Alien

Alien

The bell at the entrance jingled, signaling an arrival of a customer.

"Oh, Bom-ssi, you're here! Coming early to work on your song for later?" Rushing towards Bom, Chaerin gave her a quick hug before giving her a slight frown, saying, "it's crowded here, and the seats in the café are all taken. You probably have to share with a customer." Chaerin placed her hand on her forehead, imitating a salute, "Mianhae," she pouted.

"Gwenchana, you don't have to save a seat for me," Bom smiled warmly. Chaerin was one of her best buddies, and of course, one of the best baristas she'd ever met.

"Oh, help me make a cup of latté. You know my preferences." Bom called before looking around for a seat, puffing up her cheeks. Looking around, she saw a table with four woven chairs, one of them occupied by a tall, strong-built guy, wearing black-framed glasses. He wore a beanie on his head, white t-shirt with a black sweater on top, with jeans at the bottom and black classic converse shoes.

At least he seems nice.

She hastily walked up to the table, peeking at him and quietly asking, "Excuse me, may I take this seat?"

He looked up, and Bom was greeted with a handsome, square face and strong features, with blue hair. Blue hair.

Weird.

"Oh, neh, I don't mind," He smiled warmly, putting his bag on the floor from the chair to let her put her guitar.

*~~~~~~~~~~~*

"Excuse me, may I take this seat?"

Choi Seunghyun looked up from his preliminary papers, to meet the eyes of a young lady. Huge eyes with rich eyeliner. Puffy cheeks.  Black off-shoulder shirt over a black tank top. Guitar behind her back. Red hair. Bright red hair.

Weird.

"Oh, neh, I don't mind," managing a wide smile, he removed his bag from the chair, letting her put the guitar in that chair. She smiled back, sat down, and took out some papers, with music notes and bars. Taking out her guitar, she fiddled with the strings as she read the music score, taking notes down as she read. He watched her silently as she frustratingly scratched her head, tapped the guitar with her fingers and drew an alien. two red, long antenna, blue from head to toe, red buttons as eyes, a mouth with a tongue sticking out of it. Its legs we're short and stubby with no toes. He raised his eyebrows in amazement. It was exactly the same as Yooki.

He looked down at the identical alien keychain hung on his bag. He never met a person who shared the same alien with him.  Yooki was a keychain given to him as a last gift from his grandfather, and it had always been his lucky charm, be it exams or auditions.

There was something about this girl seated opposite him that attracted him, because of that alien. They both have weird hair, they both have the same alien, and... they both play the guitar.

He pushed his exam paper, the one with the alien drawing on, in front of her, smirking,

"coincidence?"

*~~~~~~~~~~~*
Her eyes fell onto that alien that was drawn on the paper. It was the exact same one as the one on HER music score.

"Omo," she said smiling, "same alien. you have this keychain too?" she took out an old, worn form of the same alien and showed it to him. He took out his and waved it back.

They laughed, as if they were old friends who just met after a long time, then went back to their work.

She watched him as he wrote stuff on his paper, then shyly asked him, "do you know how to play the guitar?"

He looked up, and nodded, "wae?"

"... Umm you see, I'm performing later here tonight, and I don't seem to have a song to sing, or play." She looked at him with those eyes and said, "help?"

"Hand me the guitar."

Her lips broke into a smile as she bowed and handed the guitar over to him. He tuned the guitar for his song, and briefly introduced it.

"This song was written by my friends," he paused, then said, "and the awesome me." He smiled as she giggled, then started to strum the guitar. "It's called 'Blue'." He merely heard her murmur, "like your hair," then smiled and started,

" The winter had passed
And the spring has come
We have withered
And our hearts are bruised from longing..."

His voice was low and rough, but beautiful in a certain way. As he sang, she melted into the tune of the piece.

"(i’m singing my blues)
Used to the blue tears, blue sorrow
(i’m singing my blues)
The love that i have sent away with the floating clouds, oh oh"


She applauded, giving him a thumbs up.

The whole afternoon was spent on helping her learn the song, together with the laughter, smiles, and also friendship and possible puppy crushes that blossomed.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~*

"There, you're all set. Good luck!"

He looked at his watch, eyes widened.

"Omo, 5pm already? I have to go... nice meeting you. Annyeong!" He waved, taking his stuff and hurrying out of the door. She watched him walk further away into the distance, and eventually disappear into the faceless crowd. She sighed and murmured,

"I don't even know your name."

She looked down at her guitar, only to see a green post-it stuck on it. It read:

Choi Seunghyun, aka TOP, aka Alien-with-blue-hair
+82 XX XXX YYY
Hope to meet you again soon, alien-with-red-hair!
=^^=

She chuckled, before shoving the post-it in her bag, then practicing some more.

"The winter had passed
And the spring has come..."


*~~~~~~~~~~~*
~7pm~

"Bommie, you're up! Good luck!" Chaerin whispered before giving her a thumbs up sign, grinning widely. Bom took a deep breath, stepped up onto the slightly elevated platform, sat herself on the lone bar chair, took the mic and spoke,

"Annyeong everyone. I'm your entertainer for the night. Tonight, I'll be performing a song someone... special taught me," she smiled to herself, then continued, "it's called 'Blue'. Enjoy." She received the applause from the dinner crowd as they turned to her, and she started to strum her guitar, singing,

"Gyeouri gago bomi chajaojyo urin sideulgo
Geurium soge mami meongdeureotjyo

(i’m singing my blues)
Paran nunmure paran seulpeume gildeullyeojyeo
(i’m singing my blues)
Ddeungureume nallyeobonaen sarang oh oh..."


She was about to continue, when another voice, a familiar rough and low voice interrupted her and forced her to stop.

"Gateun haneul dareun got neowana wiheomhanikka
Neoegeseo ddeonajuneun geoya..."


She looked around the café, only to spot the familiar tall, blue-haired guy at the back of the café, with a mike. Her strumming momentarily stopped as the audience looked over at who she was looking at. Choi Seunghyun. What the hell is he doing here...

"Nimiran geuljae jeomhana bigeobhajiman
Naega motna sumneun geoya..."


He returned her look of surprise with a charming smile, continuing,

"Janinhan ibyeoreun sarangui mallo
Geu eoddeon maldo wiro dwel suneun eobtdago..."


Choi Seunghyun. Thank god you're here. Relieved, she continued strumming,

"Ama nae insaengui majimak mello
Magi naeryeo-oneyo ije"


She smiled and continued,

"Tae-eonaseo neol mannago jugeul mankeum saranghago
Parake muldeureo sirin nae maeum
Nuneul gamado neol neukkil su eobtjanha..."


And eventually, the solo became a duet, and they received a standing ovation after the song.

"So how did you manage to get the mic from manager oppa?" She questioned him, frowning.

He shrugged, "Pretended to be your boyfriend, claiming that I was late for our couple duet?" That earned a quick slap on the back from her, then she chuckled.

He turned to her, smirking, "it's crazy how we only knew each other for five hours, and I already taught you a song, did a duet together, but I don't even know your name yet."

"Park Bom. Alien-with-the-red-hair."

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

There, my first oneshot ^^ although its not really fantastic (cuz i found it unfluffy :/)... still... I hope you readers enjoy it... ^^"

'Blue' acoustic version (its daebak, really) -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhYGSFtmMzI

You guys heard 'Monster' already? IT'S FREAKING DAEBAK XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btDd9rOlc2k&ob=av2e

gif not mine :3