle down thousands of miles away from their cluttered crowd. Yet, it will only be soon till the moon reclaim its territory from the night. Till then though, it was time to settle wishes upon the stars.
“I can't believe we're doing this.” Ellen gasped as they walked through the entrance way. Tina grinned.
“Same here! This is so amazing!” She exclaimed.
“No this is not amazing, this is frightening! If
she hears about this, we'll be in big trouble!” Ellen warned.
“If none of us tells it to her then we'll be fine. Besides, that's why we're wearing masks see? This is the perfect party to go.” She explained. Ellen looked at both of them.
They both wore masquerade masks, each matching the colors of their dresses. They both wore elegant dresses. Tina wore a long A-line yellow dress. It was purely satin and had a ruffled skirt that climbed up to the left of her waist and sprouted yellow roses . The dress held strap clinging onto her neck with sparkling diamond at the back of her neck. Backless, the dress showed off her tan skin. Her was up in bumppit and her dangling dark hair was wavy and curly. She wore a yellow silky mask with a yellow rose and black feather marked their spot at the right side of it.
As for Ellen, she wore a strapless blue gown. It showed Ellen's body curves beautifully. From the chest and her waist, spotted diamond decorated over. The dress ruffled and fluffed all around from the waist to below and transformed into a darker blue then purple as the gown reached to her shins. The strings on her back crisscross to show a definite slim body figure. Her mask was light blue with a beautiful laser cut swan shape and Austrian crystals.
Still, Ellen worried. She is more aware of the situation they put themselves in.
“Still! If she realize we're gone, we'll be history!”
“That's why we'll get back before she'll even notice. You worry too much Ellen. Have some fun for once!” She teased.
“But what if she-” Tina stopped in front of her and interrupted her.
“Oh Ellen, stop being a stick in the mud and enjoy the night. We only live young once!” Tina exclaimed, “Never have we ever get to live our life like how we wanted. I just want this one night...
one night to be perfect. I promise we'll get back by 12. I will make sure we won't get into trouble.” She plead to her dearest sister. Ellen sighed. It was true. Never had they get to have such fun. It was because so Ellen was afraid. They never done this before. But, she wanted her sister to be happy.
“Fine. Very well. But, I just hope we won't get caught.” Ellen gulped. With that, Tina smiled gracefully and jumped.
“Come on, the party already started!” Tina grabbed Ellen's hand and hurried along. Even with much excitement, Tina knew what was held in Ellen's mind. Both knew how the undesired truth of the future portrayed to them if they had broken their promise to themselves. Both girls reminisce their unforgettable pasts as they managed through till this day.


******Reminiscing******

Glass shattered onto the floor gruesomely. Two little girls cringed their bodies together. They held onto one another tightly. Broken tears dominated their swollen pure faces.
You both are the worst kids I've ever met! This is ridiculous! Even this little thing you cannot do.” She shouted at the top her lungs. The girls closed their eyes tightly as they once more was burden with this fate. They whimpered quietly as in front of them was a witch from beyond. Never have they ever met such person. Nonetheless, they held their tongues from troubles. At the door, stood a child. Her eyes glared at the girls. Her lips curved at the side upwards. By her cheek, a purple mark planted on her face newly and yet, she was satisfied every moment. The girls knew she could not be of help, after all it was her that began such commotion. Her mom looked over at those poor girls.
Stop crying! Aish! Its so annoying! You better shut up before your dad comes home!” The witch warned. She walked over to her daughter that stood quietly and bend down, “Come baby, let mommy put some ointment to that bruise. Poor baby.” Her eyes looked at the crying girls with hatred/
You guys better have this mess cleaned up before your dad comes back!” She grab the child's hand before she left. The child smirked as she walked away with her mother. The saddened girls looked at one another with fear.
Ellen...we didn't even hit her. We didn't even do anything wrong. Why is she yelling at us?” wondered the innocent girl. Ellen hugged her and patted the back of her head.
I don't know either Tina. Let's just be patient until Daddy comes home.”
“I don't like her Ellen. I miss our mom so much.”
I know. I miss Mommy a lot too. I don't like her either. I don't know why Dad married her.” They sat quietly with one another as they both sniffled from their pained hearts.
...Ellen?” Tina looked at Ellen.
What?”
My leg feels funny.” Ellen looked over at her younger sister's leg. There on her right calf, was a scratched from the broken glass.
You're bleeding Tina!” She gasped. Blood oozed out from the wound. Ellen quickly snatched some paper towel and covered it over the wound, “Do you feel any pain?”
Tina shook her head. Oddly, Tina had cried over her heart to feel anymore pain.
I'm ok. This don't hurt me as much as how much I hate her.” She angrily admitted.
Sshh! Lets not talk about this anymore. She might hear us! You sit here and I'll sweep up the broken glass okay.” Ellen whispered. Ellen let Tina hold onto the paper towel on her leg as she walked over and grabbed a broom.
But Ellen! We didn't even break the glass! She got mad and slammed it onto the floor!” The truth stated. Yet, Ellen ignored it.
Either way, we have to listen to her. She's our new mom now alright.”
One day, I promise...I'll get us out of this Ellen. I'll take you and Daddy away from that evil witch and her daughter.” Ellen did not reply. Instead, she started sweeping scratched broken glasses carefully. But even as many years past by, things are still the same, besides the fact that the one they truly love had gone to paradise to see their true mom when they were teenagers.

******End******

They revealed the inside as they unsealed the barrier. Their eyes stared at the magnificence. White chandeliers ran across the grand hall. Red carpet scattered all over the room. At the center of the grand hall, held a stage with a dance floor. People in costumes and masks distributed around the room. It is a masquerade party after all. Many costumes in many exotic colors definitely bring out the brightness of the party. This room was filled with a combination of laughter, dancing, singing, and having a brilliant fun time. It was definitely the party of the year. There was so many people, it was hard to count how many people were there! Ellen and Tina gazed in awe as they was filled with amazement.
“Wow, everything here is so awesome!” Tina gazed. They had a moment of silence awing its beauty. Ellen smiled heavenly and looked at Tina.
“So what do you want to do first?” asked Ellen. Tina looked around. Her eyes were caught onto something. There, she felt excited and patted onto Ellen's shoulder and pointed.
“Hey, hey! Lets go over there!” Ellen looked at the pointing finger. Her eyes looked toward that direction. It was the dance floor. Oh boy, it was what they loved to do. Dancing. In the middle of the dance floor, was a space available for them, “Lets so everyone our moves!” Tina joked. She laughed. Ellen giggled along and nodded her head. They rushed over to the dance floor.
Tina and Ellen dodged people after people like fishes jumping out of the lake. Here and there people came all around. But thankfully, they manage to escape their traps and settled down to their destination. They positioned themselves as they followed the dance routine along with everyone on the floor. The up-beat music began. Drums beating, the stereos pumped out, and the singers roared. Ellen, who was more feminine, positioned herself as the female partner and Tina acted as the 'male' partner. Hand in hand, they danced with their hearts out. They smiled as they had fun. Twisting and turning, filled their hearts with happiness. They no longer cared about their own problems in real life at the moment. They didn't care who looked at them. Nothing else matters but the music and themselves. Their laughs filled the room as everyone at the dance floor watching the two crazy girls shaking their bodies. Tina and Ellen ignored everyone's eyes.
Finally, the music ended with a blast. Tiresome, they walked out of the dance floor and towards where the drinks and food held. They happily helped themselves with a drink from the food table.
“Oh boy! That was so much fun!” Tina shouted.
“I'm exhausted!”
“Already? Girl, I can do this all night long!” Tina placed her glass onto the table and swirled around, twisting her dress all around as it spins widely. Her eyes closed and she spin around. She was enjoying the moment of a lifetime. You only live to be young once, her motto. Ellen laughed at her younger sister. She had such a carefree heart. Even with such burden they had been placed on, nevertheless she always find the time to be happy with life. Without a moment in despair, Ellen had forgotten about their promise and just enjoyed the blissful party.
It was only seconds till a moment sparked. With her eyes still closed, she spun forward. She didn't realize where she was heading though. The next moment, she bumped into a figure as it caught her in its arms. Then clumsily, she stepped on its toes. He pulled a slight groan. She gasp surprisingly.
“Oops! I'm sorry!” apologized Tina. Ellen had watched the accident and rushed over. Tina looked up at the person. There, was a guy in a black suit in red tie. He had on a full black mask with red swirls around his mask. His hair was slick dark and smooth. He looked down at this short girl that was just about tall as his shoulders.
“Its alright. Just watch where you're going next time.” The guy said. It sounded as though he was bothered, figured Tina. The mask covered his whole face so she didn't know what he looked like. She awkwardly laughed.
“Haha uh..I kinda got too carried away with myself.” She admitted. Ellen came over.
“Is everything alright?” asked Ellen. Tina looked over at her.
“Everything is fine. Don't worry.”
“I'm not sure about that...” the guy muttered. He looked down at his foot, “You stepped on my toe earlier now it starting to hurt.” She looked over at his foot and gasped.
“Oh I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to do that! Is...is it bleeding or something?” Tina worried.
“I'm not sure. I don't think so. I think I'll just sit over at a table and rest for awhile.” He sighed started to walked toward a table and sat down. Tina watched him as he walked away. She felt utterly guilty for hurting him. Her smile slipped off her face as she watched the poor guy. She can tell he wasn't so happy. Ellen didn't realize what Tina felt. She smiled at her.
“Come on, lets go dance some more.” She grabbed Tina's hand and headed off. Tina hopelessly was pulled away while still staring at the lonely guy.


************

The girls danced once more at the dance floor. Tina showed little interest as her mind was still in guilt. Ellen hadn't paid attention and went with the flow of the music. Tina felt like her stomach was turned upside down if she didn't do anything. She didn't want to ruin person's night on a amazing party like this. If she was in his position, she wouldn't be too excited. She had to face consequences.
“I'll be right back alright!” Tina stated and walked away. Ellen stood there confused.
“Where are you going?!” Yet, Tina neglected her question and followed her instinct.
“H-hey! Wait for me!” Ellen called out, yet was unheard from the piercing music in their ears. She tried to get past the crazy crowd. She accidentally bumped onto a tall person, but didn't bother to look up. Instead, she pushed herself away to get out of the dance floor. As soon as she stepped out, Tina was nowhere to be found. Her eyes roamed the place. There was more people than when they first came in. It was hard to spot her tiny sister. Many people scattered all over. So many wore the same color like Tina; it was hard to distinguish her. Ellen walked around looking for her. Where could she be? Did Tina left to the restroom or what? She decided to check. It was awkward calling out someone's name in the bathroom with a hundred of other girls staring at you, but she did it anyways. Unfortunately, no luck. Perhaps she walked outside, she suggested. Clueless, the older sister decided to look outside through another set of colossal doors. She walked out of the grand hall, and into the mystic night.
Out of the doors, the sky glittered in glee. In front of her was a huge flower garden that was revealed. The music in the building was now with the background. She ignored the songs and continued her journey.
She awed at such beauty. Why can't she live in a beautiful place like this? It would be heaven to her. If only she can live in a place like this. It would be a dream come true. The scenery dazzled her eyes and heart. She passed on mystified while still looking for Tina.
“Tina...are you here? Where are you?” She whispered. Only the gentle breeze answered her call. It brushed against her face and played with her hair slightly. She hopelessly wanted to give up. What else to do? Without the slightest clue, she looked up to the stars.
The shining stars. It was one of her favorite things to look at. It reminded her of her mother. It twinkled to her and made her smile. When Ellen and Tina was still little, her mother would read them bedtime stories about stars and how they make wishes come true. She also remembered her mother telling them about stars.
There's a star in each one of you guys you know? If you look closely, you can see it.” Her mother explained.
Mommy, then can our stars make wishes too?” Innocent Ellen asked.
Haha, oh yes, but only special ones.”
Like what?” Tina now asked. She was excited hearing this.
Like...” Her mother thought, then smile, “like the star on Daddy that made me fell in love.”
They both never really understood what she was talking about, but was fascinated. They had always wonder what was their stars were and what wishes can they make. Growing up, stars had always reminded them both of her mother and father watching over them. Ellen sighed. She wishes both of her parents was still here.
“Beautiful isn't it?” A voice suddenly appeared out of the blue. Her heart stopped for a second. She swiftly turn. There, was a guy in a white buttoned up shirt with a black vest over. He wore black slacks. His hair was darkish orange, smooth, and flicked his bangs to the side of his forehead. On his face, was a mask that covered from his forehead to the tip of his nose. On the right, of it was right and the other half was black. Ellen was surprised by how this guy showed up. She stood quietly, wondering what he meant. He was staring at her, “The stars I mean.” He gestured.
Ellen made an 'Oh' look and nodded.
“Oh...yea. They are.” She agreed and smiled, “They...are actually my favorite thing to look at.”
“Really? Haha well then I can tell you one thing love as well is dancing.” He added and chuckled. She looked curiously. How did he know? He knew what she was thinking and decided to admit, “I saw you and the other girl dancing earlier. You guys danced pretty well.”
“Oh, haha um...” She blushed as he continued to smile at her. No guys ever looked at her like this before. Neither have them talked to her with such gentleness. Her heart pounded with warmth. She shyly looked away, not knowing whether to admit it or not.
Just at that moment, music blasted out of the building with a soft melody that captivated their souls. Breathtaking, they both turned to each other once more. The next moment, their eyes meet. He smiled as he walked forward.
“I know we just met and all, but...would you care to dance with me? It would be a pleasure for me to dance with such elegant lady.” He placed his palm right in front of her. Ellen noticed his hand and faced back to him.
“But I...” She was going to answer she couldn't. She needed to find her sister before it gets too late. Yet, nothing seem to came out of . open like a mute.
“But what?” Words came out of his instead, “Don't tell me you can't dance because I know you can. Unless, you don't want to dance with a guy like me.”
“No, that's not it...I...” Once more, she gazed upon his eyes. There was something about those pair of eyes that mesmerized her. It sparkled brightly. His dark eyes suddenly appeared as though it was the brightest thing she had ever seen. As it twinkled like star, she felt suddenly speechless. The small light within his eyes cast a spell into her mind. It blocked out every instinct of hers. Her heart had melted into her veins and nerves and took control of her conscious. She then completely forgotten everything about her quest. Gracefully, she placed her hand on top of his and smiled.
“I would love to.” Ellen finally responded. He sighed in relief. He too, looked into this sweet innocent eyes. It charmed him to the bottom of his heart. Slowly, the walked to an area within the garden. It was big enough for the two of them to dance. She set her right hand on his left shoulder as he took his left hand and placed it onto her right waist. Their other hands then collided with one another. Without a moment to waste, they took their first step.



************

He sighed as he continued to sat alone on his table. He didn't want to come to this party in the first place. Unfortunately, he had came with a friends and couldn't leave without them. He had to come because he was forced to. It was always the same things over again. The people, the gossips, the flirting, etc. Nothing in the world around them seem to interested in anything else but living in the high life. Does anyone even cared about anything else anymore?
“Is your foot okay?” A voice of a girl asked near him. He looked up and noticed the girl that bumped into him. She slowly sat in a chair in front of him, “I'm terribly sorry. I really didn't mean to step on your toe.” Guilt still lie down at the bottom of his stomach. He sighed. He had to tell the truth.
“Actually, my foot is okay. I was just saying that early to excuse myself from everyone.” He finally admitted. Tina's eyebrows suddenly raised up.
“What? Really? Oh, thank goodness. I feel a lot better now. I thought you couldn't go anywhere because of what I did.” Admitted Tina.
“Yea, well now you can go off and have fun. Alright?” Bothersome, he sipped from his drink he had on the table. She curiously wondered.
“Hey, why aren't you going to have some fun? Its a great night! Everyone should enjoy the night.”
“Look. I don't even want to come to this party in the first place, alright. So can I just be alone?” He stood up from the table and took off. Tina sat there blown away by his reaction.
He made his way over to a balcony and listened to the silent night. His eyes look out toward the open sky. He wish he can just be like one of those stars. Just be far up in the sky, and away from society. He isn't a cold person. He don't intentionally try to act like a lone wolf. He just typically want to spend a day without having to care what the society and everyone wants from him. Living the high life isn't the best, though most people would disagree. They never had a life like that. Heck, he would trade it for any other life. At least they have their independence and don't have to live up with their reputation.
Just a split second, a shooting star launched itself through the sky. He watch as it soared in the darkness.
“A shooting star!” someone called out. He turned. It was the girl, again. She rushed over and clung onto the balcony. Tina was in excitement as she saw one of her fulfilling desire. She jumped happily.
“Quickly, make a wish!” She demanded. Her hands collapsed within another and she closed her eyes. She began to mumbled some things. He couldn't hear her properly so he didn't know what she was wishing for. Nevertheless, he watched at this grown up lady and yet still believe in making wishes to shooting stars. He wanted to laugh. A sudden smile sprang up to his lips.
“You still believe in making wishes to shooting stars? That's for kids you know? Its not actually true.” He laughed. Afterward, her eyes lid up and unsealed both her hands. Tina turned to him.
“You can think what you want, I don't care. I think that if you believe in something, then its true. You don't need anyone else to tell you if its true or not.” With that being said, he couldn't help it but smile some more. No one ever talked like that to him before. It was a different vibe, yet he liked it. He looked up to the sky. The shooting star had finally vanish. He slowly nodded after what she said.
“Alright then. I respect of what you say. So then, what did you wish for?”
“I can't say. If I said it out loud, it won't come true.” She smirked.
“Well then how would you know if it'll come true or not?”
“Just wait and see I guess.” Tina looked up at the sky and watch the shining stars. She placed her elbow onto the balcony and rested her head onto her palm. She sighed, “Don't you wish... you can just be like those stars and live peacefully? Don't care about anything else. That would be amazing.”
Her eyes glittered like the stars as she gazed upon them. He looked into those enchanting eyes. There's just something about her eyes that is so interesting. He stared with such interest.
Tina noticed him looking at her. Awkwardly, she blushed and looked away.
“I um, I should get going now. Sorry if I bother you again. I'll let you be alone.” She admitted and was about to take off.
“Wait!” He suddenly cried out. She stopped.
“What?” She turned and watched him as he stuttered. For some reason, he couldn't speak came up the reason why. Why did he just said that suddenly? He didn't know himself. His face turned red. Thankfully, his mask was on so she couldn’t see how embarrassed he was. He tried looking for answers as he 'casually' looks around.
“Uh...” His eyes landed on the stars once more, Then, he triggered a thought, “Don't you want to wait a bit to see if there's another shooting star?” he asked. Tina thought for a moment.
“Is there another one coming?”
“Well, uh...perhaps. Usually when there is a shooting star, there's usually a few close by isn't it?” Soo Hyun thought. Was that eve true? It seemed likely though. Tina slowly nodded in agreement.
“Alright then. Make sense. I'll wait.” She grinned. He sighed happily and smiled as well. Just at that moment, the band began to play a soft and tender melody. It was sweet and enthralling. The slow melody tossed and turned and made its way over to the two of them. Tina watched the band played and grew once more in excitement.
“This is such a nice slow melody.” she commented. He too, listened to the captivating music.
“It is.” He agreed.
“Do you want to dance?” she suggested informally. Then, he gulped.
“Uh, I don't think so. I don't dance.” He finally admitted.
“What? You don't dance? Why not?”
“I can't dance!”
“Oh come on. Everyone knows how to dance.”
“Well then I guess I'm nobody since I'm not 'everybody' group you say.” he joked. She rolled her eyes.
“Alright. I'll teach you.” She walked closer to him.
“No, its alright. I don't do dances and never will.”
“Oh geez, stop being a stick in the mud and have some fun. Here, I'll show you.” Casually, she grabbed his right hand onto her left hand. Within that moment, Tina smiled. The warmth within the hands collide with each other. He too can feel the warmth within the two of them and smiled, though he was glad she couldn’t see this smile, “Okay. Now just bring your other hand here.”
She used her other hand and guided his to her waist. Then, she placed her hand onto his broad shoulder. Now, they were ready.
“Just follow my steps.” She ordered with a smile. He looked down at her toes. She took a step back with her right feet and he followed forward with his left. Tina then again shifted her foot. He preceded once more. They continued with this pattern as they danced upon the beautiful night by the balcony. She watched him as he slowly got the hang of it. Their eyes slowly drifted into each other views and gazed one another. A moment of electric energy tossed and turned between the two. Both hearts fluttered with butterflies. It felt as then the whole world had crumpled into blackness and all there was, was the two of them dancing the night away.


************

The music flew all around them. It swung and twisted itself around their intertwining bodies. Neither of them spoke a word yet. They both were lost into one another glimmering eyes. Smiles upon their faces spoke what they needed to say. The air was filled with wispy love spell that mist throughout the garden. Not a care in the world, they both stared upon one another.
“You're a really great dancer you know.” The guy complimented. Ellen blushed.
“Thanks. You are too.”
“I've never seen you before. Where are you from?” He politely asked. Ellen opened , but thought to herself before speaking. She didn't want to say about who she is. After all, this was a elite party. She knew her place in society was out of the question.
“Close.” She vaguely said.
“Close? Like how close?” He began to wonder.
“Close enough.” She grinned. He chuckled.
“Oh, I see! You're quite a secretive person huh?” She smiled from his statement, but did not respond. It was best that way. Instead, she left the guy with more curiosity about her. He grew interested in who this lovely person he was dancing with.
“Well then, how about this?” he suggested, “By twelve, masks are taken off and faces are revealed. Would you then tell me who are you are?” She giggled by that.
“Twelve? Haha I-” Before she can reply, her mind now suddenly returned to reality. She gasped. Twelve! Immediately, she broken off the dance and took a step back, “What time is it now?”
“Now? Its like...” He checked his time on his phone, “11:47. Why you ask?” Her eyes bulged wide open. Ellen quickly panicked.
“Oh no. I need to leave now. Before 12! I need to hurry back!” She hurriedly rushed back inside. He chased after.
“Wait! Hurry back where?!” He called. She ignored him and rushed inside to find Tina.


************

“See! I told you everyone can dance! You just need some practice.” Tina commented.
“Well all because of you.” He grinned. She blushed as they continued to dance. He watched her as she blushed. His eyes lowered to meet hers, “So may I get a name from you?” He wondered.
“My name?”
“Yes.” She wasn't sure whether to tell her name or not. She had just realize she was dancing with a stranger the whole time! Realizing this, she was astound. She shyly looked away.
“Um, if you tell me you're name first.”
“Really? Are you really?” He asked twice to make sure. She laughed and nodded, “Well then, I'll go first. My name is Shin Soo Hyun.” He finally said. She smiled at him sweetly as she finally knew who she danced with.
“Nice to meet you Shin Soo Hyun.” She greeted with a tease.
“Haha Now its your turn.”
“I'm-” She was cut off when Ellen saw her with him and rushed over.
“Hey! It's almost 12! We have to go now before its too late!” She demanded. Tina gasped. She had forgotten the time. She then took a step back from Soo Hyun.
“I-I apologized but I have to leave now.”
“Leave? But you can't. The party hasn't ended yet.”
“I know, I'm sorry, but I must! Good bye!” She said and ran over to Ellen.
“But! But I haven't got your name yet!” Soo Hyun shouted, “Come back!” Tina too ignored a man and hurried herself toward her sister.
Both girls met up in the middle of the room and nodded. They then ran as fast as they could out of the room before midnight came. The guys tried to chased after them. But, they stopped themselves as they reached the entrance. The girls was now nowhere to be found. The guys looked at one another curiously, then back at the darkness of the night.

Who are you​?Was what both guys were thinking. A magical night that twisted itself to a mysterious end.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
For my beautiful KissMe Roommate Ellen!! :D Just Another typical Cinderella story xD I actually wrote this chapter for awhile but never got the chance to post it up!^^ I'm in love with Cinderella haha. I'll admit. I'm old but I just love to watch Cinderella. And I"ll read any kind of cinderella story there is to. hehehe Can u guys guess who's Ellen's guy is?
OH BTW. I'll let you guys guess on what I meant by the 'pair of stars' hehe..i think you all probably figured it out since i 'hinted' it a few times already. But like cinderella 'pair of glass slippers' the 'pair of stars' is what made the thing that solves the puzzle! hehe.
Find out the ending on the next chapter!!!^^ Sorry if it isn't really good lol. Sorry for long note! xD