Final

Confession

Donghae was sitting alone in the dorm’s living room, staring at the TV, though he wasn’t exactly paying attention to the show. To say he was bored would be big underestimate. Everyone was out, doing their schedules and he had no one to keep him company. After some time he felt weight on his legs and looked down to see Heebum curled up on a furry ball on his lap. A small smile made its way Donghae’s lips as he ran his fingertips trough the soft fur behind Heebum’s ear.

- Thank you. – He whispered quietly, grateful that at least the cat came to keep him company. Heebum responded with soft purr, enjoying Donghae’s caresses.

He spent the next fifteen minutes like that, petting the cat, merely spacing out until his phone buzzed under the couch’s pillows. He reached the hand that wasn’t petting the animal under the pillow and pulled his phone out. A big smile spread across his face as he saw the caller ID. Quickly he clicked the green button and pressed the phone against his ear.

- Hae? – He heard the other’s voice, making his smile grow wider.

- Hi Hyukkie! – He sang with cheerful voice.

- What’s up? You sound happy. – Eunhyuk chuckled on the other end of the line.

- Nothing, I’m just happy to talk to someone. I’m dying here alone! – He whined pouting for a moment before the smile made its way back to his lips as the other responded.

- Why didn’t you call me if you were bored?

- I didn’t want to disturb you while working. – Donghae explained letting his head rest on the pillow behind him.

- I’d always find time for you, and the schedule was boring anyways. – Eunhyuk said and Donghae felt heat rising up in his cheeks.

Then a whisper like sound and then the loud clattering sound of heels was heard on the other end of the line.

- Are you alone? – Donghae asked, the question slipping out before he could stop it.

- Yeah, the show manager just left… Why? Are you jealous? – He asked, a smirk visible in his voice.

Donghae bit his lips and felt the blush covering his cheeks getting stronger as he tried to compose himself and answer. – Of course not! I was just curious! – He shouted, hoping that’d fool Eunhyuk.

The other chuckled. – It’s okay, I’d be jealous if you weren’t alone, either.

- What? – Donghae breathed out, suddenly nervousness taking him over.

- N-nothing. – Eunhyuk stuttered and then sighed sadly.

- What is it Hyuk? You can tell me. – Donghae said, his cheerful voice turning into concerned one, as he furrowed his eyebrows at Eunhyuk’s sudden change.

- I can’t. – The other whispered sadly, letting yet another sigh, succeeding in breaking Donghae’s heart a little.

- Yes you can! You know you can tell me everything! – He said, trying his best to convince the older to tell him what’s wrong.

- I’m risking our friendship if I tell you. – Eunhyuk’s voice sounded broken and that almost made Donghae cry. He hated seeing his best friend in this state.

- I’d never hate you Hyukkie, no matter what you say! – He reassured the other and smiled warmly, even though he knew Eunhyuk couldn’t see him.

- Even if what I tell you is completely unacceptable? – Eunhyuk asked with shaky voice.

- No matter what you say. – Donghae repeated again.

- Even if I tell you that I love you more than a friend should? – Eunhyuk whispered so quietly that it was barely heard, but it rang loud and clear in Hae’s head. He was stoned and didn’t know how to react.

- Hae, are you there? – Eunhyuk asked.

- Hyukkie, I… You… That’s… - Donghae stuttered, not knowing what to say.

- You hate me, I knew it. – Eunhyuk’s sad voice rang through the phone.

- No-no! I-I don’t hate you! 0 Donghae rushed to say, not wanting the older to get the things wrong. – I’m just… Surprised…

- Aren’t you disgusted?

- How could I be? You’re my best friend. – Donghae’s voice softened.

- Then how do you feel towards me? – Eunhyuk asked seriously.

- I-I… - He paused for a second. – Don’t know. What do you want me to say Hyuk?

- Anything! Tell me you hate me! Tell me you can’t respond my feelings! Just give me some sort of answer, ‘cuz I can’t hold on like this. – Eunhyuk almost shouted and Donghae could almost see the tears in the other’s eyes.

- When are you coming home? – Donghae asked. He didn’t want to have this conversation on the phone.

- In fifteen minutes. – Eunhyuk answered quietly.

- Okay. We’ll talk when you’re here. Bye.

He hung up and sank into his own thoughts. Heebum, who was still sitting in his lap tried to catch his attention and make him proceed with his caresses, but Donghae was too lost in thoughts to notice. Soon the bell rang and Donghae felt his stomach twist nervously. He slowly got up and walked to the door. He put his hand on the doorknob and took deep breath before opening.

Eunhyuk stood outside with nervous smile. – Um.. Hi.

- H-hey. – Donghae responded and stepped aside to make room for Eunhyuk to enter.

They stood in awkward silence for a minute before Eunhyuk spoke.

- Say it already! I’m ready, go ahead, reject me!

- Hyukkie, I… - Donghae started, but couldn’t find the correct words to continue.

- Come on. Say you hate me, slap me if you want, just do something. Please.

- I could never do that! – Donghae objected.

- It’ll be better than nothing! Do you know how hard it’s for me to be like this? To be close to you but not being able to touch and hug you and tell you what I feel? – Eunhyuk shouted, tear rolling down his cheek.

Donghae’s heart clenched at the sight and he hugged him. – You can hug me Hyukkie. Whenever you want. – He whispered. – Just don’t cry…

- No. – Eunhyuk pushed himself out of the younger’s embrace. – I don’t want you to do this out of pity, Hae…

- But I…

- I don’t want to push you into something you don’t want. – Eunhyuk said and blinked away the tears that threatened to escape his eyes.

- What if I want you to push me? – Donghae snapped.

Eunhyuk looked up with nothing but confusion in his eyes. – What?

- Maybe… I need a little push to respond your feelings. I’m not sure what my feelings are, so maybe a push will help me find out. – Donghae said, blushing.

Eunhyuk’s eyes lit up and he stared the other for a bit, before whispering. – Are you… Are you sure?

Donghae only nodded. Eunhyuk smiled widely before gently wrapping his arms around the younger’s waist, slowly puling him towards himself. Donghae put his hands on Eunhyuk’s chest and closed his eyes as the latter started leaning forward slowly. Seconds later the other’s breath hit his face and soft lips connected with his. The kiss was innocent, but Donghae could feel all the love Eunhyuk had for him in it. He felt his heart flutter and smile made it’s way on his face. Eunhyuk pulled away and smiled lovingly.

- Maybe you don’t love me as much as I do right now, but its okay. I’ll take care of you, I promise. I love you Hae. – He said and kissed Donghae’s forehead.

Donghae only nodded and lost himself in the other’s embrace. He knew it, this was the best decision he had ever made.

 

----

A/N: Cheesy, I know, but I hope you liked it ^^ Comment and tell me how I did <3