Blizzard

Blizzard

 

 

Snow… I’ve never really liked the snow or the winter for that sake, and defiantly not Blizzards. The winter is cold and lonely.

 

 

I was always alone and the winter was only a constant reminder of the loneliness and cold I lived in. And blizzards, I really hated them. They only brought more loneliness and cold… I never actually thought I would get a more “soft” opinion, if we are to say it like that,  about the winter. But it happened. It happened one cold winter’s night, in an elevator of all places.

 

There was a powerful blizzard outside, and i was barely able to keep myself up in the strong wind. The cold wind hit me in the face were I walked from the store. The clock had ticked itself to 19:30, and I had to go out to buy lightening bulbs since the old ones had stopped working  because of the storm. I ran through the door to my apartment building and brushed some of the snow of me. I probably looked like a yeti there I stood. I knew the jacket would be very wet, so I would probably have to hang it up for drying later. I noticed the elevator door closing, and I didn’t really feel like walking up all the stairs to my apartment.                  

I saw a person inside the elevator.

“Can you please hold the door for me?” I called out to him or her.

 I saw a hand stop the door so I ran, walked or whatever to the door.

“Thank yo..."  

I regretted the idea of taking the elevator the second I stepped inside.

 

The one who had stopped the elevator was Taeyang… The reason I regretted taking the elevator. I guess you can say I was head over heels for him. He was just perfect, I mean literally perfect. Perfect eyes, body, hair and mind.

  ~You get the idea~

 His Mohawk was just awesome. I bet if he colored it red it would look like flames. Anyway, he had a big jacket, which probably was really warm and comfy to wear outside in this weather. He had a dark pair of pants which he had a little further down on his hip, more like on his , but whatever. I even noticed the leather gloves and the ear warmers he had.          

In other words… he looked like he was really warm and comfy at the same time as he was incredibly handsome. I however looked like a wet, pathetic cold dog…

Anyways, we went to the same university and obviously we lived in the same apartment building.I had never really talked to him, we only shared some common subjects at school and if I was lucky, a rare gaze upon him in the hallways.    

Whenever I heard about him in school, well more like I overheard the conversations about him at school, I only heard only soft words being spoken about him, even if he was a little bit of a gangsta. Either way I ended up looking at him from a distance. Because I was pretty surethat he wasn’t exactly the one to go looking for guys and he would probably never be friend with me,an outcast… trust me I didn’t do it on purpose, I was just a little bit different.Different as in I prioritized other things than going out 7/11 to party, and I were always told that I didn’t look good and that my dark circles were ugly and so on.

 ~ Yes buhu, I was a victim of bullying. I got used to it after a while~

 

Anyhow back to the elevator.

I ended up staring at him a little bit before I took the tale between my legs and tried to get out, which failed miserably.The door closed right in front of me and it was already going up. Inside of me however it felt like everything was going down.  

 I stared at the door hoping this trip would end fast. I noticed the Taeyang was leaning against the wall listening to music

 ~Plus he had the music so damn high that people outside the elevator could hear it~

I let myself tempt and turned around to glance at him. He was staring towards the number changing on the wall above me, showing which floors we were passing.But of course my luck, who tends to play around with me, wasn’t feeling like making it easy for me… In other words he noticed me looking at him…

~Okay fine; staring at him, I admit it~.  

I turned around fast enough to hide the blush making a big process on my face.

“Which floor are you going to?”

I jumped a little bit as he asked the unexpected question. I turned towards him. He looked at me with his question still in his eyes. But the coward I was wasn’t able to meet his eyes so I looked down on the floor.

“Sixth floor” I answered…barley…

He nodded and moved his gaze away from me. I don’t know, I kinda felt disappointed when he turned his look away. I guess I was hoping he would talk to me more….

~ Okay what the hell was he supposed to say?! “Okay, there are really nice walls on the sixth floor”. Haa~, God damn it…~

Anyways! I took the little courage I had left inside me and asked;

“ahem… w-wh- which floor are y- you going to?”

 ~ I stuttered… of course … I’m surprised I even got out a word in the first place~.

He turned his gaze to me again and answered

“I’m going to the seventh floor”.

I nodded and turned away to hide another blush on my face.

~why I was blushing? I have no idea…~

 

Suddenly the elevator stopped and i almost fell down on the floor.  I looked up at the little lightening bulb with all the elevator buttons, it was blinking. It was a sign that the elevator had stopped  because of something that was wrong. I felt the panic sneak up on me.

 ‘Not now, why now of all times’, the thoughts was racing in my head. 

Taeyang came to the door and I moved away from him. I kept my gaze held down.

“It looks like we are stuck here” he said.

I looked up on him with fear in my eyes.

“No, I can’t be. There has to be a way for us to get out” i said with a little bit of hysteria in my voice.

 I saw that Taeyang was taken aback by my fear. He shook his head no and said:

“We have to stay here until someone comes and help us. Don’t worry I have already pushed the emergency button”.  

 I got a little calmer. But that didn’t last long when suddenly the lights went out and the only light we had was from the emergency power…

~ Yes, the building has emergency power… trust me it’s not exactly cheap living here ~…

 

Anyways, I felt my heart beating fast as hell.

“This isn’t good, we have to get out” I said.

“Take it easy, we won’t run out of air and someone will probably come and get us out soon.Plus I think it’s only because of the storm outside that we are stuck here” Taeyang said, trying to calm me down.

‘Stupid storm, I hate the winter and it’s not the freaking air that worries me’ I thought.

 I had never thought that I would ever have a conversation with Taeyang, at least not get stuck in an elevator with him for crying out loud.

I was afraid of what I might say to him. I’m kind of claustrophobic. I can do just fine in small rooms for a short time of period.

~like a short trip with the elevator… ~

But after a while I need to go out. And when I get scared or something like that I often tend to say just about everything.

'What if I suddenly say that I like him, what if I faint right in front of him, what if…’ that kind of thoughts were racing through my head right then. And it wasn’t exactly helping my situation. I got more and more nervous and before i knew it i was hyperventilating. In other words, I panicked…

I sunk down on the floor clutching on to my shirt while trying to breathe.It didn’t exactly go well considering it’s was getting darker for me. Suddenly I felt warm hands place themselves on my shoulders.It was Taeyang; he turned me around so I was looking straight in to his eyes. I thought my heart was going to beat itself out of my body.

 

He helped me up and then he placed my hand on his chest as he placed his on mine.  

Then he said:  “Feel my breath, it goes in and out! Can you feel my chest moving? It’s moving in and out”.

He pressed my hand against his chest while he was staring straight in to my soul. I felt tears, making their way in to the light and soon enough they were rolling down on my cheeks.

I nodded. “Okay now I want your chest to do the same. Come on now Seungri i know you can do it!” he said.

I looked at him with shocked eyes.

‘He knows my name?!’

The tears kept streaming down as I tried to even my breath with his.And finally after something that seemed like an eternity i was able to calm down my breath. Taeyang let go of my shoulder and hand, and i sunk down on the floor breaking down tears.

He kneeled down beside me and laid a comforting hand on my back, rubbing it against me.          

“It’s okay Seungri, I’m here” he said with a very soft and comforting voice.

 

When I had calmed down I asked him:

“how do you know my name?”

He looked at me and smiled.

“Of course I know your name Seungri. Why shouldn’t i?” he answered as it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I got a *what-the-* moment there. I shook my head releasing myself from the little trance i was in.

“… well because I’m like only an outcast in the school, which none want to talk to. And like which everyone suspects for witch-craft or some bull like that” I answered in a well-of-course- way.

“Haha, and? I’ve always wanted to get to know you, but I never got the chance” he answered with a smile.    

 And once again the well-known what-the- appeared. But in the end I ended up smiling to ham, happy to at least have him as friend.  

But for some reason he suddenly looked away, almost like he was blushing or something.

 

One hour had passed, and now I began to chough for some reason. Then I noticed that I had been sitting here in a wet jacket. …

~ wow good job Seungri you are really fast at noticing your surroundings ~

 

… Anyhow I guess Taeyang Noticed it to since:

“take of your jacket”.

I think I probably turned in to a tomato at the sudden question, well more like a command.

I looked at him with a question mark stuck in my forehead.

“Your jacket is wet and you are gonna be really sick if you don’t take it off” he stated in a stern voice.  

I nodded, not wanting to start a discussion with him. I’ve never felt so embarrassed before…

~ and this was only the jacket god damn it ~

… however the shirt under was also wet.

 ‘oh , what am I supposed to do now’ I asked myself.

I couldn’t take of the shirt too, that would be too much. So I didn’t tell him hoping he wouldn’t notice.

 

But after the second hour passed I got colder and I started to really shiver of the cold. 

“Jesus, Seungri you are pale as a corpse” Taeyang said shocked.

He knelt down beside me and placed his hand on my forehead.

“You got a fever” he stated.

Then he noticed my wet shirt. He looked up trying to burn holes in to my soul with his eyes. I however did everything to avoid his burning gaze.

“Off with the shirt Seungri”.

“WHAT” I shrieked.

“Take. Off.  The god damn shirt, you’re gonna be seriously ill if you don’t take it off!”  he stated still trying to burn holes in to me with his eyes.

“But I’m gonna freeze either way” I said with a shaking voice.

I got him thinking.

Then he said “No you’re not!”

 

Before I was able to register what was happening, Taeyang was standing up taking his jacket off and the clothes under with it. My eyes grew wider as he stood there in front of me with nothing on his upper half.The rumor about his beautiful body was no lie at all. I thought I was gonna die right then and there of embarrassment.He was so beautiful and I couldn’t stop staring at his perfectly toned and muscular body.

But then he bent down and took of my wet shirt. I immediately shielded my bare body from him,i had always been careful of showing my body to other people.One can say I didn’t exactly have any confidence in my body even though I had a few hidden abs there. And I had been told more than once how ugly I was, so you get the idea.

 

Taeyang, to my utter surprise, understood my feelings and said:

“It’s okay Seungri. It’s only us here. And your body is beautiful, so there is no reason to hide it”.

Again my heart skipped a beat.

 ~ Damn how does he do that? I still don’t get it ~

 

He took my arms around his neck and lifted me gently while he sat himself down on the floor, and placed me on his lap. My heart…well I think you can imagine what it was doing right now…

“Wh –what are you doing Taeyang?” I said not understanding this situation at all, and really unsure of how to react.

He chuckled and said “Heh, this!? It’s just survival one on one”

I didn’t understand it at all.

“I’m just sharing my body warmth with you” he finished while putting his jacket around us.

I was right thet jacket was really warm. And when he mentioned it I felt the warmth from his body spreading out in mine, warming me.

With a sudden courage hitting me, I leaned my head down to rest on his chest. I closed my eyes as i felt his heartbeat. It was such a calming sound which I could listen to forever…

“Am I alive?” he asked in a joking tone.

I gave out a silent laughter and nodded still keeping my eyes shut. I started to doze off when…

“ I like you” i put my hand over my mouth the moment the words escaped my mouth .

What I feared the most would happen, just freaking  happened…

“What?” he asked.

“NOTHING IT WAS NOTHIN TAEYANG. JUST FORGET IT!”  I kind of screamed to him hysterical…

~and the award for sounding like maniac goes to Seungri. wee the audience is going carzy ~

… I heard him chuckle…

“I like you too Seungri”

"…"

~...Or not? ~

I looked at him.

“… W – what?” I was barely able to get out.

He laughed and kissed my forehead. My heart skipped yet another beat as I felt his lips on my forehead.

~ I think this guy is trying to give me a heart attack... ~

 

“I like you too Seungri. I have liked you for a while now. I have always watched you so alone and lonely in the hallways. I’ve always wanted to hold you, protect you and call you mine…” 

I felt the tears making their way in to the light again. I smiled and hugged him tightly thanking however who was listening for letting me be with this man.

He chuckled a little and lifted my head. We looked at each other for a while and then we pressed our foreheads against each other’s. We closed our eyes and remained in the position until Taeyang asked me;

“Seungri...”.

“Yes” I answered him.

“Can I kiss you?” he asked opening his eyes as i opened mine at the sudden question.

I thought he was joking asking for permission. But I saw in his eyes that he was dead serious. I was a bit taken back. I swallowed nervously and nodded. He smiled and before I knew it he pressed his lips against mine in a passionate kiss that said more than a thousand words.

When we pulled back I whispered with my eyes closed;

“I can defiantly start liking the winter”. Taeyang let out a silent laugh.

“Yes the winter isn’t only loneliness and cold” he said with a very calm smile.

‘Wow’ I thought. And so we spent the night in the elevator, and enjoyed the feeling of being in each other’s arms.

 ~It felt so right being in his arms~

 

Then the next day the idiots, who were supposed to save us hours ago, finally appeared and got us out.

Anyways the moment I stepped out of the elevator, I knew was given a new beginning, and maybe some warmth in my life than the freezing cold.

 

The end...?

 

Ron - Kon